Opera Mini web browser
By Opera Software ASA
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Opera Mini, one of the fastest web browsers made for your iPhone and iPad, now has a built-in ad blocker. It also saves data, syncs your bookmarks and Speed Dials across devices, and gives you fast, easy access to your favorites.
Your Apple device is awesome. It keeps you connected to the people and content you love, wherever you go. But, you know what’s not awesome? Big, fat data bills. Also, ads. Bills and ads. Boo. What can you do? Install Opera Mini.
Opera Mini blocks ads and crunches down the size of the websites you visit. It compresses images, video and text, making sites lighter and faster. More cat videos and life hacks for you, less data on your monthly bill.
* Faster browsing - Choose from search results that appear as you type; quickly access previously visited pages.
* Block ads - Save your screen space for the content you want to see and speed up browsing.
* Data savings - Reduce mobile data usage by up to 90%.
* Unlimited tabs - Open and view as many tabs as you’d like.
* Privacy - Use private tabs to browse incognito without leaving a trace on your device.
* Smart night mode - Bye-bye, sore eyes. Night mode lets you read more comfortably in the dark.
* Video boost - Turn it on to save tons of data on video. Pro tip: Video boost also reduces buffering.
* Home screen search - Use your device's Spotlight Search to access your Speed Dial entries. Just drag down on your home screen and start typing.
More than 250 million people depend on Opera Mini to help them browse more content, faster, even on congested and sluggish networks.
Install it. Try it. Love it.
What's New in Version 14.0.0
- Added ad blocker
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
Oh dear, frustrating browser
I started using Opera coach but didn't like it so downloaded mini. When it works well I love it but it doesn't work well often enough. Several times it has quit just as I've finished a long forum post and it wipes it. Then whilst typing I lose the cursor or it stays in one place while I've typed on and sometimes I can't reach something on the bottom of the page because it won't scroll down. Safari was irritating but Opera mini is just frustrating. I'm going to try a delete and reinstall but if it doesn't improve then it's going permanently. Shame because the full versions on my Mac and laptop are fine.
I love the App.
The app may not be one of the fastest browsers around, however as an owner of an iPhone 4, which I have as a low use Emergency Phone, and which is ONLY capable of accepting iOS 7.1.2 Update partially, I am thankful of and grateful for the very few iOS Developers that are for the time being supporting iPhones that are not capable of accepting the latest iOS Updates. And the app does NOT crash on my iPhone 4. Thank you for reading.. And thanks, Developer!
Love this and love the desktop browser even more
This is one of those apps that only a few have discovered. The desktop version and the fancier Neon browser they also do are the future. I wish I worked for Opera marketing department because they are missing out on informing people that this is basically Chrome but better. Even Chrome extensions can be used on Opera. Get your marketing act together Opera and take over the world!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 16 June 2016
- Version: 14.0.0
- Size: 47.4 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Opera Software ASA
- © Opera Software ASA
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.