By ONKYO CORPORATION
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Onkyo Remote Control App is an official Onkyo application for iPhone/iPod touch that lets you intuitively operate Onkyo network A/V receivers. Available as a free download, it is compatible with all network-capable Onkyo A/V receivers released in 2009 or later.
Functions Enabled by Onkyo Remote Control App:
(1) Internet radio operation. Stations can be selected by hand, without the need to view a TV display;
(2) Control of streaming audio files from a DLNA-compatible server. An iPhone/iPod touch can be used to select music directly from the server;
(3) General remote-control button operations;
(4) Unique volume-control operation, with accelerometer;
(5) Information such as radio-station frequency displayed when listening to radio. (Note: available only on A/V receivers with a built-in radio tuner);
(6) Links to the latest surround technology information and new product promotion videos.
(1) After the start-up screen has finished loading, press “Input Address”;
(2) Following the menu prompts, input your country, product category, and product number;
(3) Input IP address. (To get IP address, start the A/V receiver, press the “Setup” button on the A/V receiver’s remote controller, and select “Hardware Setup”, then “Network”. The IP address is then shown on the on-screen display.);
(4) Select “OK”, and then “Connect” on the confirmation screen.
Compatible iPhone/iPod touch Models: iPhone 3GS or later, running iOS 4.2 or later; iPod touch 3rd generation or later.
Compatible A/V Receivers/Controllers:
2009 models: TX-NR807, TX-NR1007, TX-NR3007, TX-NR5007, HT-RC180, PR-SC5507.
2010 models: TX-NR708, TX-NR808, TX-NR1008, TX-NR3008, TX-NR5008, HT-RC270, PR-SC5508.
2011 models: TX-NR509, TX-NR579, TX-NR609, HT-RC360.
Enjoy the new world of audio convenience with this free app.
What's New in Version 1.1
Add Compatible A/V Receivers :
2011 models : TX-NR509, TX-NR579, TX-NR609, HT-RC360.
Functions well, needs updating
Not half as bad as some of these reviews would have you believe, this app works well, including with the tx nr 609 - those who claim it doesn't haven't got their network set up properly.
It does however seriously need an update to add functionality and make it a little less clunky. Best feature? Tilt to adjust volume - pity it took me a while to discover it!
I'm using this with my tx-nr509 and I'm very happy with it although it only provides basic functions compared with the other app you pay for. It makes life easier when searching net radio stations as you don't have to use small amp display or tv all info on iPod. Hopefully soon a new release will make app better!
It is bad enough that the app has almost no features but the app loses connection after every other button press and needs to be rebooted.
For a company that sells such high end equipment, this is a miserable effort that would only score high marks as part of a college project.
Recommend ORemote, works perfectly and has almost all features of the amp right out the box!
Come on Onkyo, did you really sign this off as a finished app? Your developers must be laughing at you!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 09 March 2011
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 3.4 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese
- Developer: ONKYO CORPORATION
- © Onkyo Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.