Check out your favorite audiobooks, eBooks, videos, magazines, comics, educational offerings, and much more. With RBdigital for libraries, you can access 10+ content services—all from a single app.
Brought to you by Recorded Books, the RBdigital app replaces Zinio for Libraries for access to digital magazines from your local library.
Only RBdigital delivers all of your favorite types of content, all in one app:
• Audiobooks: Over 30,000 titles published by Recorded Books, as well as tens of thousands premium audiobooks from other major publishers
• eBooks: Bestselling and award-winning eBooks by top authors
• Magazines: The largest collection of digital magazines for libraries, replacing Zinio for Libraries
• Comics: Hundreds of top comics from major brands
• Streaming Video: Unlimited streaming video services, including award-winning comedies, documentaries, drama, animation, shorts, classic TV, British TV and film, Broadway shows and musicals, Spanish telenovelas and movies, and more
• Education: A comprehensive collection of online continuing education courses, world language learning, art and music instruction, software training, and more
• Games and Music: Full-length concerts and music documentaries, with video games coming soon
Whether you’re on the go or at home, RBdigital delivers your favorite titles right to your smartphone or tablet. It’s never been easier to access the best digital media from your library’s collection.
Download now and listen, watch, read, learn, enjoy!
- Replaces Zinio for Libraries app
- Now supports 10+ content types including unlimited streaming video, audiobooks, ebooks, magazines, educational courses and more. Please note: content availability differs by library depending on their selections
- Improved download speed for magazines and comics
Ratings and Reviews
Waste of time!
This app should be fantastic. The idea of being able to access and download free content via your library account is a great one, except that it doesn’t work. For the last couple of weeks I have been suffering issues with either my checked out and downloaded magazines not appearing in my account, or having to re-download the magazines every time I open the app, or the app not allowing me to download things at all, or just endlessly buffering during a download. All of these things are infuriating, but in the last three days it has surpassed itself by crashing three seconds after I open the app on every occasion that I have tried to read a magazine. I have kept the app up to date and am using a fully up to date iPad Pro and iPhone 8, so old equipment or out of date updates can’t be blamed. What is the point of the app with this level of reliability or performance?
Can I ask anyone from the app developers who reads this review to respond with either advice on how to resolve my issues or to get a new update which does it for me out ASAP please?
Problems with version 4.3.1
This app worked perfectly until the recent update but I am now having problems. When I try to return a magazine not only does it not work but it downloads the previous magazine that I checked out and I end up with multiple editions of the same magazines in my checked out list. The only way I can get rid of them is to log out and log back in. I am also getting more instances of not being able to read magazines due to “error downloading”, I have tried deleting the app and downloading it again but this does not work. Hope this is sorted soon as I really loved this app and previously would have given it 5 stars.
I am told that I have to use this app instead of Zinio to read emagazines from the library. This app is so slow compared to Zinio it is painful. I spend most of my time watching it buffer. I especially don’t understand why I have to click ‘return’ when I wish to remove the emagazine from my iPad then wait an inordinately long time for the app to do whatever it does. I have just tried to ‘return’ an emag four times, having waited and waited while it was doing whatever it was doing, it just kept on giving me an error message.
Very frustrating and not an inducement to keep using it. I’m going back to Zinio until they throw me off.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.