Create gorgeous spreadsheets with Numbers for Mac. Get started with one of many Apple-designed templates for your home budget, checklist, invoice, mortgage calculator and more. Add tables, charts, text and images anywhere on the free-form canvas. As soon as you start typing a formula, you’ll get instant suggestions and built-in help for the over 250 powerful functions. Animate your data with new interactive column, bar, scatter and bubble charts. Easily filter through large tables. Automatically format cells based on numbers, text, dates and durations with new conditional highlighting. And with an all-new calculation engine, Numbers is faster than ever before.
With iCloud built in, your spreadsheets are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone or iPod touch — even on a PC using Numbers for iCloud.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a spreadsheet at the same time
• Collaboration is built in to Numbers on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Numbers for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on spreadsheets stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Over 30 Apple-designed templates give your spreadsheets a beautiful start
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts and sharing options
• The new Format Panel automatically updates based on selection
• Use Smart Categories to see your data in a whole new way
• Quickly organise and summarise tables to gain new insights
• Import and edit Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
• Import and edit Comma Separated Values (CSV) and tab-delimited text
• Quickly open password-protected spreadsheets using Touch ID on supported Macs
• Place tables, charts, text and images anywhere on the free-form canvas
• Add and resize multiple tables on a single sheet
• Create great-looking tables with enhanced cell border styling tools
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes and images look beautiful
• Use doughnut charts to visualise data in an engaging new way
• Add an interactive image gallery to view a collection of photos
• Insert photos, music and video with the Media Browser
• Enhance your spreadsheets with a library of over 700 editable shapes
Formulas for everyone
• Choose from over 250 powerful functions
• Get function suggestions as soon as you start typing a formula
• Search the integrated function browser for built-in help and sample formulas
• Get live formula results, error checking, exact value and cell format with the new smart cell view
• Easily add stock information to spreadsheets
• Add your favourite functions to Quick Calculations for instant results
Everything adds up. Beautifully
• Insert gorgeous 2D and 3D charts
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter and bubble charts
• Automatically highlight cells based on rules for numbers, text, dates and durations
• Easily filter through large tables
• Change values in cells using sliders, steppers, tickboxes, pop-ups and star ratings
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your spreadsheets from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your spreadsheets from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Numbers for iCloud
Share your work
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter or Facebook
• Export your spreadsheet to CSV, PDF and Microsoft Excel
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Numbers does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
• Use Smart Categories to quickly organise and summarise tables to gain new insights.
• Group your data based on unique values and date ranges, including day of week, day, week, month, quarter and year.
• Instantly show count, subtotal, average, maximum and minimum values for columns in each group.
• Create charts of your summarised data.
• Easily reorder categories to see your data in a different way.
• Support for Dark Mode gives Numbers a dramatic dark look. Toolbars and menus recede into the background so you can focus on your content. Requires macOS Mojave.
• Support for Continuity Camera allows you to take a photo or scan a document with your iPhone and have it automatically appear in your spreadsheet on your Mac. Requires macOS Mojave and iOS 12.
• Easily record, edit and play audio directly in a spreadsheet.
• Enhance your spreadsheets with a variety of new editable shapes.
• Performance and stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Cell formating now messed up
Bugs, bugs, bugs.
Cells formating now automatically changed columns that had just numbers and replaced them all into a currency and when attempting to correct them within cell format the new version prevents this and automatically rejects any correction. Previous version worked fine but as a daily professional user of these spreadsheets they are now in a mess. Needs fxing asap.
Also, although I’ve mentioned this before in feedback requests, please Apple can you strongly consider the ability to protect individual cells as per excel rather than expecting users to create a lengthy, messy process of cluttered locked tables to prevent cell formulas and accidental deletion errors (especially for when sharing with users who use the sheets but are unaware of the complex formula written for them).
The old version was so much better
I use the old version - Numbers '09. It has so many more powerful features than the current version, and it has a neater and more compact use of screen space, too. There's something blundering and awkward about the way this version uses so much screen space to show me something very simple.
Worse, with every incarnation of Numbers Apple seems to remove some functionality. Sure, there are 'more templates' and you can make prettier, snazzier charts. But in terms of setting out a big table with the data on it which you actually want and need, Numbers '09 was so much better, and I'm not changing until I'm forced to.
For Home Users you dont need anything else.
For me, this app is just good enough. I havent got hight expectations, because i use it only at home doing my budget sheet and counting my overtime. I like the fact, my sheets from Office 2010 have been imported hassle free. I can see a lot of other users experience some problems or crashes, but they never happened to me. I like that synchronization between ipad and iphone version as well. Im not asking for more as a home user. In productive environment it will suffer with lack of more advanced functions but at home is just perfect.
- Apple Distribution International
- 204.2 MB
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2008-2018 Apple Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.