Calorie Counter +
By NutraTech Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
UK Calorie Counter App - part of Nutracheck.co.uk online weight loss. Enjoy a 5 day free trial – after this daily usage limits apply. Upgrade to full App access from £3.99 / month. For the full Nutracheck.co.uk service, including extra online tools, subscriptions start from £8.99 / month.
***** Reviewed by the Daily Mail *****
"Of all the calorie counter Apps, this is one of the very best."
Nutracheck makes light work of calorie counting with...
- Barcode scanning for easy calorie counting - instantly search over 140,000 UK foods and add them to your food diary*
- Access to the Nutracheck members’ Forums
- Weight tracking facility with graphs
- Try the 'Lite' version or subscribe 'in-App' for unlimited access. Further 'in-App' membership options also available for access to the full nutracheck.co.uk service.
- Shows how many calories you have left for the day on the Nutracheck app homepage icon
*compatible with iOS7 and iOS6, iPad, iPhone 3GS and above, iPod Touch 4th Generation and above.
***** Reviews *****
Easy Peasy *****
Great app and search functionality is excellent unlike other similar apps I've used. Also like the remaining calories highlighted on the app icon. So much easier to use now it's optimised for mobile! Gives freedom to input diary entries on the go as well as at home, so makes me stick to my guns even more!
SO EASY TO USE!! *****
This app is definitely going to appeal if you are already a member of Nutracheck, it is worth paying to join if you want a really comprehensive food diary/calorie counting mechanism. I thought the app is much easier to use than on the web, it's very intuitive and simple and to be able to have this when you're out and about is a bonus, TOP MARKS, I LOVE IT!!!
As a Nutracheck member, this App is great. Find it so easy to use, probably just as easy as using the computer version of the food diary. I also don't like to have the monthly renewal going out so it's good to have the option to top up membership one month at a time. Love it NC, does everything I expected and more!!!
Very very happy *****
Brilliant app which makes using NC on the move very easy. I love the barcode scanner which has found my food 90% of the time.
I always use the My Favourite's to add my food for the day in one go which makes it really quick to use. Well done NC
The perfect diet companion, Nutracheck's iPhone app has been designed to make keeping your food and exercise diary quicker, easier and more convenient. Whether you’re eating out, lunching on the go or just want to catch up with the latest forum gossip, you’ll never want to be without it.
FOOD & EXERCISE DIARY
- Barcode scanning – just point and scan to instantly track down the item you’re adding. If it’s not in our database, just add it once and it’ll be there for future use in your personal database.
- Text Search provides instant results as you type (requires data connection)
- Popular restaurant meals, Fast Food & Takeaways included for when you’re out and about
- Water monitor
- Over 1,000 calorie counted exercises in our database, including popular DVDs and WiiFit activities
- Add pedometor steps and we'll convert them to calories burnt
- Week view for monitoring your progress over time
MEALS/RECIPES CALORIE COUNTER
- Calorie count your home cooked meals, recipes and snacks quickly and easily
- Store them for future reference in the handy folders
- Provides full access to all our forums
- Hundreds of real life Q&As from our Nutrition and Fitness Experts
- Read and post on the go!
- Keeping your progress chart up to date is now even easier
- Options to track both weight and waist measurements
What's New in Version 3.1.2
- Fixed an issue with the Kcal Badge not appearing for some iPhone users
If your badge has disappeared, download the App update, then go to the More section, scroll down the page and choose 'Show kcal badge'
Very helpful tool
This is a good user friendly app and great value for money compared to other pricey weight loss schemes out there. The minimum one month subscription offer is helpful if you are not planning on losing a lot of weight, but just want to control your eating for a short while to get back on track and in the right mindset again. The database of foods is very comprehensive and the use of product pictures make this easy to navigate quickly.
Minor tweaks would be:
1. To be able to manually edit the time that food items are added, as you can do on the website version. I am often entering info before or a while after I have eaten. Despite selecting 'breakfast' etc this is overruled by whatever time you are entering the data, so often it appears I'm eating my breakfast at 7pm!
2. Less sensitive spelling - given this is an iPad version and typos are likely to be more frequent, you have to get the spelling exactly right for an item to come up. It would be good if there was either an auto correct function when typing or if the app guessed a closest approximation based on what you have entered as sometimes it hard to get it spot on.
I lost 4.5 stone with Nutracheck about 3 years ago when the app was only just beginning. In those days it was a right faff because you had to log everything on a computer so that odd bite of something you'd had while you were out either got forgotten or you had to carry the wrapper home to make sure you logged it right. I'm now back to Nutracheck to lose some baby weight...2 stone to go! This app gives you all the important stuff on the go, I even use it in the kitchen when preparing stuff. The app is NOT expensive when compared to some other major weight loss brands such as Weight Watchers and I am living proof that, if used religiously, Nutracheck really does work. The forums are fab and very friendly too :-)
This is a very good app, it highlights the amount of calories and exercise data that you input. The functions are easy to use and the app works very well as long as you are honest with what your eating.
There are some bad points.
1. I think you should be able to add what time you have eaten a certain food and add notes (these can be done via the website but costs more)
2. The cost of this app is £3.99 per month which is expensive for just the app access, but the cost overall is cheap if you was going to a weight watchers meeting or similar
3. When adding exercise data you should be able I add in your calorie usage (assuming you have your correct heart rate/threshold values and equipment that works this out for you) not just what Nutracheck has worked it out to be.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 10 January 2014
- Version: 3.1.2
- Size: 27.0 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Nutratech Ltd
- © 2013 NutraTech Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- 30 Day Nutracheck App Subscription£3.99
- 30 Day Nutracheck Subscription£5.99
- 30 Day Nutracheck Subscription£8.99
- 2 Month Nutracheck Subscription£16.99
- 3 Month Nutracheck Subscription£24.99
- 3 Month Nutracheck Subscription - Special Offer£17.99