By Hemisphere Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** Apple's iPad Game of the Year and featured in the App Store Hall of Fame! **
Enter the Darwinian world of a galactic mote. To survive, absorb smaller organisms and grow—but beware of larger predators. Osmos features unique physics-based play, stellar graphics, and a hypnotic ambient soundtrack. Absorb or be absorbed!
“The ultimate ambient experience” — Gizmodo
“Beyond doubt, a work of genius" — GameAndPlayer.net
you must grow by absorbing smaller motes, but to propel yourself you must eject matter behind you, causing you to shrink. From this delicate balance, Osmos leads the player through floating playgrounds, competitive petri dishes, deep solar systems, and more.
“Named as iPad Game of the Year for a reason, Osmos is a fantastic game. A combination of physics, survival and classic eat em up” — WeDoCode
“Whether you're a child at heart who likes mucking about with single-cell organisms, or a strategist with a physics degree, this game will appeal to everyone.” — App Store review
AWARDS / recognition:
* "iPad Game of the Year" and "iPhone App of the Week" — Apple
* Apple Design Award winner (iPad version)
* #1 Top iPhone Game — IGN
* iPad Game of the Year — TUAW
* Game of the Year — Create Digital Music
* Editor's Choice — Wired, Macworld, IGN, GameTunnel, and more...
* Best in Show — IndieCade
* Vision Award — Independent Games Festival
* Coolest Atmosphere — IGN
* Best Soundtrack — IGN
* Most Innovative Game — Best App Ever Awards, Pocket Gamer
* Many top lists including Kotaku, PAX, TouchArcade, iLounge, APPera, IFC, and more...
* New: Multiplayer! (more info below.)
* 72 levels spanning 8 distinct worlds: Ambient, Antimatter, Solar, Sentient, Repulsor, Impasse, Warped Chaos, and Epicycles.
* Full Retina & 4-inch screen support.
* Award-winning electronic soundtrack by Loscil, Gas, High Skies, Biosphere, Julien Neto, and more.
* Seamlesss multitouch controls: swipe to warp time, tap anywhere to eject mass, pinch to zoom…
* Endless replay value: play random versions of any level in Arcade mode.
* Time-warping: slow down the flow of time to outmaneuver agile opponents; speed it up to raise the challenge.
* Confront four distinct AI opponents: the Ovarium, the Biophobe, the Nemocyte… and the deadly Ferax.
* Earn 13 single-player and 15 multiplayer achievements, with Game Center integration.
* Progress synced via iCloud.
*** NEW MULTIPLAYER ***
* Play against your friends and enemies, locally (via wi-fi or Bluetooth), or over the Internet!
* 6 distinct Arenas: Ambient, Impasse, Solar, Warped Chaos, Epicycles, and introducing… Antimatter Impasse.
* iPad vs. iPhone play supported.
“a beautiful, absorbing experience." — IGN
5/5 - Macworld Editor’s Choice - “One of the best games we’ve played so far this year. An utterly serene, yet fiendishly complicated game that deserves a place in every iPad owners collection.” — MacWorld
“The best iPad game yet.” — IGN
4/4, Must Have - “We are more than overwhelmed by Osmos for iPad… The game design is thoughtful and intuitive, new level structures are flawless, and the visuals are stunning yet simplistic… every iPad owner should have Osmos on their device. You just won’t find another experience quite like it.” — Slide To Play
“What iPad Gaming Should Be All About” — Gizmodo
“The first proper breakout hit for the iPad. Osmos feels so natural and enjoyable to play, even when the difficulty ramps up and you find yourself repeatedly careening into a giant gaseous enemy.” — Wired
“It’s the best iPad game on the App Store” — MTV Multiplayer
5/5 - “Osmos is an absolute must that will change the way you think of games, and what you expect from them.” — AppAdvice
“Beyond doubt, a work of genius... a relaxing, meditative experience about going with the flow... It all adds up to something otherworldly and just . . . incredible.” — GameAndPlayer.net
What's New in Version 2.3.1
• Fix for rare startup crash.
• 4 new achievements!
• Multi-language support: German, French, Spanish, Italian, Inuktitut, Chinese, Japanese, Russian and English.
• Minor UI changes and fixes.
I don't write reviews ever. In fact this is the first time I have written a review for anything(games,films,musicect) in my life. For a game of this quality it had to be done. This game beats any ps3/Xbox game. It is so elegantly designed and the interface is perfect. The first time I played this I played it for 6 hours straight and I was just off a night shift. If physics based games are your thing it doesn't get much better than osmos.
Bought this while out and about on my iPhone as I wanted to test it out before playing it on my iPad. I get home to find there is a specific iPad version that I will have to purchase AGAIN!! At a higher cost, very misleading seen as the first image says 'best iPad game yet' and even states it works on the iPad and it does, don't get me wrong, but with rubbish graphics and not in full screen. But I thought it would be playable across all my idevices, totally wrong and very disappointed, I won't be buying from this company again. I hate to be mislead.
Highly addictive, very playable!
One of the games I've played for the longest on my iPad & it won't end soon. Great graphics, combined with a great sound track & intuitive controls...
Would very much recommend it to anyone.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 10 July 2013
- Version: 2.3.1
- Size: 18.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: Hemisphere Games Inc
- © 2008 Hemisphere Games, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.