Oxford Russian Dictionary, 4th Edition
By MobiSystems, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
This Fourth Edition of the Oxford Russian Dictionary is an invaluable text for any serious student of Russian, or any Russian native speaker learning English.
* Over 500,000 words, phrases and translations
* Includes hundreds of new words, in both Russian and English
* Extensive treatment of Russian declension and conjugations
* Cultural notes elucidate aspects of Russian life
* Detailed coverage of the latest vocabulary in Russian and English, including business, specialist, and computing terminology
This is a mobile dictionary with content from Oxford University Press and advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words using a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface. The integrated search tools activate automatically the moment you start typing:
* Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
* Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
* An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
* Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
* ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
* ‘Recent’ list to help you easily review looked-up words
* ‘Word of the day’ section to help expand your vocabulary every day
If you have any questions, feedback or suggestions please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New in Version 8.2.2
* Optimised for iOS 10!
* New camera search feature looks up words in your camera's viewfinder
* Integrated audio pronunciations for both English and Russian
* Bug fixes and performance improvements
...pity about the awful nag screens requesting one to write a review and which cannot be dismissed forever and prevent keyboard input necessitating app restart. Why try to force people to review your expensive app rather than simply let them enjoy it?
Needy, naggy app
This app used to be tremendous and fine value for money. Recently it has started to ask for a five star review every time I look up a definition. Well, you have a review and you have a star.
Get rid of the review nag
Perfectly good dictionary which I would probably have given 4 stars but the constant prompt offering a choice of 'Not Now' or 'Rate 5 Stars' is really irritating. Hence the unrepresentative rating.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 17 September 2016
- Version: 8.2.2
- Size: 64.6 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan
- Developer: MobiSystems, Inc.
- © 2016 MobiSystems, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.