Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pages is the most beautiful word processor you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. This powerful word processor helps you create gorgeous reports, CVs and documents in minutes. Pages has been designed exclusively for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch with support for Multi-Touch gestures and Smart Zoom.
Get a quick start by using one of over 60 Apple-designed templates. Or use a blank document and easily add text, images, shapes and more with a few taps. Then format using beautiful preset styles and fonts. And use advanced features like change tracking, comments and highlights to easily review changes in a document.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. You can instantly share a document using just a link, giving others the latest version and the ability to edit it directly from www.icloud.com using a Mac or PC browser.
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 60 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, CVs, cards and posters
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and plain text files using Mail, a WebDAV service or iTunes File Sharing
• Quickly browse your document using the page navigator and see a thumbnail preview of each page
• Turn on Coaching Tips for guided in-app help
Create beautiful documents
• Write and edit documents using the onscreen keyboard or a wireless keyboard with Bluetooth
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts and textures
• Your most important text formatting options are in your keyboard, and always just a tap or two away
• Easily add images and video to your document using the Media Browser
• Use auto-text wrap to flow text around images
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter and bubble charts
• Organise your data easily in tables
Advanced writing tools
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Use comments and highlights to share ideas and feedback with others
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts with character, paragraph and page counts
• Automatic list making and spellchecking
• Create and view impressive 2D, 3D and interactive bar, line, area and pie charts
• Use Undo to go back through your previous changes
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter or Facebook
• Anyone with a shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the document and can edit it with you at iCloud.com using Pages for iCloud
• Export your document in ePub, Microsoft Word and PDF format
• Use “Open in Another App” to copy documents to apps such as Dropbox
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies and two-sided printing
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
What's New in Version 2.6.1
• Resolves an issue where some Microsoft Word documents would not open
• Additional bug fixes
• Stability and performance improvements
Other recent improvements:
• Multitask while editing using new Slide Over, Split View and Picture in Picture on iPad
• Quickly access formatting tools from the new Shortcut Bar on iPad
• Easily select text using new Multi-Touch gestures on iPad
• Use keyboard shortcuts when connected to a wireless keyboard
• Support for new 3D Touch
• Open Pages ’08 and ’06 documents
• Preview shared documents on iOS and Android browsers
• View and restore changes made to a document over time
• New Apple-designed templates: Kids Certificate, Classic Certificate, School Newsletter
• Easily access recently used fonts in the Fonts menu
• Add reference lines to charts
What happened to this app?
Pages used to be good, I bought it ages ago when it was £6 or £7. But since it became free it's been awful and now it can't even do basic things in anything like an acceptable time. It's slow and laggy and each update creates a new problem.
What gets me mainly is, in other apps I can type and it's fine. I press the letter I want, it appears on the screen. That's all I ask. In Pages, there's something like a ten second gap after you've typed, before it shows on-screen. Why did it work before and not now? There's not a sound effect every time I type or the opening of another app or anything processor-intensive. Other apps let me type without a problem. I'm typing now, it's fine. In Pages this would take several times as long. For an app who's MAIN AIM is to type words, this is unforgivable. Coupled with the ridiculous auto-correct (which changes roughly every third word, even when they're spelt perfectly) it makes Pages a terrible, terrible joke.
Either make it work or delete it from the App Store and make a new word processor entirely - because this is just a frustrating, unusable mess.
Now crashes when you use iPhone read function
Like so much else with Apple's latest updates, things no longer work properly and the old feeling that Apple is a good alternative to all those flakey Microsoft / PC products and worth the extra money fades another shade toward grey.
I only use pages for the iPhone's read function: it never worked particularly well (frequently said there was no text to read when there were pages and pages of it - no pun intended!).
Now it does this 90% of the time and when it works it stops after only a few paragraphs and crashes.
Please, please Apple: we would much rather have simplicity that worked than endless badly coded updates which use so much memory that the devices are slow and your products cause frustration where they ideas to create delight.
I feel defeated
After decades, yes decades, of being a total Apple fan I have to give up on this Pages application.
Beautiful layout aside, the functionality is just not there to help me with my studies and the deal breaker is not being able to print out comments and feedback from submitted and returned coursework — a feature which is included with the evil Microsoft Word.
I am now in the embarrassing position of having to download and use that dreaded behemoth of a program instead of my beautiful Apple alternative and admit defeat to my kids conceding that Word is actually better than Pages :-(
Shame on you Apple for letting us down. All you had to do is listen to what was being asked for and focus sing on substance instead of show.
Today is a very sad day
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 11 November 2015
- Version: 2.6.1
- Size: 275 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: iTunes S.a.r.l.
- © 2010 - 2015 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.