NYTimes – Breaking Local, National & World News
By The New York Times Company
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Enjoy all of our award-winning journalism with the NYTimes app for iPhone and Apple Watch.
iPhone App Features:
• Breaking news alerts: Get notified of major developing stories, and tailor alerts to topics of interest
• Morning briefings: Start your day with a tip sheet compiled by Times journalists
• Save articles to read later on any of your devices
• Today widget: Top headlines are always just a swipe away
• Pick up where you left off on another device with Handoff
• International edition: Global news and coverage from dozens of bureaus around the world
• Exclusive videos and award-winning photography
• Customize your list of favorite sections and blogs
Apple Watch Features:
• Catch up quickly by reading today's headlines.
• Receive alerts when big news breaks.
• Use Handoff to continue reading on your iPhone, or touch Save for Later to build a personal reading list.
The NYTimes app is free to download, and all users can access up to 10 free articles per month, from any section. Subscribers get full access to over 25 sections, plus unlimited access to NYTimes.com, with a Times Digital Subscription.
Subscribe now and your first week is free.*
• Digital Access - unlimited digital access anytime, anywhere, on any device for $14.99 per month or $119.99 per year (save up to $5 per month). Cancel anytime.
• Times Insider - unlimited digital access anytime, anywhere, on any device plus one complimentary digital subscription to share for $24.99 per month. Cancel anytime.
• Times Insider members also receive access to the Times Insider blog, TimesTalks videos, TBooks, special Times crosswords and Times Archives from 1851.
Your subscription will automatically renew each month or year, and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
Questions Concerns? Please contact us at email@example.com or (800) 591-9233. We respond to every inquiry.
* Promotional offers for new subscribers only. Not valid for Digital Access $119.99 per year subscription option. Smartphone and tablet apps are not supported on all devices. NYTimes.com + Smartphone Apps, NYTimes.com + Tablet Apps and Digital Access subscriptions do not include e-reader editions, Times Insider content, or The New York Times Crossword. Prices shown are in U.S. dollars. Other restrictions apply.
What's New in Version 5.12
Introducing The Daily 360: Times journalists around the world bring you a new 360 video every day.
360 videos offer a new way to experience the journalism of The New York Times. These immersive videos put you at the center of the scene, allowing you to look left, right, up, down and behind you.
Want to work for our team? Check out the About page in Settings.
As always, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or feedback.
Regular resetting is a problem
I would like to ask if you can incorporate a user-friendly feature in an upcoming update. I get endlessly frustrated by the fact that the app seems unable to "save my place" when I'm in the middle of reading and, say, set my phone down for a couple of minutes or move to another app for some reason. The app will take me out of my article and then back to the home page regardless of whether I have it set to "refresh automatically." I then have to go and find the article again and find my place again, an unnecessarily laborious process when other news apps (e.g. Guardian) don't close the book and leave you to find your place again from scratch. The bookmark feature I find useful if I want to save an article or set of articles for later, but not when I'm just working through a section in the day's paper. Even if I bookmarked every article as I read it, I'd still have to navigate to the saved articles section from the top stories page every time I was unexpectedly interrupted.
I hope you can do something about this, as this is the only thing I can complain about with this app, but it's something that I find intensely aggravating.
Cheap annoying web ads
I would like to give a high score, since it's the NYT publishes excellent features and opinions. But, for the privilege of downloading the app, I get served cheap clickable web ads, of the kind that makes web browsing a pain and ublock a must.
This is a top notch news org. If you are to serve ads, at least provide them yourselves, and don't try to be buzzfeed for news. And don't make them clickable - if I'd ever want the product, I'd rather search for it.
Great news app . One of the best out there - clear concise and configurable
- Category: News
- Updated: 05 October 2016
- Version: 5.12
- Size: 64.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Developer: The New York Times Company (iDP)
- © 2016, The New York Times Company
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- NYTimes.com + Smartphone App£10.99
- All Digital Access£25.99
- Digital Access£10.99
- Times Insider£34.99
- Basic: Annual£94.99
- Digital Access - Annual Offer£89.99
- All Access£18.99
- Digital Access - Annual Offer£89.99
- Times Insider£18.99