OutDoors GB - GPS with OS Maps including 15 National Parks
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Powerful GPS with 8 Map choices. Includes a free download of all 15 GB National Parks (Ordnance Survey 1:50k).
**NEW- OS Online Unlimited** Download your map regions for offline use as normal or subscribe for Nationwide online access to OS Maps on all devices including your PC/Mac.
***** Extremely easy to use and looks great. -[Trek & Mountain Magazine].
***** The best way to access Ordnance Survey Maps in digital form. -[Stuff Magazine].
***** The perfect tool for navigating off-road. Great Fun! -[Outdoors Magazine].
OutDoors GPS makes it really easy to enjoy the great British countryside in confidence, so you can spend less time staring at maps and more time stretching your legs. With OutDoors in your pocket, there's no reason to ever get lost again. Simply create a route on Ordnance Survey maps..…and go!
Here are 10 ways OutDoors GPS can help;
1. Dependable anywhere- no need for phone signal and works worldwide.
2. Choose unlimited use (OS Online) or purchase specific regions to download (lifetime maps).
3. Includes free OS Maps on your PC/Mac (with OS Online subscription- £9.95).
4. Download Landranger 1:50k, Explorer 1:25k in glorious high-resolution detail.
5. Huge, easy-to-manage OS map areas- always available.
6. Worldwide map coverage with Satellite, Terrain, Hybrid & Road maps.
7. Create, find & follow routes in total confidence.
8. Share purchases & subscriptions across all your devices for free.
9. Record & share routes with statistics & elevation profile.
10. Integrated website (www.outdoorsgps.com) for route planning, sharing (200,000 free routes).
ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
•Download any Landranger 1:50k, Explorer 1:25k Ordnance Survey maps.
•Free download of all 15 GB National Parks (1:50k OS Landranger maps).
•Includes 1 week trial for OS Online- unlimited OS maps.
•Includes free & Unlimited OS Maps for your PC/MAC (with OS Online subscription).
•Lifetime OS maps are sold as Regions (1:50k), Counties (1:25k) or National Parks (1:25k).
•Super fast map display, regardless of signal.
•Permanent downloads can be deleted and reinstalled anytime.
•Totally dependable, wherever you go in Great Britain.
POWERFUL GPS FUNCTIONS
•Fully functioning GPS at a fraction of the cost of a dedicated GPS device.
•Finds your location in seconds- accurate to within 10 metres.
•Create a route, with distance markers, by tapping it out on the screen.
•Follow a planned route easily using the in-built compass & super-clear direction view.
•Hands Free mode (for following a route while cycling).
•Find & download a route nearby.
•Create 'My Places' list (favourite pub, picnic area, great view etc).
•Share location or points of interest.
•250,000 points of interest included (with fast search tool).
WEBSITE & ONLINE COMMUNITY (100,000+ MEMBERS)
•Do all your planning (or post trip analysis) with OS Maps.
•Plan, edit and share your routes (via Email, Twitter or Facebook).
•Find routes nearby or near anyplace.
•Comment and rate routes.
•Importing and exporting routes to your device (inc. GPX).
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.7.7
This updated provides you with:
• iOS9 compatibility & bug fixes
• Improved in-app notifications
• Various bug fixes & speed improvements
Please email us if you run into any issues:
If you enjoy using OutDoors GB, please take a minute to leave a review in the App Store. If you've reviewed a previous version please resubmit it as ratings reset with each update. We really appreciate your support!
Great to be able to track your journey whilst following a digital OS map!
Superb app in my opinion and great features including route tracking, adding your own walked routes to your device and the Outdoors GPS website and especially being able to follow your journey as you move on the OS map for the area that you are walking. Only slight downside, the digital OS maps for downloading are a little expensive, but when you consider what features you get with this app for free, it makes the cost of the maps well worth it - and of course, you can 'hire' and download a map for just a month at a greatly reduced price, especially if you are visiting an area on holiday for up to a month so it makes it well worth it especially if you are a walker who loves maps, like me!
This app takes the pain out of navigating. Being able to track your position via GPS on an OS Explorer map is invaluable. The interface is slick and easy to use, the larger scale areas blending seamlessly with the smaller scale ones. It is amazing to be able to pinpoint your location in difficult weather conditions where visibility is poor. The only downside is the cost of the maps. And the fact that my iPhone isn't waterproof. You can't have everything. Overall this is an outstanding app.
Exceptional customer support
I have used this app for a few years and over time built up a pretty good library of maps.
I hadn't noticed my account was linked to an old email address and had no access to change my details.
After 2 short emails to the developers all was restored and I'm up and running again on my account. First class support.
As for the app it's my go to map, it's like carrying 20 rangefinder maps in your pocket at all times.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 09 November 2015
- Version: 4.7.7
- Size: 184 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Developer: RoadTour
- © RoadTour
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- South West England OS Maps 1:50k£9.99
- South East England OS Maps 1:50k£9.99
- Subscription to OS Online Unlimited Maps£9.99
- Wales OS Maps 1:50k £9.99
- Lake District OS Maps in 1:25k OS Explorer Map series£24.99
- East of England OS Maps 1:50k£9.99
- North West England OS Maps 1:50k £9.99
- Yorkshire OS Maps 1:50k £9.99
- East Midlands OS Maps 1:50k£9.99
- West Midlands OS Maps 1:50k£9.99