Osmos for iPad
By Hemisphere Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** Apple Design Award winner and iPad Game of the Year! **
Enter the Darwinian world of a galactic mote. To survive, absorb smaller organisms and grow—but beware of larger predators. Osmos features unique physics-based play, stellar graphics, and a hypnotic ambient soundtrack. Absorb or be absorbed!
“The ultimate ambient experience” — Gizmodo
“The best iPad game yet.” — IGN
you must grow by absorbing smaller motes, but to propel yourself you must eject matter behind you, causing you to shrink. From this delicate balance, Osmos leads the player through floating playgrounds, competitive petri dishes, deep solar systems, and more.
“Named as iPad Game of the Year for a reason, Osmos is a fantastic game. A combination of physics, survival and classic eat em up” — WeDoCode
“Whether you're a child at heart who likes mucking about with single-cell organisms, or a strategist with a physics degree, this game will appeal to everyone.” — App Store review
AWARDS / recognition:
* "iPad Game of the Year" and "App of the Week" — Apple
* Apple Design Award winner
* #1 Top iPhone Game — IGN
* iPad Game of the Year — TUAW
* Game of the Year — Create Digital Music
* Editor's Choice — Wired, Macworld, IGN, GameTunnel, and more...
* Best in Show — IndieCade
* Vision Award — Independent Games Festival
* Coolest Atmosphere — IGN
* Best Soundtrack — IGN
* Most Innovative Game — Best App Ever Awards, Pocket Gamer
* Many top lists including Kotaku, PAX, TouchArcade, iLounge, APPera, IFC, and more...
* New: Multiplayer! (more info below.)
* 72 levels spanning 8 distinct worlds: Ambient, Antimatter, Solar, Sentient, Repulsor, Impasse, Warped Chaos, and Epicycles.
* Full Retina support.
* Award-winning electronic soundtrack by Loscil, Gas, High Skies, Biosphere, Julien Neto, and more.
* Seamlesss multitouch controls: swipe to warp time, tap anywhere to eject mass, pinch to zoom…
* Endless replay value: play random versions of any level in Arcade mode.
* Time-warping: slow down the flow of time to outmaneuver agile opponents; speed it up to raise the challenge.
* Confront four distinct AI opponents: the Ovarium, the Biophobe, the Nemocyte… and the deadly Ferax.
* Earn 13 single-player and 15 multiplayer achievements, with Game Center integration.
* Progress synced via iCloud.
*** NEW MULTIPLAYER ***
* Play against your friends and enemies, locally (via wi-fi or Bluetooth), or over the Internet!
* 6 distinct Arenas: Ambient, Impasse, Solar, Warped Chaos, Epicycles, and introducing… Antimatter Impasse.
* iPad vs. iPhone play supported.
“a beautiful, absorbing experience." — IGN
“What iPad Gaming Should Be All About” — Gizmodo
5/5 - Macworld Editor’s Choice - “One of the best games we’ve played so far this year. An utterly serene, yet fiendishly complicated game that deserves a place in every iPad owners collection.” — MacWorld
4/4, Must Have - “We are more than overwhelmed by Osmos for iPad… The game design is thoughtful and intuitive, new level structures are flawless, and the visuals are stunning yet simplistic… every iPad owner should have Osmos on their device. You just won’t find another experience quite like it.” — Slide To Play
“Osmos HD is THE game for the iPad.” — Pocket Lint
“It’s the best iPad game on the App Store” — MTV Multiplayer
“The first proper breakout hit for the iPad. Osmos feels so natural and enjoyable to play, even when the difficulty ramps up and you find yourself repeatedly careening into a giant gaseous enemy.” — Wired
5/5 - “Osmos is an absolute must that will change the way you think of games, and what you expect from them.” — AppAdvice
“Beyond doubt, a work of genius... a relaxing, meditative experience about going with the flow... It all adds up to something otherworldly and just . . . incredible.” — GameAndPlayer.net
What's New in Version 2.3.1
• Fix for rare Startup crash.
• 4 new achievements!
• Multi-language support: German, French, Spanish, Italian, Inuktitut, Chinese, Japanese, Russian and English.
• Minor UI changes and fixes.
Osmos is awesome
An innovative and intellectually stimulating game which uses gorgeous graphics echoing stellar photographs and cellular life forms with connotations of atomic particles. A fan of Brian Cox like me would probably like it, the soundtrack is ambient and soothing, the action of 'absorbing' is weirdly satisfying. Using attraction and reaction through polarisation and gravity replication, the game uses physics including a speed up time tool which stops the game play becoming too slow or fast if needed. The combination of slow movement, relaxing music and stunning graphics and colour create a mesmerising, almost hypnotic experience, I loved it!!!
I pronounce thee App and iPad
I bought Osmos for Mac and loved it. A mouse is not best suited for the accuracy of control needed for this game, trackpad is much better. The ultimate combo though for Osmos is found here with the iPad version. In my experience there is no better home for Osmos than iPad. The game was excellent before, but the refinements the developers have added in this version take it to levels that other app developers can only envy and aspire to. Endlessly engaging with a seemingly infinite capacity to absorb your time and keep your interest. A true standard bearer for iPad apps.
Possibly the best game on ipad
Great concept, great implementation, great variations, and a soundtrack that is evocative while completely integrated with the gameplay. This game's only flaw is that it doesn't have more levels. I'd like to see the concept pushed further with expansion of existing levels, different playing universe shapes, more complex orbiting scenarios, different types of bubbles or matter that combine in different ways, separate planes where the game can be played simultaneously, etc.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 09 July 2013
- Version: 2.3.1
- Size: 37.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: Hemisphere Games Inc
- © 2010 Hemisphere Games, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.