Official Life in the UK Test – 3rd Edition
By TSO (The Stationery Office)
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The ONLY official Life in the UK Test app – a simple and convenient way to practice for your Life in the UK British Citizenship test on the go.
Prepare to pass your Life in the UK test first time with all these great features:
• Hundreds of official practice questions taken from the "Life in the United Kingdom: A Guide for New Residents, 3rd Edition" handbook, written by the Home Office Life in the UK Advisory Group
• Random mock tests which select 24 questions to be answered in 45 minutes – just like the real test
• A Quick Practice mode which focuses on questions from each category
• The Test Summary analyses your test results so you can review your answers and identify areas for improvement
• References to the "Life in the United Kingdom: A Guide for New Residents, 3rd Edition" handbook to help you revise and improve your performance. To prepare fully for your Life in the UK test you must use this app along with the Life in the United Kingdom: A Guide for New Residents, 3rd Edition handbook
An essential practice tool for anyone:
• Taking the Life in the UK British Citizenship Test
• Wanting to apply for British citizenship or settlement.
• Teaching English or basic skills to refugees, immigrants or prospective applicants for British citizenship or settlement
This app has been created by TSO (www.tso.co.uk) – the publisher of the official Life in the UK Test learning aids, written by the Home Office Life in the UK Advisory Group, the people who set the citizenship test.
To prepare fully for your Life in the UK test you must use this app along with the Life in the United Kingdom: A Guide for New Residents, 3rd Edition handbook.
What's New in Version 1.2.1
- bug fixes
You need more than this app to pass the test
Don't be fooled by other readers. This app will get you a 50/50 chance to pass the test. But you most certainly need to read most of the book (mostly the chapters on history and politics). Thankfully I came here and read the reviews the morning before my test. Bought the eKindle book, and managed to read half of of the book just before taking the test. And guess what? At least 6 questions were from book knowledge, most common sense, and the rest from the app. The app helps tremendously to increase your knowledge tenfold. But it won't let you pass the test with it alone. It's not like the driving test apps. You've been warned. Hence my 3 star review. As an app, and starting place to practice, though, it is ace.
They don't let me to tap one star
I spent two weeks on this app and end up doing 66mock exams. I managed to get 100% many times. I read all the reviews a night before to my exams and by the time i knew that i will not pass with this app, while i supposed to rest for the exam i had to stay awake the whole day and revise from a online website. I managed to cover all online exams within 8 to 9 hours.I did my exam and not a single question came from this app. I was lucky that i spotted that out and passed my exam thanks to the online website. Truly waste of time and money. Don't buy this . I was lucky
This app can prepare you for the test. I passed with the first time, and I studied for a week. Highly recommended. About 85% of the questions between the test and the app were the same.
I've read the book as well, 3 times but I didn't need to do that at the end.
You should expect in the test 3-4 questions different than the app, but if you read the history part of the book you can answer all of them.
If you just want to pass then this app is enough, if you want to get 100% then read the book too. Although, they don't tell your final score.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: 20 March 2014
- Version: 1.2.1
- Size: 3.1 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: The Stationery Office Limited
- © Crown copyright 2012
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.