Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Create gorgeous documents in minutes with the all-new Pages for Mac word processor — featuring a stunning new design, new writing tools and improved performance. Start with an Apple-designed template or create your own design using fonts, styles and tools from the intelligent Format Panel. Easily add images, movies, charts and more. And use change tracking, comments and highlights to review your work.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. And now with the beta release of new collaboration features, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone or iPod touch — even on a PC using iWork for iCloud.
Whatever you write, Pages puts powerful tools at your fingertips. So you can create great-looking, media-rich documents in minutes.
Collaborate with others at the same time (beta)
• With the beta release of new collaboration features, your whole team can work together on a document at the same time
• Collaboration is built into Pages on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Pages for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 60 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, CVs, cards and posters
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts and sharing options
• The Format Panel automatically updates based on selection
• Import and edit Microsoft Word documents and plain text files
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts and textures
• Easily update and reorder styles using the new Format Panel
• Use auto-text wrap to flow text around images
• Create and view impressive 2D, 3D and interactive charts
• Insert photos, music and video with the Media Browser
• Use powerful graphics tools including Instant Alpha and masking
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes and images look beautiful
• Edit down to the pixel with the ruler, alignment guides and powerful graphics tools
• A new unified file format on Mac, iOS and the web makes documents work seamlessly across platforms
Advanced writing tools
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Use comments and highlights to share ideas and feedback with others
• Show and hide change tracking and comments on mouse-over
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts with character, paragraph and page counts
• Automatic list making and spellchecking
• Seamless integration with MathType* and EndNote* for inserting equations and citations
• Advanced typography features including smart quotes and ligatures
• Easy setup for headers, footers and document body
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, and at iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter or Facebook
• Anyone with the shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the document and can edit it with you at iCloud.com
• Export your document in ePub, Microsoft Word and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies and two-sided printing
*MathType and EndNote both sold separately. EndNote integration requires a plug-in available from Pages support link.
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
What's New in Version 6.0.5
• Support for Touch Bar on the new MacBook Pro lets you easily edit text, shapes, tables and charts
• Stability and performance improvements
Pathetic taken to a new level!
When I purchased my first Mac Pages 09 was the current software. What a joy to use!! At last I had discovered a program that did exactly what you wanted it to do and was so simple to use. I was completely won over to Apple. Since then every update has only given me a product that becomes increasingly more incapable of performing the simplest of tasks. I mean, what ‘brain' decided to remove Auto-Capitalisation’, to name only one example. Totally abysmal!!
Any charge for this is a rip off so, if you’re thinking of installing for the first time, don’t - spend your money on a program that works. If you’re thinking of updating to the lastest version, don’t - hopless as your current version is, you can be sure that Apple will defy all the odds and somehow give you something even worse!!
Maybe I’m being too hard on Apple……..Ok, they do have a useful Thesaurus feature in their Dictionary app. Very helpful when you’re reviewing their products. For example: “abysmal”: VERY BAD, dreadful, awful, terrible, frightful, atrocious, disgraceful, deplorable, shamful, woeful, hopeless, lamentable, laughable, substandard, poor, inadequate, inferior, unsatisfactory…..pathetic, pitiful, useless, lousy…..the pits.
One would almost think they were writing their own review about Apple Pages!!
Worse after update
What are they doing? The stripped back approach I could get on board with MW does overwhelm even for the experienced user but Pages is utterly trash now. I get a lag and delay when typing and making edits. Try to type quicl;y, nothing appears and then suddenly the text appears. The spinning colour wheel is a permamnet feautre in any document above 500 words. The auto-correct function is junk and doesn’t work even with 'the' as ‘teh' or ‘and' as ‘adn'. So, what does it correct? Garbage and in drastic need of imporvement. I spoke to Apple, was told to run Malwarebytes then reinstall if it found nothing. Renistall yielded no result and I’ll be damned if I have to reinstall OS X to make it work. I’ll just get MW. Sort it out! Why are Pages updates always bug fixes and stability improvements - tells you everyhting about the software. No one needs collaborative feautres like this. I guarantee you can’t find one person in a thousand that has acutally needed the collaborative feature. Just junk filler. It’s more a cynosure of, look at what we haven’t been doing.
One Step Forward…Ten Steps Back
I really don’t see the point of updating an app and taking away many of the best features of the old version. Pages 09 was much better than this. I find I agree with the other negative reviews of this product. Now I find that Apple’s dictation program won’t work properly with Pages either. It insists on typing the first word of a sentence, getting to the end correctly, then deleting the first word and capitalising the second word. Correcting it gets me angry after the first fifty times I’ve had to do it. I haven’t had this happen with dictation in other programs. And now it refuses to accept the October 2016 update. The update just hangs until I close the App Store. Although I was prepared to use Pages 09 in preference to Word (despite the fact you could never create a proper index in Pages), the latest version is far, far worse, and I have reverted to 09.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 27 October 2016
- Version: 6.0.5
- Size: 228 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Apple Distribution International
- © 2005-2016 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: macOS 10.12 or later