Opera Mini Web browser
By Opera Software ASA
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Want faster Internet browsing? Paying too much for mobile data? Get the world's most popular mobile browser for your iOS device, and start tracking your savings today.
Keep Opera Mini handy on your iOS device, especially for those times you are on a slow network, away from Wi-Fi or when data roaming. Opera's cloud-assisted technology compresses data by up to 90% before downloading, so page loads are lightning fast.
Opera Mini's great features include:
► Speed: Browse up to 6 times faster, especially on slower or crowded networks.
► Data savings: Compress up to 90% of data traffic.
► Speed Dial: Get to your favourite websites with a single tap.
► Visual tabs: See all your open webpages and quickly switch between them.
► Opera Link: Sync your bookmarks and Speed Dial with a desktop PC or other mobile phone.
Don't let expensive data plans or roaming costs get between you and the Web. Try Opera Mini today to start saving time and money on your favourite websites. Download it for free.
What's New in Version 7.0.5
- Integration with iOS Facebook framework (iOS 6)
- Improved performance when saving large images
- Fixed freeze after sharing via email
- Fixed video playback on youtube.com (iPhone and iPod)
- Performance and stability fixes
- Added support for iOS 4.2
- Various iOS 6 related fixes
Prefer Safari overall
My main reason for trying Opera is because it doesn't automatically reload web pages that have been open a while. Safari does this, inevitably when I'm on a slow or non-existent connection. Despite this advantage, there are several smaller downsides of Opera that outweighed it.
• Google results are displayed differently and many search options aren't available. Nearly every time I tap on a Google search result, Opera zooms in and makes the background brown.
• I don't use Safari's “Reader” function a huge amount but I'm missing it in Opera. Opera's “single column" mode is quite good but is a global setting that requires a page reload and doesn't work very well for some sites, including Google results.
• Form elements (buttons etc.) look like they are from Windows 98 and often there's no “Go” button to submit the form, just a “Done” (in English despite language settings) to hide the keyboard.
•You can't copy a link by holding down on it.
• PDFs open in Safari.
Ideal for iPad 1
Since the upgrade to iOS 5.x the Safari browser has been virtually unusable on my iPad 1, due to frequent crashes caused by low memory.
I've tried many of the popular 3rd party browsers - Chrome, Atomic, Dolphin, etc - and they all suffered from the same low memory induced problems of lag and crashes.
Opera Mini has been a revelation - fast and crash free!
The layout is different and takes a little adjustment, but it's worth the short learning curve for the much improved user experience when browsing.
Now, if Apple could just get iTunes and the App Store to work as smoothly........
Big fan of Opera Mini on iOS, but it does work!
I've used Opera mini on various iPhones over the years and have always been amazed by the speed and page size results. I download it on the new iPad mini but the app won't even open after several minutes, even after reinstall. Hopefully Opera will fix this soon.
Update - I've downloaded and tried again and looks like opera have fixed whatever issues they had and its working as well as always :-)
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 24 October 2012
- Version: 7.0.5
- Size: 5.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Opera Software ASA
- © Opera Software ASA
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.