By IZE, Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Browse the maps of OpenStreetMap, download them for offline use¤, edit the maps (tag editing and node creation), find out where you are, search for addresses, get directions and scan the map for tweets with OpenMaps for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Pinpoint your location on the map with a tap of a button.
- Use the digital compass to rotate the onscreen map to match the direction you're facing*.
- Turn off location services to reserve battery if you don't need them.
- Find out more info about places by simply tapping on their icons on the map.
- Search online for a location.
- Advanced users can add custom map types that they can browse.
- Download maps for offline use¤. Note: Usage of the Download tool is strongly discouraged. You may get throttled and even banned from the map tile servers if you download abusively.
- Find out what people tweet around you or anywhere in the world by scanning the map for geotweets.
- Log in to Twitter to read your timelines and view your friends' tweets and mentions of you on the map.
- Send out checkin or comment tweets about OSM places and follow the recent Twitter conversation about them within the app.
- Do some basic edits to the map like editing tags, or even adding new places.
- Calculate the car, bike or pedestrian route with directions¤ between any two locations with the help of online route providers CloudMade and YOURS**.
- Set transit points for the routes and bookmark the routes.
Follow @OpenMapsApp on Twitter for updates.
* Your device must have a digital compass built in in order for this feature to be available.
** YOURS online route provider has some limitations, such as no turn-by-turn directions, no support for transit point routing and long (> 200 km) routes.
¤ Feature available via in app purchase.
What's New in Version 4.6.4
- Updated for iOS 6 and iPhone 5.
- Better search results.
The two key useful options are disabled until paid for: routing and offline map. If you just want an app to show OSM then it works fine.
This is illegal!
First they sell you the download feature as add on purchase, then they tell you that downloading is strongly discouraged and that you will get throttled or even banned if you download too much. WHAT THE HELL!!!
Will try to con you into buying maps that are freely available. Avoid.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 30 October 2012
- Version: 4.6.4
- Size: 5.5 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: IZE, Ltd.
- © 2009-2012 IZE, Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Download Tool"£1.49
- "Small Donation"£7.99
- "Even Smaller Donation"£0.79