Calorie Counter +
By NutraTech Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
UK Calorie Counter App - part of Nutracheck.co.uk online weight loss. Enjoy a 7 day free trial – after this daily usage limits apply. Upgrade to full App access from £3.99 / month. For the full Nutracheck.co.uk service, including extra online tools, memberships start from £8.99 / month.
***** Reviewed by the Daily Mail *****
"Of all the calorie counter Apps, this is one of the very best."
Nutracheck makes light work of calorie counting with...
- Picture search nutrition database for quick and accurate diary entries
- Barcode scanning for easy calorie counting - instantly search our database of over 160,000 UK foods and add them to your food diary*
- Access to the Nutracheck members’ Forums
- Weight tracker facility with graphs
- Try the 'Lite' version or subscribe 'in-App' for unlimited access. Further 'in-App' membership options also available for access to the full nutracheck.co.uk service.
- Tracks how many calories you have left for the day on the Nutracheck app homepage icon
*compatible with iOS6 and above, iPhone 3GS and above, iPad 2 and above, iPod Touch 4th generation and above.
***** Reviews *****
Easy Peasy *****
Great app and search functionality is excellent unlike other similar apps I've used. Also like the remaining calories highlighted on the app icon. So much easier to use now it's optimised for mobile! Gives freedom to input diary entries on the go as well as at home, so makes me stick to my guns even more!
SO EASY TO USE!! *****
This app is definitely going to appeal if you are already a member of Nutracheck, it is worth paying to join if you want a really comprehensive food diary/calorie counting mechanism. I thought the app is much easier to use than on the web, it's very intuitive and simple and to be able to have this when you're out and about is a bonus, TOP MARKS, I LOVE IT!!!
As a Nutracheck member, this App is great. Find it so easy to use, probably just as easy as using the computer version of the food diary. I also don't like to have the monthly renewal going out so it's good to have the option to top up membership one month at a time. Love it NC, does everything I expected and more!!!
Very very happy *****
Brilliant app which makes using NC on the move very easy. I love the barcode scanner which has found my food 90% of the time.
I always use the My Favourite's to add my food for the day in one go which makes it really quick to use. Well done NC
The perfect diet companion, Nutracheck's iPhone app has been designed to make keeping your food and exercise diary quicker, easier and more convenient. Whether you’re eating out, lunching on the go or just want to catch up with the latest forum gossip, you’ll never want to be without it.
FOOD & EXERCISE DIARY
- Barcode scanning – just point and scan to instantly track down the item you’re adding. If it’s not in our database, just add it once and it’ll be there for future use in your personal database.
- Text Search provides instant results as you type (requires data connection)
- Popular restaurant meals, Fast Food & Takeaways included for when you’re out and about
- Water monitor
- Over 1,000 calorie counted exercises in our database, including popular DVDs and WiiFit activities
- Add pedometor steps and we'll convert them to calories burnt
- Week view for monitoring your progress over time
MEALS/RECIPES CALORIE COUNTER
- Calorie count your home cooked meals, recipes and snacks quickly and easily
- Store them for future reference in the handy folders
- Provides full access to all our forums
- Hundreds of real life Q & As from our Nutrition and Fitness Experts
- Read and post on the go!
- Keeping your progress chart up to date is now even easier
- Options to track both weight and waist measurements
What's New in Version 3.4.1
New in v3.4.1 - minor bug fixes
Recently added features in v3.4.0:-
- Link and automatically sync activity from your Fitbit device
- Link and automatically sync your Nutracheck details with the Apple Health App (requires an iPhone running iOS8)
- Weight gain option (yes we do get these requests!)
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
Pretty good but not worth the subscription
If you scratch cook with fresh ingredients it can be annoying to filter through the ready made items that seem to flag up as a priority. If you shop at the Co-op you won't find any of their products listed at all. The search facility needs some work, it takes a bit of effort finding the correct word to get the list up that you want, again particularly with raw foods.
Be aware you are not purchasing an app here. If all you want is to quietly go about the business of counting your calories without all the sparkle and glitter of slimming club activity, look elsewhere. This app is essentially a vehicle to sign you up to an online club with regular subscription costs.
Your original download is a seven day trial during which you'll be encouraged to go to the website for a free glimpse.
OK App, but not right for me 😒
I got really excited when I discovered a calorie counting app with UK brands and measures! Within days I joined, before discovering some of the products were hard to find. Although it connected with my Fitbit tracker it was a slight disappointment because of having to manually enter some common foods.
I tried another app and this was more suitable for me. I cannot speak highly enough for Nutracheck customer service staff. Within a couple of hours my six months subscription and the ten week extension fee had been refunded.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that 'one app does not suit all' so make sure you test it for the full seven days before deciding to join.
A pleasure to use
A great app that really does keep you on track. Ok if you scratch cook then yes it can take a little more time, say a couple more minutes. Im certainly not going to complain about that. If you have any issues with the app the customer service is first class. This app has done me a lot of good and have seen some really good results. A really good tip would be to be as honest as you can and don't cheat to try and gain a few more calories.. You only cheat yourself. And £3.99 for 30 days is well worth it for the results... All in all.. Fantastic
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 11 January 2015
- Version: 3.4.1
- Size: 25.2 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Nutratech Ltd
- © 2014 NutraTech Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- 30 Day Nutracheck App Subscription£4.49
- 30 Day Nutracheck Subscription£6.99
- 30 days Nutracheck subscription£3.99
- 30 Day Nutracheck Subscription£9.99
- 12 months Nutracheck subscription£29.99
- 3 Month Nutracheck Subscription - Special Offer£19.49
- 2 Month Nutracheck Subscription£17.99
- Nutracheck subscription£17.99
- 3 Month Nutracheck Subscription£26.99
- Nutracheck subscription£32.99