Outdoors GPS – Offline OS Maps for Hiking & Biking
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The #1 Outdoors Navigation App for iOS
“The best way to access Ordnance Survey Maps. Five out of Five Stars.” -Stuff Magazine
"Best UK Travel App Winner" –The Telegraph
“The perfect tool for navigating off-road.” –Outdoors Magazine
Trusted by hikers, cyclists, ramblers, and outdoor instructors, OutDoors GPS makes it easy to enjoy the great British countryside in confidence. At a fraction of the cost of a dedicated GPS device, spend less time staring at maps and more time stretching your legs. The only outdoors navigation app that combines all your favorite OS Maps, with the features you need in a simple interface. There is now no reason to ever get lost again. Simply create a route on Ordnance Survey maps..…and go!
OutDoors GPS takes outdoors navigation to new heights:
• Hikers: Find or plan a route by choosing from over 200,000 free routes. Then navigate using the built in compass & simple direction view. Track your journey and finally save and share favorite hidden by creating a ‘My Places” list
• Runners: Add variety to your running routes by searching our database of local routes based on distance and elevation. Track your stats & save your favorite places for great views, stretching, resting and water fountains
• Cyclists: Find a route that matches your level of intensity by searching entries by distance and elevation. Or craft your own perfect biking path with the route builder. Use the hands free mode while biking and track your route statistics
• Photographers: Find beautiful landscapes by searching through over 250,000 points of interests. Find or plan your route to get there by using distance markers and confidently explore offline with Satellite, Terrain, Hybrid, and Road maps
• Dependable anywhere - Break free of phone signals and download maps to use and explore anywhere
• Find, plan, share, and record routes with statistics & elevation profiles
• 200,000+ Free routes available for route planning on integrated website (outdoorsgps.com)
• Choose unlimited use (OS Online) or purchase specific regions to download (lifetime maps)
• Worldwide map coverage with Satellite, Terrain, Hybrid & Road maps
ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
• Download any Landranger 1:50k, Explorer 1:25k Ordnance Survey maps
• Includes 1 week trial for OS Online- unlimited OS maps
• Lifetime OS maps are sold as Regions (1:50k), Counties (1:25k) or National Parks (1:25k)
• Super fast map display, regardless of signal
POWERFUL GPS FUNCTIONS
• Fully functioning GPS at a fraction of the cost of a dedicated GPS device
• Finds your location in seconds- accurate to within 10 metres
• Create a route, with distance markers, by tapping it out on the screen
• Follow a planned route using the in-built compass & clear direction view
• Hands Free mode (for following a route while cycling)
• Create and Share 'My Places' list (favourite pub, picnic area, great view etc)
• 250,000 points of interest included (with fast search tool)
WEBSITE & ONLINE COMMUNITY (100,000+ MEMBERS)
• Do all your planning (or post trip analysis) with OS Maps.
• Plan, edit and share your routes (via Email, Twitter or Facebook).
You can subscribe to OS Online Unlimited Maps. Your subscription will be £30 for 365 days from the date of subscription, charged to your iTunes Account, and will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renew can be turned off anytime by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when purchasing a subscription. Also access OS Online Unlimited Maps on our website: http://outdoorsgps.com
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.12
Wrapping up the year with a couple updates:
• Better OS Online education
• Adds deep links to more screens
• Various bug fixes & speed improvements
Please email us if you run into any issues:
If you enjoy using OutDoors GPS, please take a minute to leave a review in the App Store. If you've reviewed a previous version please resubmit it as ratings reset with each update. We really appreciate your support!
Update to my review of 10 January 2017
I've just received an email from Saskia from the OutDoors Support Team to say 'Just an update to let you know that I am still working on getting this done for you'. That is great news, thank you Saskia. I've upped my rating from 1 to 3 stars as a consequence.
As an apology for the inconvenience of not having the latest version of the offline 1:25,000 OS West Sussex map, Saskia kindly offered a free map of my choice or an extension to my OS Online subscription. I declined with thanks - it is just sufficient (and a relief) for me to know that she hasn't forgotten and is working on this. It will be wonderful to have the latest map as it will make a huge difference to biological recording I'm involved with at Medmerry Nature Reserve for the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds.
I have used this app for years including over Dartmoor & the Lake District in all conditions and I think it's just "the best". You can plan walks in advance, track while you're walking and get yourself out of trouble if the fog comes down. It has its place checking afternoon walks with less able companions or planning Long Distance Walks. Once you have the maps on your phone you don't have to worry about losing signal either. Support staff have been quick to respond (even on a Sunday!) and sorted my problems efficiently. I can't fault them.
I have recommended this app to many friends and will continue to do so.
Still can't import GPX files
These folks are really annoying. They make a point of asking for feedback then completely ignore it. Since many versions back I have been telling them that the inability to import a GPX file created by another app (e.g, the excellent Cycle Hub) straight into this App is a killer. The only way you can achieve this is to email it to yourself On A PC then upload it to their web site (can't do that from IOS) then go back to your IOS device and download it to the Outdoors app. This is rubbish. I don't carry a OC on my bike!
I've given up using this app in favour of the French IPhiGéNie which even in the U.K. works with Open Cycle Map and is better than this.
I suspect the failure is deliberate - they want your data and they are forcing you to give it to them.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 03 January 2017
- Version: 4.12
- Size: 215 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Developer: RoadTour
- © RoadTour
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Subscription to OS Online Unlimited Maps£12.99
- South East England OS Maps 1:50k£12.99
- South West England OS Maps 1:50k£12.99
- OS Online Unlimited Maps£19.99
- OS Online Unlimited Maps£14.99
- Wales OS Maps 1:50k£12.99
- East of England OS Maps 1:50k£9.99
- North West England OS Maps 1:50k£12.99
- OutDoors - Lake District OS Maps in 1:25k OS Explorer Map series£31.99
- Yorkshire OS Maps 1:50k£12.99