Outdoors GB: 15 National Parks and Offline OS Maps
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** New Year's Resolution SALE *** SAVE 50% ***
Get fit in 2017 with OUTDOORS GB, the #1 Outdoors Navigation App. Normally £2.99
Includes a free download of all 15 GB National Parks, normally £9.99 (Ordnance Survey 1:50k).
*** Extremely easy to use and looks great. [Trek & Mountain Magazine]
*** The best way to access Ordnance Survey Maps in digital form. [Stuff Magazine]
*** The perfect tool for navigating off-road. Great Fun! [Outdoors Magazine]
Trusted by hikers, cyclists, ramblers, and outdoor instructors, OutDoors GB makes it easy to enjoy the great British countryside in confidence. At a fraction of the cost of a dedicated GPS device, spend less time staring at maps and more time stretching your legs. The only outdoors navigation app that combines all your favorite OS Maps, with the features you need in a simple interface. There is now no reason to ever get lost again. Simply create a route on Ordnance Survey maps..…and go!
OutDoors GB takes outdoors navigation to new heights:
• Hikers: Find or plan a route by choosing from over 200,000 free routes. Then navigate using the built in compass & simple direction view. Track your journey by hitting the record button and finally save and share favorite spots by creating a ‘My Places” list
• Runners: Add variety to your running routes by searching our database of local routes based on distance and elevation. Track your stats and save your favorite places on the routes for great views, stretching, resting and water fountains by creating your personal point of interests list
• Cyclists: Find a route that matches your level of intensity by searching entries by distance and elevation. Or craft your own perfect biking path with the route builder. Use the hands free mode while biking and track your route statistics
• Photographers: Find beautiful landscapes by searching through over 250,000 points of interests. Find or plan your route to get there by using distance markers and confidently explore offline with Satellite, Terrain, Hybrid, and Road maps
• Dependable anywhere - Break free of phone signals and download maps to use and explore anywhere
• Find, plan, share, and record routes with statistics & elevation profiles
• 200,000+ Free routes available for route planning on integrated website (outdoorsgps.com)
• Choose unlimited use (OS Online) or purchase specific regions to download (lifetime maps)
ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
• Download any Landranger 1:50k, Explorer 1:25k Ordnance Survey maps
• Includes 1 week trial for OS Online- unlimited OS maps
• Lifetime OS maps are sold as Regions (1:50k), Counties (1:25k) or National Parks (1:25k)
POWERFUL GPS FUNCTIONS
• Fully functioning GPS at a fraction of the cost of a dedicated GPS device
• Finds your location in seconds- accurate to within 10 metres
• Create a route, with distance markers, by tapping it out on the screen
• Follow a planned route easily using the in-built compass & super-clear direction view
• Create 'My Places' list (picnic area, views etc)
• 250,000 points of interest included
WEBSITE & ONLINE COMMUNITY (100,000+ MEMBERS)
• Do all your planning (or post trip analysis) with OS Maps
You can subscribe to OS Online Unlimited Maps. Your subscription will be £30 for 365 days from the date of subscription, charged to your iTunes Account, and will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renew can be turned off anytime by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when purchasing a subscription. Also access OS Online Unlimited Maps on our website: http://outdoorsgps.com
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.12
Wrapping up the year with a couple updates:
• Better OS Online education
• Adds deep links to more screens
• Various bug fixes & speed improvements
Please email us if you run into any issues:
If you enjoy using OutDoors GB, please take a minute to leave a review in the App Store. If you've reviewed a previous version please resubmit it as ratings reset with each update. We really appreciate your support!
Happy hill walker
I regularly use this app when trekking on the hills. It has twice proved literally life-saving: with a group in dense mist on Snowdon and in a blizzard high above Langdale. It has become an essential part of my safety kit and a popular companion on our adventures. It works seamlessly with purchased maps on both iPhone3 (no SIM needed) and iPhone5 (after latest update I had to open globe icon top left of map screen and reset to OS maps from OS online).
Nice GPS app.
I've had this app for a while and use it simply for OS maps whilst out and about across the UK. It works brilliantly. I use the 1:50 maps and they open up effortlessly showing exactly where I am. Can't fault it at all for my use. Had to recently contact customer support to resolve a download issue on a new iPad and it was excellent. I was soon back up and running as before. Deffo recommend it.
Excellent mapping for planning walks.
I organise a walking group and find this app excellent for both the planning and guiding. Routes can be planned at home and downloaded on to a smart phone for use in the field. Altitude charts are available both at the planning stage and if a route is simply walked and tracked. Highly recommended.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 03 January 2017
- Version: 4.12
- Size: 215 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Developer: RoadTour
- © RoadTour
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- South East England OS Maps 1:50k£12.99
- South West England OS Maps 1:50k£12.99
- Subscription to OS Online Unlimited Maps£12.99
- Lake District OS Maps in 1:25k OS Explorer Map series£31.99
- Wales OS Maps 1:50k £12.99
- East of England OS Maps 1:50k£12.99
- North West England OS Maps 1:50k £12.99
- Yorkshire OS Maps 1:50k £12.99
- East Midlands OS Maps 1:50k£12.99
- West Midlands OS Maps 1:50k£12.99