Opera Mini web browser
By Opera Software ASA
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Opera Mini, one of the fastest web browsers made for your iPhone and iPad, now has a built-in ad blocker. It also saves data, syncs your bookmarks and Speed Dials across devices, and gives you fast, easy access to your favorites.
Your Apple device is awesome. It keeps you connected to the people and content you love, wherever you go. But, you know what’s not awesome? Big, fat data bills. Also, ads. Bills and ads. Boo. What can you do? Install Opera Mini.
Opera Mini blocks ads and crunches down the size of the websites you visit. It compresses images, video and text, making sites lighter and faster. More cat videos and life hacks for you, less data on your monthly bill.
* Faster browsing - Choose from search results that appear as you type; quickly access previously visited pages.
* Block ads - Save your screen space for the content you want to see and speed up browsing.
* Data savings - Reduce mobile data usage by up to 90%.
* Unlimited tabs - Open and view as many tabs as you’d like.
* Privacy - Use private tabs to browse incognito without leaving a trace on your device.
* Smart night mode - Bye-bye, sore eyes. Night mode lets you read more comfortably in the dark.
* Video boost - Turn it on to save tons of data on video. Pro tip: Video boost also reduces buffering.
* Home screen search - Use your device's Spotlight Search to access your Speed Dial entries. Just drag down on your home screen and start typing.
More than 250 million people depend on Opera Mini to help them browse more content, faster, even on congested and sluggish networks.
Install it. Try it. Love it.
What's New in Version 14.0.0
- Added ad blocker
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
Great when it works
This app is fantastic when it works, but lately the app has been crashing on opening which is extremely frustrating and I just have to wait (minutes, hours, days..) to try again and see if it works.
Also, it would be nice to be able to change the default browser, add more privacy/security settings and if it's even possible on phones, have extensions/add-ons (e.g httpseverywhere, ghostery, etc.)
Can't search things in the URL.
The problem mentioned in the title is what makes this mobile browser supremely inferior to others like Chrome:
If you want to do a quick google search in the URL it doesn't work, but rather googles a whole load of gobbledygook but not what you wanted.
This is very frustrating and I will delete the app. It works well on my MacBook Pro but not my phone. Fix please.
(That being said the data saving part is fantastic.)
The best browser
Safari has been having some major issues for a few months with an iCloud synchronisation bug that causes all the bookmarks to disappear.
I had to find an alternative and after trying all the browsers I could think of including Firefox and Chrome, this is the best.
Opera is fast, attractive, with good presentable access to bookmarks and it does exactly what you would want a browser to do.
My only complaint would be the extended keyboard that appears in Opera only with buttons I would never use.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 16 June 2016
- Version: 14.0.0
- Size: 47.4 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Opera Software ASA
- © Opera Software ASA
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.