By NAMCO BANDAI Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This application does not currently support iOS7.
Celebrate PAC-MAN’s 30th anniversary by joining him in three-dimensions! Namco is proud to reintroduce PAC-MANIA, the fan-favorite game that pits PAC-MAN against ghosts new and old in unique and addictive 3D worlds!
Injecting fresh life into the best-loved elements of classic PAC-MAN, PAC-MANIA introduces amazing 3D abilities such as the power to jump over ghosts! But the dot-chomping, power-pellet adventure that has long-defined PAC-MAN has new foes to match its new powers and dimensions: introducing Funky and Spunky, two new ghosts who won't just chase PAC-MAN but hop like he does!
With 2 modes and 4 unique worlds, this twist on classic PAC-MAN will make you a PAC-MANIAC!
- PAC-MANIA's introduction of isometric 3D preserves the best-loved elements of classic PAC-MAN while introducing totally new 3D abilities!
- Jump over ghosts and change direction mid-air for an entirely new PAC-MAN experience!
- Newcomers Funky and Spunky can hop too, adding a new dimension of ghostly trouble for PAC-MAN!
- Four unique worlds including Block Town, PAC-MAN’s Park, Sandbox Land and Jungle Steps provide a variety of challenges!
- Play in Original Mode or enter Scramble Mode, where PAC-MAN has 120 seconds to rack up the highest score possible and each PAC-DOT consumed makes him move faster!
- With 23 stages of gameplay, are you a big enough maniac to take the challenge?
- Use your iPhone/iPod touch to take control of PAC-MAN via Virtual Pad, Touch, or Flick controls!
- Earn achievements and compete against others via leaderboards inside the Game Center!
Pac-mania has been my favourite videogame of all time since I first played the original arcade as a youngster so I was insanely excited to see that a version was now available for iPhone. After playing it a couple of times now I am (mostly) delighted with the conversion. The controls work well and the music seems to be all present and correct (unlike the annoying GB Advance version that looped short portions of Junko Ozawa's excellent soundtrack). My one quibble is that the level intros are inexplicably missing. Could these please be added in a future update? Sorry to be such a geek but I really love this game. Thanks Namco!!
P.S. I just noticed - it is also quite annoying that the music cuts out when you eat a power pellet and then restarts from the beginning when the ghosts stop being blue. This means that the songs rarely get to play out in full.
This brings back memories as it's the first ever game I played on the Amiga!
i found the joystick a bit frustrating, i much prefer the swipe - I like how it gives you the choice of the control type in options!
Great game, I feel 9 years old again! :o)
Don"t buy this game yet...
I own an original dedicated Pacmania arcade machine at home (and 20 odd other original dedicated cabinets at work) and my first issue is one cannot select the level at the start of each game but more importantly the maze is not complete at startup. It is in four parts and until all dots are available the game cannot be played with any strategy - it needs to be fixed and fixed ASAP. Do NOT buy this yet.....
- Category: Games
- Released: 25 November 2010
- Version: 1.0.0
- Size: 6.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Developer: NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc.
- ©2010 NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.