Outdoors GB: 15 National Parks and Offline OS Maps
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Thanking you for making us The #1 Outdoors Navigation App for iOS ***
Includes a free download of all 15 GB National Parks, normally £9.99 (Ordnance Survey 1:50k).
*** Extremely easy to use and looks great. [Trek & Mountain Magazine]
*** The best way to access Ordnance Survey Maps in digital form. [Stuff Magazine]
*** The perfect tool for navigating off-road. Great Fun! [Outdoors Magazine]
Trusted by hikers, cyclists, ramblers, and outdoor instructors, OutDoors GB makes it easy to enjoy the great British countryside in confidence. At a fraction of the cost of a dedicated GPS device, spend less time staring at maps and more time stretching your legs. The only outdoors navigation app that combines all your favorite OS Maps, with the features you need in a simple interface. There is now no reason to ever get lost again. Simply create a route on Ordnance Survey maps..…and go!
OutDoors GB takes outdoors navigation to new heights:
• Hikers: Find or plan a route by choosing from over 200,000 free routes. Then navigate using the built in compass & simple direction view. Track your journey by hitting the record button and finally save and share favorite spots by creating a ‘My Places” list
• Runners: Add variety to your running routes by searching our database of local routes based on distance and elevation. Track your stats and save your favorite places on the routes for great views, stretching, resting and water fountains by creating your personal point of interests list
• Cyclists: Find a route that matches your level of intensity by searching entries by distance and elevation. Or craft your own perfect biking path with the route builder. Use the hands free mode while biking and track your route statistics
• Photographers: Find beautiful landscapes by searching through over 250,000 points of interests. Find or plan your route to get there by using distance markers and confidently explore offline with Satellite, Terrain, Hybrid, and Road maps
• Dependable anywhere - Break free of phone signals and download maps to use and explore anywhere
• Find, plan, share, and record routes with statistics & elevation profiles
• 200,000+ Free routes available for route planning on integrated website (outdoorsgps.com)
• Choose unlimited use (OS Online) or purchase specific regions to download (lifetime maps)
ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
• Download any Landranger 1:50k, Explorer 1:25k Ordnance Survey maps
• Includes 1 week trial for OS Online- unlimited OS maps
• Lifetime OS maps are sold as Regions (1:50k), Counties (1:25k) or National Parks (1:25k)
POWERFUL GPS FUNCTIONS
• Fully functioning GPS at a fraction of the cost of a dedicated GPS device
• Finds your location in seconds- accurate to within 10 metres
• Create a route, with distance markers, by tapping it out on the screen
• Follow a planned route easily using the in-built compass & super-clear direction view
• Create 'My Places' list (picnic area, great view etc)
• 250,000 points of interest included
WEBSITE & ONLINE COMMUNITY (100,000+ MEMBERS)
• Do all your planning (or post trip analysis) with OS Maps
• Plan, edit and share your routes (via Email, Twitter or Facebook)
You can subscribe to OS Online Unlimited Maps. Your subscription will be £30 for 365 days from the date of subscription, charged to your iTunes Account, and will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renew can be turned off anytime by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when purchasing a subscription. Also access OS Online Unlimited Maps on our website: http://outdoorsgps.com
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.11
Bringing you another exciting update:
• iOS 10 compatibility
• Adds deep links to several screens
• Various bug fixes & speed improvements
Please email us if you run into any issues:
If you enjoy using OutDoors GB, please take a minute to leave a review in the App Store. If you've reviewed a previous version please resubmit it as ratings reset with each update. We really appreciate your support!
Great navigation tool
This is a well designed navigation aid which I've used for many walks throughout the UK. I use a mac for route creation as the larger screen makes route creation easy, the iPhone screen is a bit small for this but it is possible. The fact that the maps are built into the app means that no 3G signal is necessary and the map resolution increases as you zoom into an area (assuming you have purchased the higher resolution maps!) My only gripe would be the cost of some of the maps, that said I have purchased quite a few and have probably gotten my money's worth from them. I've even used this when lost driving in rural Monmouthshire, Google Maps wouldn't work as I had no connection, so we booted this up, found the blue dot indicating our location and hey presto!
Excellent customer support.
The app itself has been well described and rated prior to this; my experience has been with the timely and excellent customer support service, initiated by my emailed queries considering initial difficulties with accessing previously purchased maps on a newly installed Outdoors app on a new device. I received very quick and comprehensive replies in relation to my two queries, which solved my problem. Stupidly, I'd downloaded a different version of Outdoors from the one I'd used to purchase the maps initially. Full marks for support and the app really does work well.
PJI. Saltash, Cornwall.
GB Parks OS Map
What can I say other than, this OS map app is absolutely incredible!
Even gives you a correct directional guide using the Mobile Data from your GPS location. I've used it on many occasion 1 of those during the climb up to the amazing Ben Nevis & with no issues. Just hope it doesn't let me down tomorrow doing the Yorkshire 3 Peaks which should take between 8-12hours. This app was only £2.99 when I purchased it way back in the day so amazing value. OS maps are reasonably priced to download on here to then store on your profile. Thanks
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 30 September 2016
- Version: 4.11
- Size: 203 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Developer: RoadTour
- © RoadTour
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Subscription to OS Online Unlimited Maps£9.99
- South West England OS Maps 1:50k£9.99
- South East England OS Maps 1:50k£9.99
- Lake District OS Maps in 1:25k OS Explorer Map series£24.99
- Wales OS Maps 1:50k £9.99
- East of England OS Maps 1:50k£9.99
- North West England OS Maps 1:50k £9.99
- Yorkshire OS Maps 1:50k £9.99
- West Midlands OS Maps 1:50k£9.99
- East Midlands OS Maps 1:50k£9.99