Oxford A-Z of Grammar and Punctuation, 2nd Еdition
By MobiSystems, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Perfect for readers of all levels, the Oxford A-Z of Grammar and Punctuation provides essential information on comprehensive day-to-day English usage.
Arranged alphabetically, it contains entries for standard grammatical terms as well as dealing with related questions of usage. The A-Z of Grammar and Punctuation features over 250 questions of grammar and punctuation clearly explained with real-world English examples taken from the Oxford University Corpus. It provides answers to basic and advanced terms such as 'split infinitive', 'participle', and 'adverb', alongside whether to use 'may' or 'might', 'that' or 'which', and 'it's' or 'its'. It offers clear and coherent explanations and illustrations across a broad range of topics, and is the first port of call for any reader seeking clear, authoritative help with grammar and punctuation.
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality mobile language apps from MobiSystems with content from Oxford University Press.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words using a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface. The integrated search tools activate automatically the moment you start typing:
* Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
* Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
* An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
* Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
* ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
* ‘Recent’ list to help you easily review looked-up words
* ‘Word of the day’ section to help expand your vocabulary every day
* Fun and engaging ‘Anagrams’ word game gives you the opportunity to use newly learned words
IMPORTANT NOTE FROM THE DEVELOPERS:
If you have any questions, feedback or suggestions please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New in Version 8.5.4
NEW! Invite friends - Share the app with your friends and let them know about this great reference tool!
NEW! Shortcuts for iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S+ and iPhone7 users only:
* invite and share with friends;
* review 'Word of the day' entries;
* access the camera look-up feature;
* search within the extensive database of the dictionary.
Annoying, constant reminders to rate when I don't want to.
I bought the app to check words, not to be constantly bombarded with reminders to rate it.
To stop the harassment I've relented and given it a star as they are unrelenting.
Continue to bully to get 5 stars. Avoid like the plague, you'll die from tedium.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 19 January 2017
- Version: 8.5.4
- Size: 80.0 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan
- Developer: MobiSystems, Inc.
- © 2017 MobiSystems, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.