Outdoors GB: 15 National Parks and Offline OS Maps
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** GREAT SUMMER SALE *** SAVE 50% ***
Get fit this Summer with OUTDOORS GB, the #1 Outdoors Navigation App. NOW £1.49
Includes a free download of all 15 GB National Parks, normally £9.99 (Ordnance Survey 1:50k).
*** Extremely easy to use and looks great. [Trek & Mountain Magazine]
*** The best way to access Ordnance Survey Maps in digital form. [Stuff Magazine]
*** The perfect tool for navigating off-road. Great Fun! [Outdoors Magazine]
• Trusted by hikers, cyclists, ramblers, and outdoor instructors.
• OutDoors GB makes it easy to enjoy the great British countryside in confidence.
• At a fraction of the cost of a dedicated GPS device, spend less time staring at maps and more time stretching your legs.
• The only outdoors navigation app that combines all your favorite OS Maps, with the features you need in a simple interface.
• There is now no reason to ever get lost again.
• Simply create a route on Ordnance Survey maps..…and go!
OutDoors GB takes outdoors navigation to new heights:
• Hikers: Find or plan a route by choosing from over 200,000 free routes. Then navigate using the built in compass & simple direction view. Track your journey by hitting the record button and finally save and share favorite spots by creating a ‘My Places” list
• Runners: Add variety to your running routes by searching our database of local routes based on distance and elevation. Track your stats and save your favorite places on the routes for great views, stretching, resting and water fountains by creating your personal point of interests list
• Cyclists: Find a route that matches your level of intensity by searching entries by distance and elevation. Or craft your own perfect biking path with the route builder. Use the hands free mode while biking and track your route statistics
• Photographers: Find beautiful landscapes by searching through over 250,000 points of interests. Find or plan your route to get there by using distance markers and confidently explore offline with Satellite, Terrain, Hybrid, and Road maps
• Dependable anywhere - Break free of phone signals and download maps to use and explore anywhere
• Find, plan, share, and record routes with statistics & elevation profiles
• 200,000+ Free routes available for route planning on integrated website (outdoorsgps.com)
• Choose unlimited use (OS Online) or purchase specific regions to download (lifetime maps)
ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
• Download any Landranger 1:50k, Explorer 1:25k Ordnance Survey maps
• Includes 1 week trial for OS Online- unlimited OS maps
• Lifetime OS maps are sold as Regions (1:50k), Counties (1:25k) or National Parks (1:25k)
POWERFUL GPS FUNCTIONS
• Fully functioning GPS at a fraction of the cost of a dedicated GPS device
• Finds your location in seconds- accurate to within 10 metres
• Create a route, with distance markers, by tapping it out on the screen
• Follow a planned route easily using the in-built compass & super-clear direction view
• Create 'My Places' list (picnic area, views etc)
• 250,000 points of interest included
WEBSITE & ONLINE COMMUNITY (100,000+ MEMBERS)
• Do all your planning (or post trip analysis) with OS Maps
You can subscribe to OS Online Unlimited Maps. Your subscription will be £30 for 365 days from the date of subscription, charged to your iTunes Account, and will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renew can be turned off anytime by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when purchasing a subscription. Also access OS Online Unlimited Maps on our website: http://outdoorsgps.com
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.16
Another great round of improvements:
• App download size drastically reduced
• Recording filters more bad GPS points
• Adds background map downloading
• Various bug fixes & speed improvements
Please email us if you run into any issues:
If you enjoy using OutDoors GB, please take a minute to leave a review in the App Store. If you've reviewed a previous version please resubmit it as ratings reset with each update. We really appreciate your support!
Ideal for hiking and biking
There are plenty of apps for tracking and for generating stats and sharing them, but there aren't that many good apps for actual navigation. This is one of the few I've found that provides a great all round package - good deals, 1:50k and 1:25k (moving between these by zoom works perfectly), and the ability to import gpx files and so on. The main thing is it gives me freedom to go out and explore the Cotswolds without a plan, other than a rough idea of what direction I'd like to go in. Highly recommended - I've used it for years all over the UK.
If we're talking about future development, I'd like to see an AppleWatch counterpart app, that could display your current OS grid ref or a very basic square Km graphic with your position, bearing to next waypoint etc. This would mean less stopping when on the bike and warmer fingers in winter (thick touchscreen gloves never work). Top marks so far.
Best App ever
This quite literally the best app I have ever purchased, my sense of direction can be lacking at time and this app has saved me more than once - I use it all the time when out walking and riding my horse to check I am on route, log routes and see how far I have travelled and also use it to plan new walks. Really fantastic, I can't fault it. Much better than having a massive is map blowing around!
Perfect for taking OS with you!
Just what people who can read a map need! OS discovery maps on your phone, online function really useful and cost effective if you tour the country and don't want to buy all the individual maps. Just view the map area you need over wifi or 3/4G, off you go, it will be there to view on your device whether you have a connection or not.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 01 May 2017
- Version: 4.16
- Size: 134 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Developer: RoadTour
- © RoadTour
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- South East England OS Maps 1:50k£12.99
- South West England OS Maps 1:50k£12.99
- Subscription to OS Online Unlimited Maps£12.99
- OS Online Unlimited Maps£19.99
- OS Online Unlimited Maps£14.99
- Wales OS Maps 1:50k £12.99
- Lake District OS Maps in 1:25k OS Explorer Map series£31.99
- East of England OS Maps 1:50k£12.99
- North West England OS Maps 1:50k £12.99
- Yorkshire OS Maps 1:50k £12.99