Calorie Counter +
By NutraTech Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
UK Calorie Counter App - part of Nutracheck.co.uk online weight loss. Enjoy a 7 day free trial – after this daily usage limits apply. Upgrade to full App access from £3.99 / month. For the full Nutracheck.co.uk service, including extra online tools, memberships start from £8.99 / month.
***** Reviewed by the Daily Mail *****
"Of all the calorie counter Apps, this is one of the very best."
Nutracheck makes light work of calorie counting with...
- Picture search nutrition database for quick and accurate diary entries
- Barcode scanning for easy calorie counting - instantly search our database of over 160,000 UK foods and add them to your food diary*
- Access to the Nutracheck members’ Forums
- Weight tracker facility with graphs
- Try the 'Lite' version or subscribe 'in-App' for unlimited access. Further 'in-App' membership options also available for access to the full nutracheck.co.uk service.
- Tracks how many calories you have left for the day on the Nutracheck app homepage icon
*compatible with iOS6 and above, iPhone 3GS and above, iPad 2 and above, iPod Touch 4th generation and above.
***** Reviews *****
Easy Peasy *****
Great app and search functionality is excellent unlike other similar apps I've used. Also like the remaining calories highlighted on the app icon. So much easier to use now it's optimised for mobile! Gives freedom to input diary entries on the go as well as at home, so makes me stick to my guns even more!
SO EASY TO USE!! *****
This app is definitely going to appeal if you are already a member of Nutracheck, it is worth paying to join if you want a really comprehensive food diary/calorie counting mechanism. I thought the app is much easier to use than on the web, it's very intuitive and simple and to be able to have this when you're out and about is a bonus, TOP MARKS, I LOVE IT!!!
As a Nutracheck member, this App is great. Find it so easy to use, probably just as easy as using the computer version of the food diary. I also don't like to have the monthly renewal going out so it's good to have the option to top up membership one month at a time. Love it NC, does everything I expected and more!!!
Very very happy *****
Brilliant app which makes using NC on the move very easy. I love the barcode scanner which has found my food 90% of the time.
I always use the My Favourite's to add my food for the day in one go which makes it really quick to use. Well done NC
The perfect diet companion, Nutracheck's iPhone app has been designed to make keeping your food and exercise diary quicker, easier and more convenient. Whether you’re eating out, lunching on the go or just want to catch up with the latest forum gossip, you’ll never want to be without it.
FOOD & EXERCISE DIARY
- Barcode scanning – just point and scan to instantly track down the item you’re adding. If it’s not in our database, just add it once and it’ll be there for future use in your personal database.
- Text Search provides instant results as you type (requires data connection)
- Popular restaurant meals, Fast Food & Takeaways included for when you’re out and about
- Water monitor
- Over 1,000 calorie counted exercises in our database, including popular DVDs and WiiFit activities
- Add pedometor steps and we'll convert them to calories burnt
- Week view for monitoring your progress over time
MEALS/RECIPES CALORIE COUNTER
- Calorie count your home cooked meals, recipes and snacks quickly and easily
- Store them for future reference in the handy folders
- Provides full access to all our forums
- Hundreds of real life Q & As from our Nutrition and Fitness Experts
- Read and post on the go!
- Keeping your progress chart up to date is now even easier
- Options to track both weight and waist measurements
What's New in Version 3.4.2
- Password reset option added on sign in
- iPad Meals & Recipes section - slowness on adding an item to your meal fixed
- iPad scanner crash on adding a new item
- Ability to edit your profile in metric resolved
- Other minor bug fixes and performance improvements
Most accurate for UK but it doesn't work for people with low BMI
I'm an old hand at calorie counting and I like the fact that the barcode scanner on this is much more accurate than on Lifesum.
The only things letting it down are:
1) It doesn't allow you to even register if you don't fit within WHO ranges of 'healthy' starting weight and subsequent goals, so you have to lie. Then it dictates to you once you get inside the app so that really puts me off.
2) It would be great if 'walking pushing a buggy full of a toddler (whose weight I know) plus shopping, including bottle of lemonade and cans etc.' or something to that effect. This is the only exercise I do besides walking without a buggy and I do it A LOT! So it would be great to have it factored in. They've included pushing a wheelchair so why not this?
3) I still need to work out how you see totals per meal and not just for the entire day so maybe this needs to be clearer too.
4) Although it's accessible to some degree with VoiceOver, not all buttons are descriptive enough and where you have things like 'Food' total inside the same button as 'total' and 'left' which works if you can see it, when using Voiceover it reads these in a list so it's not clear which numbers are linked to them.
Otherwise a great app and hopefully I'll continue to figure out more features as I go.
Best calorie counting app out there
I have tried about 7 different apps now, and this is the only one I have kept. Why? Because it is simply the best. I am no novice at calorie counting, so I know what I needed. This little tool is amazing.
Best bits - you can search for any food, and it will find nearly everything. Aldi, tesco, Asda, all of them! If you are like me and you have an i-pad 2 the camera lets you down on the scanner, but don't let that put you off, because you will find it in the search facility.
The other excellent bit, is if you make your own meals regularly like curry or chilli, on the first time you make it, calculate everything add it to your recipes and you won't need to do it every time!
Bad bit? The only down side is that they need to let you have 2weeks free trial before asking you to pay, because 1 week is not enough to understand just how good this app is... I nearly deleted after week one, but so happy I decided to try it for a month to see how I felt.
Improvements? - more takeaway foods in the search menu could be good, we all eat them! 😉
TIP - be totally honest in your diary, it WILL motivate you, when you start losing weight.
Didn't know apps could fat shame...
This app gives you the option of setting a goal to lose, maintain, or gain weight, but it limits these options based on your BMI. For instance, if you are deemed 'obese' based on your BMI, you are barred from choosing the option yo main or gain weight.
Aside from the fact that BMI isn't a particularly reliable way of gauging health, this feature is mightily presumptuous. What if someone wants to build muscle? A BMI calculation would no doubt regard them as obese, and would bar them from setting a goal to gain mass.
I know 'fat-shaming' is thought of as a self-serving buzzword of online do-gooders, but unfortunately it describes a real problem. I can only assume this feature was included with good intentions but practical issues aside, (again, what about bodybuilders?) it really missed the mark and really is a terrible part of the app.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 12 April 2015
- Version: 3.4.2
- Size: 27.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Nutratech Ltd
- © 2015 NutraTech Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- 30 days Nutracheck subscription£3.99
- 30 Day Nutracheck App Subscription£4.49
- 30 Day Nutracheck Subscription£6.99
- 12 months Nutracheck subscription£29.99
- Nutracheck subscription£17.99
- 30 Day Nutracheck Subscription£9.99
- 3 Month Nutracheck Subscription - Special Offer£19.49
- 2 Month Nutracheck Subscription£17.99
- 3 Month Nutracheck Subscription£26.99
- 3 months Nutracheck subscription£24.99