Includes a free download of all 15 GB National Parks, normally £9.99 (Ordnance Survey 1:50k).
*** Extremely easy to use and looks great. [Trek & Mountain Magazine]
*** The best way to access Ordnance Survey Maps in digital form. [Stuff Magazine]
*** The perfect tool for navigating off-road. Great Fun! [Outdoors Magazine]
• Trusted by hikers, cyclists, ramblers, and outdoor instructors.
• OutDoors GB makes it easy to enjoy the great British countryside in confidence.
• At a fraction of the cost of a dedicated GPS device, spend less time staring at maps and more time stretching your legs.
• The only outdoors navigation app that combines all your favorite OS Maps, with the features you need in a simple interface.
• There is now no reason to ever get lost again.
• Simply create a route on Ordnance Survey maps..…and go!
OutDoors GB takes outdoors navigation to new heights:
• Hikers: Find or plan a route by choosing from over 200,000 free routes. Then navigate using the built in compass & simple direction view. Track your journey by hitting the record button and finally save and share favorite spots by creating a ‘My Places” list
• Runners: Add variety to your running routes by searching our database of local routes based on distance and elevation. Track your stats and save your favorite places on the routes for great views, stretching, resting and water fountains by creating your personal point of interests list
• Cyclists: Find a route that matches your level of intensity by searching entries by distance and elevation. Or craft your own perfect biking path with the route builder. Use the hands free mode while biking and track your route statistics
• Photographers: Find beautiful landscapes by searching through over 250,000 points of interests. Find or plan your route to get there by using distance markers and confidently explore offline with Satellite, Terrain, Hybrid, and Road maps
• Dependable anywhere - Break free of phone signals and download maps to use and explore anywhere
• Find, plan, share, and record routes with statistics & elevation profiles
• 200,000+ Free routes available for route planning on integrated website (outdoorsgps.com)
• Choose unlimited use (OS Online) or purchase specific regions to download (lifetime maps)
ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
• Download any Landranger 1:50k, Explorer 1:25k Ordnance Survey maps
• Includes 1 week trial for OS Online- unlimited OS maps
• Lifetime OS maps are sold as Regions (1:50k), Counties (1:25k) or National Parks (1:25k)
POWERFUL GPS FUNCTIONS
• Fully functioning GPS at a fraction of the cost of a dedicated GPS device
• Finds your location in seconds- accurate to within 10 metres
• Create a route, with distance markers, by tapping it out on the screen
• Follow a planned route easily using the in-built compass & super-clear direction view
• Create 'My Places' list (picnic area, views etc)
• 250,000 points of interest included
WEBSITE & ONLINE COMMUNITY (100,000+ MEMBERS)
• Do all your planning (or post trip analysis) with OS Maps
You can subscribe to OS Online Unlimited Maps. Your subscription will be £30 for 365 days from the date of subscription, charged to your iTunes Account, and will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renew can be turned off anytime by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when purchasing a subscription. Also access OS Online Unlimited Maps on our website: http://outdoorsgps.com
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
This update helps improve iOS 11:
• Fixes location services
• Fixes GPS tracking while app is backgrounded
• Various bug fixes & speed improvements
Please email us if you run into any issues:
If you enjoy using OutDoors GB, please take a minute to leave a review in the App Store. We really appreciate your support!
Ratings and Reviews
The best phone mapping tool
I use this app for MTB and hiking route mapping and navigation. It’s fab.
I find and plan my own routes using the website route builder. Also import GPX routes other people have created or I’ve paid for and keep them private for my own use.
If you pay for the online OS map subscription you can log on whilst on WiFi it 3/4G and move in and out of the route map area to cache the tiles for when you’re out of signal range.
I love that you move between 25k and 50k when zooming in as I would never buy both before and try make do with 25k. I also use google maps and google satellite when route planning. Having all these map tools at your disposal makes it very clear.
Personally if I’m going to be doing a lot of complex route navigation in a wilderness area, I still buy the offline map for reassurance.
Yes, you need to either buy OS maps for the area you’re going to or pay for the unlimited access. You can’t rely on free google maps when you’re in the middle of the countryside halfway up a mountain!
Yes, navigation is battery intensive. Screen + gps + searching for signal in poor signal areas is battery intensive. Take a power pack with you.
Now even better
I have had this app for several years and over multiple devices. I now have it on iPhone and iPad Pro. The offline mapping is excellent and layers nicely. For example the road map when expanded moves to 1:50,000 and then to 1:25,000 (if you have bought the maps, obviously). Recently I had issues after iOS 11 and the team were really helpful. An update and a reinstall put the app back together. Last week I was in Snowdonia and then the Lakes and used the app on both devices as my navigation tool in the hills. Quicker and clearer than my garmin as a location checker on the high mountains, and perfect for a mountain day out. Clearly for multiple days a source of power would be required. Awesome app.
Still the best of the bunch but re-downloading maps when subscription auto-renews needs fixing...
I've been using this app since the iPhone 3GS. It's always been way better than the official OS app.
Stability, mapping implementation, functionality and power consumption are all superb.
Only 1 complaint and 1 suggestion.
It's really annoying having to re-download maps when the subscription rolls over.
I've had a week of nags to renew subscription. As this is set to auto-renew in my appleID there is no way to invoke the renewal manually. Today I loaded up the app and all my maps apart from those downloaded in the last few days have gone. The old lifetime-purchase maps reappear on refreshing the store, but all have to be redownloaded as well as more recent OS unlimited downloads.
As I'm currently away from home with patchy 3G at best this is a slow process!
iPhone SE and iPad mini3 cellular.
Up-to-date iOS and app versions.
And my suggestion.... Give an option of OS Opendata for the 1:25k/1:10k zoom in.
The proper 1:25k detail is almost airways best - for field boundaries etc - but the road/house/farm name detail and more recent survey info on Opendata would be great to view in the app.
- RoadTour LLC
- 114.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © RoadTour
- In-App Purchases
- OS Online Unlimited Maps £19.99
- South West England OS Maps 1:50k £12.99
- South East England OS Maps 1:50k £12.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.