Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Numbers is the most innovative spreadsheet app ever designed for a mobile device. Created exclusively for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, Numbers includes support for Multi-Touch gestures and Smart Zoom so you can create powerful spreadsheets using just your fingers.
Start with one of over 30 Apple-designed templates for your home budget, checklist, invoice, mortgage calculator and more. Choose from over 250 powerful functions. Tap to add tables, charts, text and images anywhere on the free-form canvas. Touch and drag your finger to reorder columns and rows and to resize tables. Double-tap a cell to bring up the intelligent keyboard that helps you enter text, formulas, dates and times, or duration. Animate your data with interactive column, bar, scatter and bubble charts. And with an all-new calculation engine, Numbers is faster than ever before.
With iCloud built in, your spreadsheets are kept up to date across all your devices. You can instantly share a spreadsheet using just a link, giving others the latest version and the ability to edit it directly with Numbers for iCloud beta from www.icloud.com using a Mac or PC browser.
And with a new unified file format across the Mac, iOS and the web, your spreadsheets are consistently beautiful everywhere you open them.
Get started quickly
• Stunning new user interface designed to match iOS 7
• Over 30 Apple-designed templates give your spreadsheets a beautiful start
• Double-tap a cell to access the intelligent keyboard to add text, formulas, dates and times, and more
• Numbers is faster than ever before, with an all-new calculation engine
• Reorder columns and rows, and resize tables, with a touch and a drag
• Import and edit Microsoft Excel and CSV files using Mail, a WebDAV service or iTunes File Sharing
• Turn on Coaching Tips for guided in-app help
• Place tables, charts, text and images anywhere on the free-form canvas
• Update tables, charts, text and images using beautiful preset styles
• Insert photos and video with the Media Browser
• Create a form to quickly enter data on the go
• Edit down to the pixel with rulers, alignment guides and powerful graphics tools
• Choose from over 250 powerful functions
• Get built-in help and sample formulas for each function
• Sort columns in ascending or descending order
• Hide or unhide rows and columns
• Turn filters on and off in imported spreadsheets
• Insert gorgeous 2D and 3D charts
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter and bubble charts
• Change values in cells using sliders, steppers, tickboxes, pop-ups and star ratings
• Use Undo to go back through your previous changes
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your spreadsheets from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your spreadsheets from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Numbers for iCloud beta
• Numbers automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your spreadsheet to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter or Facebook
• Anyone with a shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the spreadsheet and can edit it with you at iCloud.com with Numbers for iCloud beta
• Export your spreadsheet to CSV, PDF and Microsoft Excel
• Use “Open in Another App” to copy spreadsheets to apps such as Dropbox
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including a single tab, or all tabs
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Numbers does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
Numbers for iCloud beta is currently available in English only.
What's New in Version 2.1
• Edit spreadsheets in landscape orientation on iPhone and iPod touch
• Chart date and duration values
• Share password-protected documents via iCloud link
• Export password-protected spreadsheets to XLSX format
• Improved compatibility with Microsoft Excel 2013 spreadsheets
• Custom number formats in charts are preserved on import of Numbers ’09 and Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
• Bug fixes and stability improvements
This app works on all Apple products and generally works well. Have to say I do not like the colouring on the latest update, a bit primary school for me.
However, I did not lose any function when it updated and all documents were preserved.
If it has a fault, it is to do with the touch screen version for mobile devices and that can be tricky to edit first time. I suppose it is to do with varying screen angles and sometimes the wrong edit is done and has to be back tracked.
Also, the saving process could usefully have another step in it - as it does on the macbook version, that way, inadvertent shut down does not save half completed work across all your devices. Perhaps save the current work in draft, but ask for it to be adopted when the file re-opens.
Apart from these niggles, evident in most software, I have found it a useful tool.
Excellent - prefer it to Excel
I've been using this app for a couple of years now, and have found the functionality excellent from the start. Building formulae, formatting sheets, embedding graphs and images all are really good. But what have really been huge improvements are the iOS restyling of the interface, and above all the improved import and export options at last including full bi-directional Open-In support for csv as well as pdf and excel.
Now the only spreadsheet I need - PC in the loft and unlikely to be used again!
Fixed - thank you
I wrote an annoyed review after using numbers all Friday and having it crash on every occasion.
I can now report it works perfectly for me and a lot smoother than before the update.
I can only think the problem on Friday was icloud based and not app based and all has been sorted.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 23 January 2014
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 234 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: iTunes S.a.r.l.
- © 2010 - 2014 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.