Orca Scan is a Barcode Scanning app that was designed to make it as easy as possible to track assets and inventory using just your mobile phone, removing the need for expensive barcode scanners.
It's fully configurable, simply add and remove fields to capture the data you need. Every field you add becomes a column in the exported Microsoft Excel spreadsheet, CSV file.
▸ How It Works
1) Scan any barcode QR, UPC etc
2) Add details such as quantity, description, time, GPS location
3) Add custom fields to capture additional data
4) Share scanned data in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet, CSV, JSON
Here are just a few of the ways people are using Orca Scan:
▸ Inventory Tracking
* Manually add items
* Add custom fields
* Continuously scan barcodes in batch mode (no need to tap)
* Automatically detect and merge duplicates
* Auto increase/decrease quantities on scan
* Export as Excel, CSV, XML or JSON file
* Send as an email attachment
▸ Asset Tracking
* Track asset locations with GPS fields
* Create your own fields to track price, conditions, custody etc
* Automatically timestamp when assets are inspected or transferred
* Share assets in a sorted spreadsheet
▸ Attendance Tracking
* Capture all the major ID barcodes like QR or Code 39
* Use continuous/batch scan mode to check-in people in seconds
* Use front facing camera for self-check in and self-registration
* Share or print attendance sheet in a nicely structured spreadsheet
- GPS Location
- Number (auto increase on scan)
- Number (auto decrease on scan)
- Date Time
- QR Code
- Data Matrix
- Universal Product Codes (UPC) E & A
- European Article Number (EAN) 8 and 13
- Code 39, Code 93 & Code 128
- Interleaved Two of Five (ITF)
Questions, comments, or suggestions? We'd love to hear from you firstname.lastname@example.org
A few UI tweaks based on your suggestions
Ratings and Reviews
Versatile and effective
This is a fantastic app for low cost operations. I have tested on IPhone 4s and 1st Gen IPad. We were looking for an app that not only captures barcodes but allows saving in bulk to enable a subsequent import into an existing DB. This does everything we want and offers the chance to capture additional info and should do away with clipboard and pen.
The app is configurable and enables the user to add additional variable data to the fixed data contained within the barcode. I have tested on simple and 2d barcodes with equal success. My advice is to experiment and configure to meet your needs. The csv file offers a really easy way to update your DB and find variances for investigation.
I have given this 4 stars only because the barcode capture on the IPad is erratic. If using a phone - 5 stars
Update Feb 18. The developer has responded to the IPad issue and it works with a variety of barcodes using my old IPad - so now 5 stars. Great job
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the great review! The latest release should have resolved the iPad issue; if not please let us know email@example.com
A great scanner App
Great App but need an option to share barcodes via WhatsApp or any other App, not just Email. Otherwise a nice App. Thanks John but still doesn’t have the Open as CSV file option. After pressing Export, it goes straight to email. It’s a great App. After changing few settings options, now I get the options after pressing the export button.
Developer Response ,
Thank you! We just released an update to allow sharing via AirDrop, SMS etc. Tap Export > Open as CSV file > Share icon
Great bit of kit
It’s a solid app.
Does exactly what I’m looking for. Wished the paid features are a bit cheaper so I could play and see if they are useful.
We run a shop with a warehouse. Simply using this to create lists of products for our warehouse to store or to print price labels etc.
- Cambridge App Lab Limited
- 34.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Cambridge App Lab Limited
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.