**One of Apple's 'Best New Apps'. Featured by the BBC, Guardian, Wired, Time Out, Gizmodo, and The Sunday Times**
►WELCOME TO OLIO◄
Connect with your neighbours and local shops so that surplus food, and other household items can be shared, not thrown away. Everything on OLIO is available for free or for donation.
►HOW IT WORKS◄
○ Adding things to OLIO is easy. Simply snap a photo of your item, add a brief description and provide pick-up details. A lovely neighbour will be delighted to take it off your hands.
○ Just browse what is available near you, request anything that takes your fancy and message to arrange a pick-up. It’s as easy as that.
►EXAMPLE OF THINGS SHARED◄
Food items shared on OLIO include fresh homegrown veg from gardens, bread from local bakeries, and unwanted food when starting a diet, moving house or going on holiday. Other household items shared on OLIO include toiletries, cleaning products, clothes, furniture, toys and kitchen gadgets.
►WHAT THE PRESS IS SAYING◄
"The process is simple and just like Freecycle but for food." - Lifehacker
"This app will stop you chucking good food out and give it to your neighbours instead" - Metro
"OLIO aims to match up unwanted food with eager consumers. Think Tinder for your tins, or a fostering service for your fridge and fruit bowl' - Telegraph
►OTHER FEATURES INCLUDE◄
○ DISTANCE – see how near each item is to you
○ NOTIFICATIONS – get notifications when you receive a message from another user or when new items near you is added to the app
○ MY OLIO – see any items you have added or requested, and access the messages for these items
○ SHARE – OLIO will work better the more people who use it. So please share on Facebook and Twitter, or use our refer a friend feature
OLIO be used anywhere in the world, so please install today!
OLIO is supported by the iPhone, iPad, iPad Mini and is optimised for the iPhone 5 and higher. We do not recommend using OLIO on the iPod Touch. Download OLIO now and join The Sharing Revolution!
Ratings and Reviews
As kids we were taught to eat our veggies so they didn’t go to waste, yet as adults we’re often desensitized to the amount of unspoiled sustenance discarded worldwide every day. Olio helps find a home for unwanted edibles, using local postings that are a snap to create or browse. Whether a nearby farm is getting rid of excess rhubarb (it makes great pies, honest) or we’re going on holiday and want the chorizo meatballs in our fridge to end up on a neighbor’s plate instead of in the trash, Olio is a feel-good way to reduce food waste.
Love the app
I wish the app was there when I went through my own rough time. I love that I can help, waste less food and here and then pick up things people don’t want/like too, helping to minimise waste further. Great excuse to do a little more walking too!
App itself is simple and easy to use (once you figure out how the top three buttons work lol). I really recommend it to any socially and planet conscious people!
And yes, it is for anyone :)
Genius idea and app works perfectly
Such a good idea being able to share leftover food with locals neighbours. I hate waste so have used this app most days to share unwanted food and evening has been snapped up incredibly quickly. I’ve even got myself a few gems :) Also used it for making space in my toiletries cabinet by passing on half used bottles that would otherwise find themselves in landfill. :)
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.