Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Create gorgeous documents in minutes with the all-new Pages for Mac word processor — featuring a stunning new design, new writing tools and improved performance. Start with an Apple-designed template or create your own design using fonts, styles and tools from the intelligent Format Panel. Easily add images, movies, charts and more. And use change tracking, comments and highlights to review your work.
With iCloud, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. You can instantly share a document using just a link, giving others the latest version and the ability to edit it directly with Pages for iCloud from www.icloud.com using a Mac or PC browser. And with a new unified file format across Mac, iOS and web, your documents are consistently beautiful everywhere you open them.
Whatever you write, Pages puts powerful tools at your fingertips. So you can create great-looking, media-rich documents in minutes.
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 60 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, CVs, cards and posters
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts and sharing options
• The new Format Panel automatically updates based on selection
• Import and edit Microsoft Word documents and plain text files
• Turn on Coaching Tips for guided in-app help
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts and textures
• Easily update and reorder styles using the new Format Panel
• Use auto-text wrap to flow text around images
• Create and view impressive 2D, 3D and interactive charts
• Insert photos, music and video with the Media Browser
• Use powerful graphics tools including Instant Alpha and masking
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes and images look beautiful
• Edit down to the pixel with the ruler, alignment guides and powerful graphics tools
• A new unified file format on Mac, iOS and the web makes documents work seamlessly across platforms
Advanced writing tools
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Use comments and highlights to share ideas and feedback with others
• Show and hide change tracking and comments on mouse-over
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts with character, paragraph and page counts
• Automatic list making and spellchecking
• Seamless integration with MathType* and EndNote* for inserting equations and citations
• Advanced typography features including smart quotes and ligatures
• Easy setup for headers, footers and document body
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter or Facebook
• Anyone with the shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the document and can edit it with you at iCloud.com
• Export your document in ePub, Microsoft Word and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies and two-sided printing
* MathType and EndNote both sold separately. EndNote integration requires a plug-in available from Pages support link.
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
What's New in Version 5.6.2
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes.
No borderless printing
I can't say the 'improvements' to Pages should be classed as such.
Pages updated when I installed El Capitan and now it is useless for borderless printing.
Having gone through everything in Pages and changed every setting I could find I have been to the store and also spoken to a number of Apple Tech Support guys on the phone who have tried in vain to get this working, it simply won't have it.
Pages was my 'go to' piece of software for pretty much everything and now I have to save and print from Preview if I want to print borderless. I thought Apple Mac's were all about simplicity but there are so many changes in Pages that simply either don't work or don't work as well as they used to that it has become a rather annoying piece of software now.
Please, could someone at least sort out the reason we can't print borderless from Pages, this is a vital part of the programme for the work I do.
There's an old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it' and it was never more true than in the case of Pages and this latest update.
Half-baked, could be so much better
Pages is slick; it looks slick, it acts slick - what it does it does very very well. But the amount of things it leaves out that even the most basic word-processing app can do is shameful and just stinks (rightly or wrongly) of Apple not being bothered.
Just some things that I would love to appear in the (hopefully imminent) future…
* Built in keyboard shortcuts for many of the common tasks.
* Bringing back the old “two up” feature, allowing users to view their manuscript as if it were a book with facing pages.
* More control over automatically generated “contents” area.
Oh, and one more thing… trying to google “Pages” is a nightmare - giving it a fancy name would at least distinguish “Pages” the app from “pages” the things you are editing IN Pages!
Gets Worse with Each “Update"
Try adding overlay arrows and textboxes to the standard text and then export the file to RTFD format. Do you end up with an RTFD version of the original pages file……No you don’t. The overlay will appear anywhere but where you put it on the original pages doc. Don’t waste my time Apple.
If you want pages purely as a standard word processing software it will do the job, but not as well as many other word processing apps for Mac that are available such as Mellel or Nisus Writer.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 10 May 2016
- Version: 5.6.2
- Size: 224 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: iTunes S.a.r.l.
- © 2005-2016 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.10.4 or later