Design, create, sketch, and diagram. An incredibly powerful app for both beginners and professionals. Start the 2-week trial now.
Create quick, beautiful, and portable charts, graphics, designs, mockups, and more. Use your iPad and iPhone screen as your paper, canvas, and whiteboard—all in one. It comes with thousands of searchable objects via Stenciltown, like server racks, space planning stencils, iconography, and more.
OmniGraffle provides a thoughtful, professional interface for creating everything from basic wireframes to polished interface sketches, tools to construct SVG graphics for your next website, or designing the layout for your next hundred-server project. Sync all of your documents as you make changes using OmniPresence, our open source sync technology. Need extra security? Use your own server.
A thoughtful sketch or professional diagram communicates far better than words. When you need a clear understanding of how information needs to be presented or how processes are carried out, OmniGraffle 3 for iOS is the tool to help you organize your thoughts visually, document them beautifully, and communicate them to the world. OmniGraffle 3 has features and functionality you won’t find anywhere else, and it behaves exactly how you’d expect an iPad and iPhone app should with multitouch gestures, Share Sheet integration, and more.
NEW IN 3:
- Redesigned interface to make common tasks readily available.
- Canvas Size Modes: choose between Fixed, Flexible, or Infinite.
- SVG Import
- Unified Sidebar List of Canvases, Layers, and Objects
- Group Visibility
- Artboards and Artboard Layers (PRO)
- App Lock
- Hot Keys for Tools
- Convert Text to Shape (PRO)
- Zoom to Object, Scroll to Selection
PRO features (in-app purchase):
- Visio Import and Export
- Blending Modes & Fill Effects
- Artboards and Artboard Layers
- Shared Layers
- Shape Combinations
- Shape Tables
- Automation Plug-Ins and Actions
STANDARD features (in-app purchase) include:
- Automatic Layout
- Unit Scaling
- Shape Recognition
- Bézier Lines & Shapes
- Point Editing
- Full Screen Split View
- Smart Guides
- Free Stencils via Stenciltown.com — search and download on the web or in the app
- OmniOutliner Import & Export
- Freehand Sketch
- Automatic Diagram Layout
- Create Multi-Page (canvas) documents
- Share pages quickly with PNG, PDF Export
- Wrap text within custom shapes
- Quickly change a shape’s style with the Style Inspector
- Save Documents to Photos
• Localizations — Localized the various UI changes that were made in version 3.10.
• Labels on Small Objects — Fixed a bug that caused label text to not appear on objects with text margins larger then the object itself.
• Label Width — Fixed a bug that caused the width of labels with certain settings to not adjust while typing.
• Fill Shape with Text — Added a new Fill Shape with Text option to the Text Position inspector that fills the inner bounds of a shape with the label text. This makes it much easier to keep text within a diamond shape in a flowchart or as a creative background on a Bézier shape.
• Text Flow — Added a new Text Flow option to the Text Position inspector that wraps the object’s label around the perimeter of the object.
• Text Rotation Controls — Added relative and absolute text rotation controls to the Text Postion inspector.
• Object Alignment — Object alignment is now performed based on object positions on the canvas, not z-order. Align to top means OmniGraffle aligns the selected objects with the top of the top-most object. Align to bottom means OmniGraffle aligns the selected objects with the bottom of the bottom-most object.
• Canvas Preview — Fixed a bug where the preview thumbnail for a canvas sometimes wouldn’t update when objects were added to the canvas via drag and drop or copy and paste.
• Text Copy and Paste — Fixed a bug that caused font family data to be lost when copy and pasting text between objects.
• Selection — Fixed the multi-touch gesture for adding items to an existing selection (touch and hold on the first object, and then single tap the other objects you would like to select).
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support; you can email email@example.com, call 1–800–315–6664 or 1–206–523–4152, or tweet @omnigraffle.
If OmniGraffle empowers you, we would appreciate an App Store review. Your review will help other people find OmniGraffle and make them more productive too.
Ratings and Reviews
This app is not free even if you have paid for the Mac Version. The standard version in both platforms is very limited and overpriced. I cannot comment on the pro version as I cannot justify paying twice as much for the upgrade. I am a MSc student and even with the student discount it is overpriced. I bought the Mac version and downloaded the iOS version around a year ago. I can no longer use the iOS version and I can’t restore a purchase. The Mac version has been used very little ever since. Buggy, technical problems, very hard to achieve the basics. The iOS version (when I could use it) was quite the opposite, very good, easy to use but again extortionate. This company have a growing bad reputation for their lack of customer focus and a self serving business model. I am grateful they gave me the student discount however it has been a waist of money costing £50. It is shame to see such potential in a product and for it to be let down by what appears to be other factors. A real shame.
Good to create diagrams with detail, shame the unstable app that keeps crashing
OmniGraffle has been one of the best software for drawing diagrams on the Mac, I wanted to try the mobile version on the iPad pro, I must admit even the mobile version is a powerful tool, and you can pretty much do everything that the desktop version offers, Shame it keeps crashing it has a few technical bugs that makes the app to close and re-open, well polished software with powerful tools but the crashing is quite annoying, on the positive, when it crash and restarts it doesn't lose much progress, which is a relief, I have submitted the logs for every crash which has been over 10 during the trial period, I am keen to use it beyond the trial but with the crashing issue it doesn’t makes sense spending £99, it could do better if the developers can also integrate the apple pencil.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for sending those crash reports, we look at them daily (including details about what you were doing at the time of the crash is especially helpful). Our support team may also be able to provide more details about the problem, we’re available via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we welcome your Apple Pencil requests too. We have shape recognition support which is useful when using an Apple Pencil, you can can learn more by searching for Apple Pencil on our support site: support.omnigroup.com
As a big fan of the Mac app, the iOS app is disappointing. Basic problems like pasting shapes is slow and often you have to zoom in and out to make the shape appear, when moving an object no outline appears so it’s frankly an awful experience, and poor iCloud support means it’s difficult to work on files between devices (they have to be exported - no I don’t want to set up my WebDAV or Omnipresence account).
I’ll be happy to pay to upgrade, but I can’t justify it until the app is usable. I’m hoping the omniGroup people are reading this - I have high hopes.
- The Omni Group
- 386.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010-2019 The Omni Group
- In-App Purchases
- Free Trial Free
- Upgrade to v3 Pro £54.99
- Unlock Standard £54.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.