OutDoors GB: includes 15 National Parks - Offline GPS Navigation with OS Maps for Running, Hiking, Biking, Cycling & Route Planning
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Includes a free download of all 15 GB National Parks (Ordnance Survey 1:50k).
*** Extremely easy to use and looks great. -[Trek & Mountain Magazine].
*** The best way to access Ordnance Survey Maps in digital form. -[Stuff Magazine].
*** The perfect tool for navigating off-road. Great Fun! -[Outdoors Magazine].
The #1 Outdoors Navigation App for iOS
Trusted by hikers, cyclists, ramblers, and outdoor instructors, OutDoors GB makes it easy to enjoy the great British countryside in confidence. At a fraction of the cost of a dedicated GPS device, spend less time staring at maps and more time stretching your legs. The only outdoors navigation app that combines all your favorite OS Maps, with the features you need in a simple interface. There is now no reason to ever get lost again. Simply create a route on Ordnance Survey maps..…and go!
OutDoors GB takes outdoors navigation to new heights:
• Hikers: Find or plan a route by choosing from over 200,000 free routes. Then navigate using the built in compass & simple direction view. Track your journey by hitting the record button and finally save and share favorite hidden by creating a ‘My Places” list
• Runners: Add variety to your running routes by searching our database of local routes based on distance and elevation. Track your stats with the record button. Save your favorite places on the routes for great views, stretching, resting and water fountains by creating your personal point of interests list
• Cyclists: Find a route that matches your level of intensity by searching entries by distance and elevation. Or craft your own perfect biking path with the route builder. Use the hands free mode while biking and track your route statistics with the record button
• Photographers: Find beautiful landscapes by searching through over 250,000 points of interests. Find or plan your route to get there by using distance markers and confidently explore offline with Satellite, Terrain, and Hybrid, and Road maps
• Dependable anywhere - Break free of phone signals and download maps to use and explore anywhere
• Find, plan, share, and record routes with statistics & elevation profiles
• 200,000+ Free routes available for route planning on integrated website (outdoorsgps.com)
• Choose unlimited use (OS Online) or purchase specific regions to download (lifetime maps)
• Worldwide map coverage with Satellite, Terrain, Hybrid & Road maps
ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
• Download any Landranger 1:50k, Explorer 1:25k Ordnance Survey maps
• Includes 1 week trial for OS Online- unlimited OS maps
• Lifetime OS maps are sold as Regions (1:50k), Counties (1:25k) or National Parks (1:25k)
POWERFUL GPS FUNCTIONS
• Fully functioning GPS at a fraction of the cost of a dedicated GPS device
• Finds your location in seconds- accurate to within 10 metres
• Create a route, with distance markers, by tapping it out on the screen
• Follow a planned route easily using the in-built compass & super-clear direction view
• Hands Free mode (for following a route while cycling)
• Create 'My Places' list (favourite pub, picnic area, great view etc)
• 250,000 points of interest included (with fast search tool)
WEBSITE & ONLINE COMMUNITY (100,000+ MEMBERS)
• Do all your planning (or post trip analysis) with OS Maps
• Plan, edit and share your routes (via Email, Twitter or Facebook)
You can subscribe to OS Online Unlimited Maps. Your subscription will be £30 for 365 days from the date of subscription, charged to your iTunes Account, and will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renew can be turned off anytime by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when purchasing a subscription.
What's New in Version 4.10.1
Bringing you another exciting update:
• Updated Facebook SDK
• Various bug fixes & speed improvements
Please email us if you run into any issues:
If you enjoy using OutDoors GB, please take a minute to leave a review in the App Store. If you've reviewed a previous version please resubmit it as ratings reset with each update. We really appreciate your support!
Great little app
Used it for tracking and recording walks in both the UK and in Germany. Cheap to buy and very easy to use. My wife got me a Satmap 12 for Christmas but, to be honest, It has hardly been used. Might not suit the more hard core walker in more remote or challenging places (iPhones can be dropped and you have to be careful in weather), but for me as a regular walker on our more popular walking routes it is first class.
Have used this a lot, purchased offline maps as well as using the online version. Always excellent as is the way the maps can be managed so as not to use all your iPad/iPhone storage. I easily transfer routes between devices, and recording/tracking routes is good too, but can occasionally be glitchy. Overall superb though.
How did we ever manage with paper maps?
I have always been very proud of my years at the Ordnance Survey, producing wonderfully detailed maps of the U.K.
This App brings them to life in the best way possible, simply set off for a walk in the New Forest, and pick a circular route to get you back to your start point.
Save your best walks and share them online...
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 15 June 2016
- Version: 4.10.1
- Size: 187 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Developer: RoadTour
- © RoadTour
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Subscription to OS Online Unlimited Maps£9.99
- South East England OS Maps 1:50k£9.99
- South West England OS Maps 1:50k£9.99
- Wales OS Maps 1:50k £9.99
- Lake District OS Maps in 1:25k OS Explorer Map series£24.99
- East of England OS Maps 1:50k£9.99
- North West England OS Maps 1:50k £9.99
- Yorkshire OS Maps 1:50k £9.99
- West Midlands OS Maps 1:50k£9.99
- East Midlands OS Maps 1:50k£9.99