The official app of HSBC World Rugby Sevens Series 2019. Keep up-to-date with all of the season's action.
- Follow the action as-it-happens with our live blog and live score updates
- Live video streaming available in certain territories
- Up-to-the minute news coverage
- Season and round standings
- Men's and women's season calendar
- Video archive of action from your favourite tournament, team, player and action
- Video highlights from every match of every round
- Personalise your experience to receive match notifications for your favourite team
- All-time and current season stats
- Going to the rugby? Take and share a selfie
- Ticket information
- Addition of all-time Sevens Series stats
- General enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
First the good: there is a lot of good content, and the fact that most matches are available in full is excellent
However the app is a bit of a design mess. I have a lot of little gripes and niggles which I don’t have the time to go into. My 2 main complaints are: using a poorly implemented web view (which doesn’t even have inertial scrolling) for the main ‘live updates’ section, and using a non-stock video player, which doesn’t have any controls apart from tap to play/pause. Seriously? Who has video without controls any more, especially when some videos are 20 minutes long and you’ve only got the time to watch the first half? I’ve found that it’s possible to advance/rewind by watching it with an Apple TV, but that’s not an acceptable solution for most people.
Finally, videos can often take a long time to be uploaded, but I accept this may be beyond the developer’s control.
This app looks good, is really difficult to navigate, and doesn't contain basic information. During tournaments I would like to know what matches have taken place, and the scores, and matches scheduled with their start time. None of this appears to be available. The navigation is poor, with options presented in different ways on different parts of pages, and often no back option present. Overall needs a complete rethink.
Ok if you don’t need up-to-date info
Good to keep track in a general way but notifications are hit and miss as to whether they get sent and the app doesn’t update very regularly so impossible to know real-time scores.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.