It’s time to get off the couch and start running with the One You Couch to 5K app. Presented in association with BBC Get Inspired, the app builds you up gradually with a mix of running and walking from couch potato, to 5k hero in just 9 weeks. So grab your trainers, download the app and follow the simple step-by-step instructions. It’s as easy as that!
There’s a choice of 5 trainers to support and motivate you at every step of the way, telling you when to run and when to walk, from Olympian Michael Johnson, comedians Sarah Millican and Sanjeev Kohli, BBC presenter Jo Whiley, and our very own Laura, who has helped hundreds of thousands of people start their our running journeys through the NHS Choices Podcast programme.
One You Couch to 5K features:
• Tried and tested programme known the world over
• Displays a countdown timer so you can see how long you’ve got left of each run
• Works alongside your preferred music player, automatically 'dipping' volumes when your trainer speaks
• Signals a half-time bell, so you know when to head home!
• Lets you track your progress and awards progress as you move through the programme
• Lets you rate how you feel before and after each session
• Gives tips and advice for new runners, as well real life success stories
• Connects you with likeminded people through the Couch to 5k HealthUnlocked community forums
One You is here to help you live more healthily and make the changes that matter. Millions of people have already got running with the Couch to 5k plan. Now it’s your turn! Download this app, get off the couch and get going today!
- minor fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Running hater here but this really worked for me. Jo Whiley is an amazing coach.
You should give it a go...
Awesome, myself and my 9 year old son completed 9 weeks program successfully. Loved it all the way through.
Really helpful tool
I have always been active but have never run, weighing nearly 19 stone means it has always been daunting! I used this on a treadmill and found the structure and pace of progression spot on, altering my speed to find an optimum pace - one that meant I was pushing myself towards the end of a session but not exhausted! Needed the program comfortably running 5k in 33 minutes @ about 9k
The community is also brilliant- really responsive to questions.
I suppose one improvement would be a garmin type sync so you could get motivation from doing the program at the same time as others.
- Public Health England
- 135.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Public Health England, 2018
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.