## Featured by Apple as "Band in your Hand" and 'Explore your creativity' ##
Orphion is a musical instrument with a unique sound between string instrument and percussion. Everyone can play expressive, wonderful sounds and easy or virtuosic melodies on it just by moving fingers on virtual pads.
This video shows you more: https://vimeo.com/35131490
What can I do with it?
• Express the sounds you feel
• Play polyphonic music very expressively
• Crazy drumming
• Dream and relax
• Create soundscapes and melodies without musical knowledge
• Visually explore music and music theory
• Different articulations from soft to plucked to hardly slapped
• Natural interaction
• Extend your ways of expression as a percussionist, guitarist, pianist or other musician
• 15 transposable pad layouts with different tonalities from easy to complex
• 8 individual voices for 8 fingers
• MIDI support: Play your favorite synth with the revolutionary Orphion interface
• Audiobus support: Stream live audio from Orphion directly to other Audiobus-compatible apps
• Orphion Editor (availible as upgrade): Create and share your own custom pad layouts. Download new pad layouts from Orphion Universe
What others say about Orphion:
"We love this instrument! So cool. Great for Deep House, IDM, Ambient, and whatever!" - iPadloops
"A simple but profoundly beautiful and expressive music app" - Evolutionaryarts.org
"Orphion is very customizable and flexible — truly functioning as a full-fledged electronic instrument" - Harrison Weber, The next web
Follow on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Orphion
Ratings and Reviews
MIDI function not so good.
It's a nice app and easy to play, but unless you're using Animoog, midi is a waste of time. I've tried it with a few synths and it doesn't work with anything except Animoog. Don't buy this if you are looking for a general purpose midi controller as you will be disappointed.
Unique and intuitive instrument
This is a very well designed instrument. The standard layouts are brilliant for quickly learning the relationship/intervals between notes and the method of playing, which is so surprisingly easy. The tutorial videos on the developer websites are very helpful and quick. With the editor you can create your own layouts... I reckon with this instrument as a MIDI controller, Audiobus as the interface, my fave soft synth (currently Animoog) and a DAW, I could recreate the sound of most plucked or percussive instruments. I am going to try creating a hang pan with a Dorian scale :) this is much easier and cheaper than buying or commissioning the real thing.
Unique New Instrument
A unique and truly expressive instrument. If I had just one musical app on my iPad this would be it. The online layout sharing system is a joy, as Pavement once said 'the tones are grouped in clusters' and here one can instantly access dozens of wonderful clusters made by talented and inspired Orphion players the world over. Works fantastically as a MIDI controller too. For the price this is amazing value. Now, back to playing it :)
- Sebastian Trump
- 28.3 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, French, German, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Sebastian Trump
- In-App Purchases
- Orphion Editor £0.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.