Pages is the most beautiful word processor you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. Start with an Apple-designed template to instantly create gorgeous reports, digital books, CVs, posters and more. Or use a blank document and create your own design. Easily add images, movies, audio, charts and shapes. You can even draw and annotate using Apple Pencil on supported devices, or your finger. Pages has been designed exclusively for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone or iPod touch — even on a PC.
Draw and annotate using Apple Pencil or use your finger
• Easily add drawings with pen, pencil, crayon and fill tools. Then animate them and watch them come to life
• Use Smart Annotation Beta to add comments and marks that stay anchored to their associated text
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a document at the same time
• Collaboration is built in to Pages on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. PC users can collaborate too
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on documents stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 70 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, digital books, CVs, cards, posters and more
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and text files
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts and textures
• Enhance your document with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Easily add images, video and audio
• Add an image gallery to view a collection of photos on the same page
• Create interactive EPUB books that can be shared and read in Apple Books
• Add comments and join threaded conversations
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Add bookmarks to easily link from one part of your document to another
• View pages side by side as you work
• Turn on facing pages to format your document as two-page spreads
• Create master pages to keep the design consistent across your page layout document
• Add linked text boxes so text easily flows from one place to another
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts
• Add elegant mathematical equations using LaTeX or MathML notation
• Quickly open password-protected documents using Touch ID or Face ID on supported devices
• Use presenter mode to easily read and auto-scroll text while giving a speech
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter or Facebook
• Export your document in EPUB, Microsoft Word and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies and two-sided printing
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
• Animate your drawings and watch them come to life in a document or book.
• When using Smart Annotation, lines connecting text to annotations in the side margins stretch and move with edits.
• Annotations now anchor to table cells.
• Easily save drawings to Photos or Files, or share them with others.
• Support for Siri Shortcuts. Requires iOS 12.
• Adjust the line spacing before and after a paragraph, and set the width for columns of text.
• Pages now supports Dynamic Type.
• Enhance your documents with a variety of new editable shapes.
• Performance and stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Full of bugs and glitches since the last update
I have been happily using this app for years, but the latest iPad version is a constant pain.
The first issue is that all the pages docs stored on my iPad were wiped on updating and only docs saved in cloud storage were usable. I have no idea why this happened so I tried restoring them from a back up on my MacBook and still they wouldn’t open. The app just kept freezing. I finally gave up and deleted and reinstalled Pages hoping this would fix the issue.
It did allow me to access cloud storage in Dropbox, etc but still keeps freezing or crashing completely and now has a number of conflicted versions of the same document which you then have to start working out how to manage - in 30 mins, I managed to acquire 13 different versions of the same document on both the iPad and in Dropbox! This means having to go through and delete the majority. Not sure if working through google docs or similar is proving as frustrating.
It’s great for apps to work alongside cloud storage, but only if access to the documents is consistently good, without that, the glitches make it pretty worthless as a way of working and if I had lost anything really important, I would have been very angry. I’m lucky I keep back ups. If you use pages on iPad at the moment, make sure you have back ups of anything really important or you risk losing it. The last freeze once again stole all the docs on the iPad itself so nothing appeared in the menu.
No longer useable
With the latest update I find Pages no longer worth the space on my iPad. Like many others I find it is very buggy. A lack of new features makes me wonder if this app is being discontinued. The reasons I wonder this are 1) at launch of the iPad Pro Apple demonstrated Microsoft Word and not Pages, 2) new features are rare 3) Pages is now free and used to be a paid app and finally it just does not work that well. If you use a Mac to do most of your work and the iPad/iPhone to make quick edits then maybe it is just ok. But if you want to use the iPad for standalone document creation forget it and go for Word. This is completely at odds to recent iPad adverts where a girl asks ‘what’s a computer’ implying you do not need a Mac. The final straw for me is the fact it is now hard to duplicate a document. Sometimes it works but most of the time the ‘duplicate’ option is missing. I have a range of templates for things such as letterheads and now I cannot duplicate them reliably they are useless. Come on Apple either get it working and improve on it, or ditch it and let us all get on with Word.
Developers responding to reviews?
I’ve used Pages - on Mac and IOS devices - for years and, for most of those years, routinely moved between it and MS Word.
Now, however, there is no contest: for my purposes Pages is, by far, the better word processor. The latest update (12) has brought even more usability and control over editing; Word on IOS is simply not worth the inflated subscription, or even a one off payment.
It may be that setting up a document with your preferred editing is not as straightforward as it appears to be in Word (I say ‘appears’ because there are plenty of built in limitations with formatting in Word), to those who are more familiar with Word and don’t want to learn Pages, there is a product available for you. To the rest, I would say spend a little time getting used to Pages capabilities and reap the benefits.
- Apple Distribution International
- 511.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010 - 2018 Apple Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.