Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Create gorgeous spreadsheets with Numbers for Mac. Get started with one of many Apple-designed templates for your home budget, checklist, invoice, mortgage calculator and more. Add tables, charts, text and images anywhere on the free-form canvas. As soon as you start typing a formula, you'll get instant suggestions and built-in help for the over 250 powerful functions. Animate your data with new interactive column, bar, scatter and bubble charts. Easily filter through large tables. Automatically format cells based on numbers, text, dates and durations with new conditional highlighting. And with an all-new calculation engine, Numbers is faster than ever before.
With iCloud built in, your spreadsheets are kept up to date across all your devices. And with the release of real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone or iPod touch — even on a PC using iWork for iCloud.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a spreadsheet at the same time
• Collaboration is built in to Numbers on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Numbers for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
Get started quickly
• Over 30 Apple-designed templates give your spreadsheets a beautiful start
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts and sharing options
• The new Format Panel automatically updates based on selection
• Quickly click through a spreadsheet using new tab navigation
• Import and edit Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
• Import and edit Comma Separated Values (CSV) and tab-delimited text
• Quickly open password-protected spreadsheets using Touch ID on supported Macs
• Place tables, charts, text and images anywhere on the free-form canvas
• Add and resize multiple tables on a single sheet
• Create great-looking tables with enhanced cell border styling tools
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes and images look beautiful
• Insert photos, music and video with the Media Browser
• Edit down to the pixel with rulers, alignment guides and powerful graphics tools
Formulas for everyone
• Choose from over 250 powerful functions
• Easily add current or historical stock information to spreadsheets
• Get function suggestions as soon as you start typing a formula
• Search the integrated function browser for built-in help and sample formulas
• Get live formula results, error checking, exact value and cell format with the new smart cell view
• Add your favourite functions to Quick Calculations for instant results
• Insert gorgeous 2D and 3D charts
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter and bubble charts
• Automatically highlight cells based on rules for numbers, text, dates and durations
• Easily filter through large tables
• Change values in cells using sliders, steppers, tickboxes, pop-ups and star ratings
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your spreadsheets from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and from icloud.com
• Access and edit your spreadsheets from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Numbers for iCloud
• Numbers automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your spreadsheet to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter or Facebook
• Export your spreadsheet to CSV, PDF and Microsoft Excel
• Use “Open in Another App” to copy spreadsheets to apps such as Dropbox
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Numbers does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
What's New in Version 4.1
• Easily add current or historical stock information to spreadsheets
• Quickly open password-protected spreadsheets using Touch ID on the new MacBook Pro with Touch Bar
• New leader lines make pie charts easier to read
• Easily replace fonts throughout an entire spreadsheet
• While collaborating on a spreadsheet, you can now cut, copy, paste and duplicate sheets
• Customise dates, times and currencies for your language or region
What a disgrace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have auto update enabled on my phone so Numbers was updated without me knowing, I then access a critical numbers spreadsheet on my phone and then later tried and udpate it on my iMac. I get a message that I need to update to the latest version of Numbers for OSX to view my spreadsheet BUT I CAN’T UPDATE TO THE LATEST VERSION BECAUSE MY MACHINE IS TOO OLD!!! This really is the final straw for me now - I have three choices: 1) upgrade my iMac to out of date hardware (because Apple are useless/have no interest in maintaining up-to-date desktop hardware), 2) never trust/use Apple software or services again or 3) abandon Apple completely
I intend to choose option 2) now followed by option 3) over the longer term as my hardware needs upgrading
I never used to be concerned about being locked into the Apple eco-system before, but that has gradually changed over the last few years - prices have increased, lack of desktop hardware updates is just a joke and now not being able to access critical documents because I haven’t upgraded my iMac that is functioning perfectly well is the final straw.
I remember when Apple hardware and software "just worked", now not only does it not "just work" but unless you keep giving them money at their pre-defined intervals they will ensure that it stops working completely!!!!!!!
Apple - a strategy of obscelence and waste
No warning, no alert that the format of the Numbers file is being changed, but now I can’t work spreadsheets on my El Capitan MacBook Pro once they have been touched by my iMac running Sierra. Thanks a bunch! I can’t upgrade the MBP because that got locked out at the last system update. OK it is old (2009), but it is a perfectly reliable and viable machine; clearly all Apple is interested in is selling more and more hardware - so much for their environmental credentials. What really tees me off is that there were no warnings that I was about to head-up a route that would severely compromise my use of the laptop. I cannot beleive the upgrade to Numbers (which appears very incremental) precludes early operating systems; I exhort you to fix it.
No, I am not buying another Apple laptop.
Apalling and Shameless behaviour from Apple
So I have a business critical spreadsheet prepared on my newer imac and ipad. which I now cannot use on my older laptop. The clear business strategy here is to force us to buy new computers if we want to use our files across all our devices. Well forget it. Microsoft Office Here I come. I supported iwork because it had all the qualities I’d come to expect from apple. now these featureless apps can do very little. they dont even mail merge, now.
This is terrible corporate behaviour, that I dont expect from Jobs’ company but perhaps it’s all going to seed. Laptop prices in the UK have gone through the roof and we could be seeing the start of the end for apples increased market share.
Fix this. it’s terrible !!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 27 March 2017
- Version: 4.1
- Size: 173 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Apple Distribution International
- © 2008-2017 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: macOS 10.12 or later