Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pages is the most beautiful word processor you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. This powerful word processor helps you create gorgeous reports, CVs and documents in minutes. Pages has been designed exclusively for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch with support for Multi-Touch gestures and Smart Zoom.
Get a quick start by using one of over 60 Apple-designed templates. Or use a blank document and easily add text, images, shapes and more with a few taps. Then format using beautiful preset styles and fonts. And use advanced features like change tracking, comments and highlights to easily review changes in a document.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. You can instantly share a document using just a link, giving others the latest version and the ability to edit it directly from www.icloud.com using a Mac or PC browser.
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 60 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, CVs, cards and posters
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and plain text files using Mail, a WebDAV service or iTunes File Sharing
• Quickly browse your document using the page navigator and see a thumbnail preview of each page
• Turn on Coaching Tips for guided in-app help
Create beautiful documents
• Write and edit documents using the onscreen keyboard or a wireless keyboard with Bluetooth
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts and textures
• Your most important text formatting options are in your keyboard, and always just a tap or two away
• Easily add images and video to your document using the Media Browser
• Use auto-text wrap to flow text around images
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter and bubble charts
• Organise your data easily in tables
Advanced writing tools
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Use comments and highlights to share ideas and feedback with others
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts with character, paragraph and page counts
• Automatic list making and spellchecking
• Create and view impressive 2D, 3D and interactive bar, line, area and pie charts
• Use Undo to go back through your previous changes
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter or Facebook
• Anyone with a shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the document and can edit it with you at iCloud.com using Pages for iCloud
• Export your document in ePub, Microsoft Word and PDF format
• Use “Open in Another App” to copy documents to apps such as Dropbox
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies and two-sided printing
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
What's New in Version 2.6.1
• Resolves an issue where some Microsoft Word documents would not open
• Additional bug fixes
• Stability and performance improvements
Other recent improvements:
• Multitask while editing using new Slide Over, Split View and Picture in Picture on iPad
• Quickly access formatting tools from the new Shortcut Bar on iPad
• Easily select text using new Multi-Touch gestures on iPad
• Use keyboard shortcuts when connected to a wireless keyboard
• Support for new 3D Touch
• Open Pages ’08 and ’06 documents
• Preview shared documents on iOS and Android browsers
• View and restore changes made to a document over time
• New Apple-designed templates: Kids Certificate, Classic Certificate, School Newsletter
• Easily access recently used fonts in the Fonts menu
• Add reference lines to charts
Shoot the updater
I'm assuming that Pages does not have the word 'update' in its dictionary as it clearly has no idea how it would be defined. In the latest version, which I was forced to download, the key for italics has been removed from the bar above the keyboard. The big bar is still there but now I have to go into the menu to change to italics. Brilliant. Also new is there are no choices should you encounter a misspelled word. You have to keep altering until you get it right, or you could exit Pages and jump into Google. But you have to close Pages otherwise it won't function correctly on your return. I could almost tolerate this, but the document needs frequent updating which can take a full four minutes. A full four minutes of your life wasted. My advice is to use it to imagine smashing the updater's head against a brick wall. I wonder what happens when he applies for his next job? Why does this great corporation not care? It will be the fall of the Roman Empire. Does anyone know a good piece of functioning word processing software? I've written three books on Pages and unless they actually update it - bring it back to the first version - I'm done with it. Might even change the iPhone, and the iPad and the Mac....
Good app for working in, but needs improvement for iPad Pro
Pages on Mac is an excellent tool for being creative, note taking and writing essays, however it would be great if I could say that about it for the iPad Pro version.
The app has limited features for an iPad which is supposed to have a desktop class chip inside it and be very powerful. Why aren't there greater features for editing and customising text, shapes,etc? Also some of the real basics aren't present, for example superscript or subscript (unless there are somewhere secret). Moreover it is quite a slow process to make words different colours. As you cannot highlight multiple words in different places around get the page each has to be done individually. This however requires you to go to the paint brush, then click where it says the size and font just to be able to change the colour, which takes a long time when you have a lot of different words to colour differently!
Furthermore using the Logitech CREATE keyboard that uses the smart connector on the iPad is awful. The app (or iOS, not sure which) does not function correctly with this. The responsiveness on the iPad is laggy, and even though the space bar or backspace doesn't stick in reality, within apps you get endless backspaces or spaces until another key is pressed! You have to type around 1 key a very 2 seconds in order for it to register what you are writing!
Good app, but needs these basics and bugs fixing to achieve 5 stars in my opinion.
What happened to this app?
Pages used to be good, I bought it ages ago when it was £6 or £7. But since it became free it's been awful and now it can't even do basic things in anything like an acceptable time. It's slow and laggy and each update creates a new problem.
What gets me mainly is, in other apps I can type and it's fine. I press the letter I want, it appears on the screen. That's all I ask. In Pages, there's something like a ten second gap after you've typed, before it shows on-screen. Why did it work before and not now? There's not a sound effect every time I type or the opening of another app or anything processor-intensive. Other apps let me type without a problem. I'm typing now, it's fine. In Pages this would take several times as long. For an app who's MAIN AIM is to type words, this is unforgivable. Coupled with the ridiculous auto-correct (which changes roughly every third word, even when they're spelt perfectly) it makes Pages a terrible, terrible joke.
Either make it work or delete it from the App Store and make a new word processor entirely - because this is just a frustrating, unusable mess.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 11 November 2015
- Version: 2.6.1
- Size: 275 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: iTunes S.a.r.l.
- © 2010 - 2015 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.