Official F1® App
By Formula One Digital Media Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Live the excitement of the 2015 Formula 1® season with the Official F1® App: the best way to follow your favourite teams and drivers with news, video and live race features.
► Follow F1® absolutely for free on your iPhone and iPad with:
* Live Race Leaderboards (limited)
* Exclusive news and videos
* Post-race highlights
* 2015 Schedule, Team and Driver Standings
► With F1® Access Annual Pass or Subscription, the Official F1® App offers the premium digital race experience, with features including:
* Official Live Timing of all F1® sessions
* Sector times with intervals and gaps, live tyre information and pit stops
* Interactive 3D map with driver gears and speeds and Drag Reduction System (DRS) usage indicator
* In-Corner Analysis comparing drivers’ entry, apex and exit speeds
* Access to exclusive video features
* Immersive dashboard with text commentary (English, French and German), and English audio commentary during all F1® sessions
* Team Radio Transmissions and Race Control Messages
* Personalisation Options and more!
Get F1® Access to Premium content through the App with either a one-off 2015 Annual Pass purchase, or a monthly subscription. If you choose to subscribe, you will be charged a price according to your country. The price will be shown in the app before you complete the payment. The subscription renews every month unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before end of the current subscription period. Your iTunes account will automatically be charged within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period and you will be charged for one month at a time. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
What's New in Version 7.032
> Improved reliability for news and media streams
> Fixes to results viewing flow
> Bug fixes
This app is beset with bugs, which is totally unacceptable concidering the price you pay.
When playing back a session you are supposed to be able to pause playback, to get a cup of tea, and resume when you get back. Pause works fine but the app fails to resume playback when you press play.
Some sessions don't play back at all: Australia Practice 2 for example
Recorded session fails to resume playback if the slider is moved on the timebar. For example:
1. Playback TV broadcast of Practice session, and start app playback when the session light goes green on the TV.
2. Fast forward TV playback through adverts.
3. Move app playback slider to match timer on TV playback, but now the App fails to play it stays stuck where you left it.
If a current session is in progress when you launch the app you will be asked if you want to join. If you respond "no" you then will be prompted every few minutes whilst you are navigating the app to do what ever you are doing. This gets very annoying.
This app is OK if you watch live F1 only, but if like me you watch once the little ones have gone to bed, it's quite frankly a waist of money. I've spent £20 on this app and as we're on the second race I have already wasted £4. Very poor!
Backgrounds are too flashy, keep it simple
The moving backgrounds are a bit overkill. It creates a motion sickness feeling when scrolling.
There are a few icon glitches in the news section. The Twitter icon represents 'all news' for some reason.
On the live tracking page the team radio icon seems out of line and the little curvy icons on each end seem broken or aren't clear what they represent. Is that meant to be part of a track?
The safety car icon that says 's car' has a little glyph over the top too.
Edit: it seems that clearing local cache in settings fixed the glitchy icons. Or possible that just reopening the app sorted it. I upgraded from 2014 app so it's possible that it was holding onto a few resources. Looking good now.
Edit2: cannot use time delay in a live race or session. My tv is 20 seconds behind app so tried using pause on app. Doing so removed the commentary and moving cars. Pointless.
Too expensive and more bugs than last year
The price for this is ridiculous.
Tyres don't update on the live timing screen
if you delay the live timing to sync with the TV pictures, the timing ceases to update. Used to work.
The app is slow because of the unusable extra features they keep cramming in.
The developers need to concentrate on getting the core live timing functionality working.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: 24 March 2015
- Version: 7.032
- Size: 80.2 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Formula One Digital Media Limited
- © 2015 Formula One World Championship Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- F1® Annual Pass£19.99
- F1® App Subscription£2.29