The Official DVSA Theory Test Kit for Car Drivers
By TSO (The Stationery Office)
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The ONLY OFFICIAL Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) app for the Car Theory and Hazard Perception test. Written by DVSA – the people who set the tests.
Now updated for full compatibility with iOS 7.
6 REASONS TO DOWNLOAD IT
1. STUDY – information on all 14 topics to help you understand the theory fully
2. PRACTICE – answer questions on topics to see how much you’ve learnt, including practice case studies
3. MOCK TESTS – includes EVERY official DVSA car theory test revision question and answer – no other app has more official questions
4. HAZARD PERCEPTION – 10 official DVSA practice hazard perception interactive video clips and an introduction to the test
5. EXTRAS – loads of extra features to help you prepare for your test and beyond, including The Official Highway Code and a voiceover option
6. EASY TO USE – it makes revision on the go really simple with clear 3-step approach: study, practice and mock tests
The app is optimised for iPhone and iPod Touch. It also works on iPad.
Great value at only £4.99 for this official app - much less than the cost of retaking your test!
What's New in Version 1.1.2
- Improvement to the display of The Official Highway Code
My review and advice
This is a fantastic app. It is logically divided into 14 topics. Each topic corresponds to a set of practice questions which really helps with revision because if you are stuck for time, you can target topics which you may struggle with. I've identified some areas where this app doesn't cover what you need for the test: braking distances, speed limits for all vehicle types and road signs but most of this should be linked in the app. The app does have a lot of questions on road signs but it's best to seek out the official road sign books/web pages (as mentioned, linked in this) . For example, this app doesn't go into great detail on road markings and signals.
I comfortably passed using this app for 90% of my revision but it's no miracle worker, if you want to ensure you pass, put the time in.
The hazard perception exercises are really useful but once again I'd advise looking elsewhere for tips. This app tells you what the hazard perception test is but not necessarily good practice for clicking. Good luck everyone!
This app has the accurate questions you will receive on your official theory test. The hazard perception test gives you the opportunity to understand hazards all around you. The questions are really easy to revise giving you different topics to revise on including quick tests which are really easy for a quick refresh on the mind. The best way to study on my opinion would be to revise each topic until you get 100% on each. Then anytime you have time while that's on a work break or just before bed you can have a quick mock test which is exactly like the theory test giving you 50 questions.
Never reviewed apps before!
This helped me pass first time! Done barely any revision in the time leading up to my exam.. Except probably an hour practising the week before. Two nights before the exam I started doing loads of the practise hazard perception and mock tests.. By the day of the actual exam I had done about 20 mock tests and numerous times on the hazard perception. I was over the moon to have passed first time! The questions in the exam were identical to these on the app! Absolutely brilliant! I 1000% recommend this app for the use of people wanting to pass first time as it definitely could save you the extra £25 to book another! Get this app now!!!!!
- Category: Education
- Updated: 08 August 2014
- Version: 1.1.2
- Size: 113 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: The Stationery Office Limited
- © 2014 Crown copyright
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.