By Pavel Kanzelsberger
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Is it contact sharing using Bluetooth, E-Mail or MMS not really convenient for you? Now you can share your contacts as vCards encoded in QR Barcodes. Opti Contact app will create these barcodes and iPhone companion will scan and import them.
* Create standard QR Codes with vCards encoded inside directly from your Address Book
* If you want to create any other QR Codes containing web site URL, just Phone number or any plain text you can download "QR Code" application from Mac AppStore and also "QR Code Generator" for iPhone and iPad available in the iOS AppStore
* Standard that works accross all mobile phone brands, not only iPhone (for example Android mobile phones)
* You can save your QR Codes in as PNG images and share them by E-Mail or by printing them on your bussiness card
* Internet connection is not required since Opti Contact is generating barcodes directly on your device without sending your private information to online services
With Opti Contact for iPhone (available in iOS AppStore):
* You can scan contacts from another mobile phone display, computer display, newspaper and of course paper business cards
* Scan QR Codes and import vCards directly to your Address Book using iPhone camera (supported formats when scanning: vCard, BIZCARD, MECARD)
* This application can read other barcodes as well, for example: EAN-8, EAN-13, UPC-E, UPC-A, ISBN-10, ISBN-13, I25, CODE-39 and CODE-128 (however none of these includes contact information)
A QR Code is a specific matrix barcode (or two-dimensional code), readable by dedicated QR barcode readers and camera phones. The code consists of black modules arranged in a square pattern on a white background. The information encoded can be text, URL or other data.
Common in Japan, where it was created by Toyota subsidiary Denso-Wave in 1994, the QR code is one of the most popular types of two-dimensional barcodes. QR is the abbreviation for Quick Response, as the creator intended the code to allow its contents to be decoded at high speed.
Simple, easy and effective ...
Does everything it says ... simple choose a cintact from your address book, it generates the barcode image and then all you have to do is save it ... and best of all its free.
Great utility app!!! 5/5
Simple but effective. Tried several other apps that say they do the same thing but found this to be the best for my needs
- Category: Productivity
- Released: 31 March 2011
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 1.0 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Pavel Kanzelsberger
- © 2011 Mediaware, s.r.o.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later, 64-bit processor