Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pages is the most beautiful word processor you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. This powerful word processor helps you create gorgeous reports, CVs and documents in minutes. Pages has been designed exclusively for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch with support for Multi-Touch gestures and Smart Zoom.
Get a quick start by using one of over 60 Apple-designed templates. Or use a blank document and easily add text, images, shapes and more with a few taps. Then format using beautiful preset styles and fonts. And use advanced features like change tracking, comments and highlights to easily review changes in a document.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. And now with the beta release of new collaboration features, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone or iPod touch — even on a PC using iWork for iCloud.
Collaborate with others at the same time (beta)
• With the beta release of new collaboration features, your whole team can work together on a document at the same time
• Collaboration is built into Pages on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Pages for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 60 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, CVs, cards and posters
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and plain text files using Mail, a WebDAV service or iTunes File Sharing
• Quickly browse your document using the page navigator and see a thumbnail preview of each page
Create beautiful documents
• Write and edit documents using the onscreen keyboard or a wireless keyboard with Bluetooth
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts and textures
• Your most important text formatting options are on your keyboard, and always just a tap or two away
• Easily add images and video to your document using the Media Browser
• Use auto-text wrap to flow text around images
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter and bubble charts
• Organise your data easily in tables
Advanced writing tools
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Use comments and highlights to share ideas and feedback with others
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts with character, paragraph and page counts
• Automatic list making and spellchecking
• Create and view impressive 2D, 3D, and interactive bar, line, area and pie charts
• Use Undo to go back through your previous changes
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, and at iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter or Facebook
• Export your document in ePub, Microsoft Word and PDF format
• Use “Open in Another App” to copy documents to apps such as Dropbox
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies and two-sided printing
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
What's New in Version 3.0.5
This update contains stability and performance improvements.
My Favourite Word Processor
I've been a professional writer for almost forty years and this is the first word processor I've been able to get comfortable with since the late, lamented Leading Edge wp made specifically for the Leading Edge pc back in the 80s.
I don't want to have to learn how to use complicated software when all I want to do is write stories and novels. I just want to be able to work on a screen without a lot of clutter on it. I used Word for a while and I did manage to fix the features display so it was less 'busy'. But my formatting needs are very simple and quite limited. Pages is exactly right for me. And as far as I can tell, there really isn't anything Word can do that Pages can't.
New update ruined my writing!
I have the iPad 3 which now means that I am unable to update my iPad past iOS 9.3.5 WHICH MEANS that although I've been using Pages since it was first introduced, I am now unable to open ANY of my documents on my iPad at all! It tells me that to access the document I need to update which takes me here only there's no option to update the app, only to open it and thus, endless cycle. I am BEYOND disappointed in this app purely because of this. Otherwise, I would've sworn by it being the best for my writing. The only good part is that I am still able to access my docs through iCloud but I am seriously p*ssed off. My sole purpose for this iPad was for my writing so it's now rendered next to useless. Thanks for nothing, Apple.
Crashes continually since recent updates
I agree with many other reviewers on here. I have always loved using Pages, but since the last biggest update - and ever since then - it keeps crashing and crashing. I also have tried everything: deleting it, starting again, resetting everything - all to know avail This made me buy a new and more expensive iPad with loads more data on it because I thought this might fix the problem. It hasn't! It is acting exactly the same. I'm very disappointed that Apple aren't listening to it's customers and doing something about this. How can I get Apple to listen? It's a shame because previous to this, it worked brilliantly.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 27 October 2016
- Version: 3.0.5
- Size: 443 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Apple Distribution International
- © 2010 - 2016 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.