Office Lens trims, enhances and makes pictures of whiteboards and documents readable. Office Lens can convert images to editable Word and PowerPoint files too.
Office Lens is like having a scanner in your pocket. Like magic, it will digitize notes on whiteboards or blackboards. Always find important documents or business cards. Sketch your ideas and snap a picture for later. Don't lose receipts or stray sticky notes again!
- Capture and crop a picture of a whiteboard or blackboard and share your meeting notes with co-workers.
- Make digital copies of your printed documents, business cards or posters and trim them precisely.
- Printed and handwritten text will be automatically recognized (using OCR), so you can search for words in images and then copy and edit them.
- With Whiteboard mode, Office Lens trims and cleans up glare and shadows.
- With Document mode, Office Lens trims and colors images perfectly.
- Pictures can be saved to OneNote, OneDrive or other cloud storage.
- Business Card mode can extract contact information and save it into your address book and OneNote. This feature works best with the following business cards: English, German, Spanish and Simplified Chinese. Support for more languages is coming soon.
- Choose to convert images to Word (.docx), PowerPoint (.pptx) or PDF (.pdf) files that are automatically saved to OneDrive.
Larger and improved previews of scans, allowing easier recall in My Files
Ratings and Reviews
Brainstorm meetings can often be mayhem, but the notes don’t have to be. Along with capturing regular ol’ documents, this scanning app erases glare from shots of your meeting’s whiteboard. It also transforms your scans into editable Word and PowerPoint files. We see this mighty scanner tidying up other parts of our lives too—as an archival tool for jumbled receipts, handwritten recipes and our kids’ doodles.
I love this thing it’s great and it’s free sure you can get apps like Iscanner but that does work half as well, it’s in black and white, doesn’t process images to just the right size and shape, the text is hardly discernible and it costs from 4.50 to a pound a month now I’m not saying iScanner is bad it’s not. but this, this is incredible, all of the things mentioned above it does. It’s awesome, well done Microsoft. Bill Gates and the Microsoft team good on you yet another amazing thing you’ve done for our incredible planet. I can’t wait to see what you do in the future :) ;)
If you are fed up with glove boxes full of receipts or can never find that proof of postage you are sure you had this is the tool for you.
A simple snap before uploading to your favourite place (PDF to cloud drive for me) and that receipt can hit the bin.
Gone are the days of having to walk to the printer / scanner. Waiting for it to warm up. Having to find a USB stick as the send to network feature on the scanner is not working again. It's all on your phone.
Simply transforming our business processes.
- Microsoft Corporation
- 54.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.