OU Anywhere is an app for Open University students studying an OU qualification (you will need your OUCU/PI and password to sign in - email addresses are not supported). It is a convenient way to download secondary formats of module materials (when and where available) for your studies. You can also navigate to module websites from within the app itself.
• This app is designed for convenient downloading of content for offline reading: it is not a replacement for regularly visiting your module website.
• The app does not include a reader: if you don’t have software to read the PDF, MOBI or EPUB files usually available for download then you will need to install an appropriate app from your devices’ app store.
• Following a new release of iOS, the app may not immediately function as intended. Functionality is regularly monitored but the issues may unfortunately not be fixed immediately. We apologise for any frustration but thank you for your patience in this matter.
• You can also download all the files available in the app via your devices’ web browser – further information is available here: http://www.open.ac.uk/computingguide
• OU Anywhere general support: http://www.open.ac.uk/ouanywhere-guide
• If you experience technical issues not covered by the general support documentation, please let us know via this web form: https://msds.open.ac.uk/students/contactus.aspx?t=18
By installing the OU Anywhere app you are agreeing to The Open University’s Policies and Statements: http://www.open.ac.uk/about/main/admin-and-governance/policies-and-statements
This release includes improvements to how the app handles an active sign-in when the users' password is changed, and also support for the iPhone X's resolution and notch.
Ratings and Reviews
Please fix OU we all start our new modules in 2 weeks!
This app used to work ok, had all the books, videos and Audio content in one place, a little annoying that you had to enter in credentials twice when trying to look at your study planner through the app but it worked..... Now nothing works, it looks like I only have 2 thirds of my books and video content for my new course available to download and view. And when tapping on the study planner icon, nothing loads even if you leave for 2 mins. Something has happened here OU that needs urgent attention, perhaps it's the new IOS9 but judging by reviews from last month before that came out, it must be some bring else. Most of the OU students start their courses officially in October, until this is fixed, this app is useless to them all.
This is a brilliant app, I'm using it more than my course books! I have an iPad mini so being able to stand that up whilst I take notes makes everything so much easier. You can also highlight on the ebooks and and going between questions and answers is a lot easier. It's unfortunate that the app has such bad reviews because the materials are only added when you're about to start the module, before then you won't be able to access them, so it's not that the app doesn't work!
Does the job
I know many have complained about this app but it does the job in my opinion.
I can get access to all text books and all course content offline including video content (which there is a lot for maths modules) and study/revise off my phone and iPad.
If you're like me and do not bother at all with the physical paper text books this app is 100% for you, I open the books in other study specific apps and highlight, snip etc what I need. This is brilliantly done using an iPad Pro.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.