By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Office Lens trims, enhances and makes pictures of whiteboards and documents readable. Office Lens can convert images to editable Word and PowerPoint files too.
Office Lens is like having a scanner in your pocket. Like magic, it will digitize notes on whiteboards or blackboards. Always find important documents or business cards. Sketch your ideas and snap a picture for later. Don't lose receipts or stray sticky notes again!
- Capture and crop a picture of a whiteboard or blackboard and share your meeting notes with co-workers.
- Make digital copies of your printed documents, business cards or posters and trim them precisely.
- Printed and handwritten text will be automatically recognized (using OCR), so you can search for words in images and then copy and edit them.
- With Whiteboard mode, Office Lens trims and cleans up glare and shadows.
- With Document mode, Office Lens trims and colors images perfectly.
- Pictures can be saved to OneNote, OneDrive or other cloud storage.
- Business Card mode can extract contact information and save it into your address book and OneNote. This feature works best with the following business cards: English, German, Spanish and Simplified Chinese. Support for more languages is coming soon.
- Choose to convert images to Word (.docx), PowerPoint (.pptx) or PDF (.pdf) files that are automatically saved to OneDrive.
What's New in Version 1.5.2
- Authenticator app supported
We’ve addressed an issue some users had when using Authenticator to sign in with their work or school account.
- Bug fixes
I'm the chair of a charity which supports blind and partially sighted people and this app was brought to my attention yesterday. I know it wasn't created to help visually impaired people but it really does. The only app that I know of that comes close costs. Office lens is brilliant and I've just recorded a demo to help our members learn how to use it. Thank you very much Microsoft, this is much appreciated by the VI community.
I have tried many Free scanner apps - they either under perform or charge for excess scans
This is neither - it's easy to use - auto detects scan area well and I have never paid a penny for the service
Goodbye crappy unreliable printer scanner! Also the ability to scan stuff on the go and have it read to access on my Mac when I get home is brilliant.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 27 March 2017
- Version: 1.5.2
- Size: 36.0 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Developer: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.