Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Create gorgeous documents in minutes with the all-new Pages for Mac word processor — featuring a stunning new design, new writing tools and improved performance. Start with an Apple-designed template or create your own design using fonts, styles and tools from the intelligent Format Panel. Easily add images, movies, charts and more. And use change tracking, comments and highlights to review your work.
With iCloud, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. You can instantly share a document using just a link, giving others the latest version and the ability to edit it directly with Pages for iCloud beta from www.icloud.com using a Mac or PC browser. And with a new unified file format across Mac, iOS and web, your documents are consistently beautiful everywhere you open them.
Whatever you write, Pages puts powerful tools at your fingertips. So you can create great-looking, media-rich documents in minutes.
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 60 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, CVs, cards and posters
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts and sharing options
• The new Format Panel automatically updates based on selection
• Import and edit Microsoft Word documents and plain text files
• Turn on Coaching Tips for guided in-app help
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts and textures
• Easily update and reorder styles using the new Format Panel
• Use auto-text wrap to flow text round images
• Create and view impressive 2D, 3D and interactive charts
• Insert iLife photos, music and video with the Media Browser
• Use powerful graphics tools including Instant Alpha and masking
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes and images look beautiful
• Edit down to the pixel with the ruler, alignment guides and powerful graphics tools
• A new unified file format on Mac, iOS and the web makes documents work seamlessly across platforms
Advanced writing tools
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Use comments and highlights to share ideas and feedback with others
• Show and hide change tracking and comments on mouse-over
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts with character, paragraph and page counts
• Automatic list making and spell checking
• Seamless integration with MathType* and EndNote* for inserting equations and citations
• Advanced typography features including smart quotes and ligatures
• Easy setup for headers, footers and document body
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud beta
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter or Facebook
• Anyone with the shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the document and can edit it with you at iCloud.com
• Export your document in ePub, Microsoft Word and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies and two-sided printing
* MathType and EndNote both sold separately. EndNote integration requires plug-in available from Pages support link.
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
Pages for iCloud beta is currently available in English only.
What's New in Version 5.1
• Vertical ruler
• Share password-protected documents via iCloud link
• Customizable alignment guides
• Set keyboard shortcuts for styles
• View character count with or without spaces
• Improved precision for inserting and pasting objects
• Create charts with date, time, and duration values
• Delete sections from the page navigator
• Improved compatibility with Microsoft Word 2013 documents
• Export password-protected documents to DOCX format
• Custom number formats in charts are preserved on import of Pages ’09 and Microsoft Word documents
• Start a list automatically using new special characters
• Improved support for bidirectional text
• Improved ePub export
• Bug fixes and stability improvements
If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
I have been using Pages’09 since I bought my iMac and have produced some pretty good newsletters for my association. Pages ’09 was intuitive to use, I liked having the Inspector at the side of my work at all times and what ever I clicked on, everything worked. When my computer informed me that there was a new version of Pages to download, I was very excited. Pages ’09 was fantastic so Pages 5.1 was obviously going to blow my mind with so many new “toys” to play with. To avoid duplicating previous reviews, I can only agree with everything that has been said. Pages 5.1 should never have seen the light of day. I believe that if Steve Jobs was still with us, he would have been appaled at the dumbing down of Pages ’09 to Pages 5.1. He would have ranted and raved until he was happy with an outcome that was a great improvement on Pages ’09. So much has gone; the templates for newsletters are now just the first page with added pages being empty white blanks. Since installing Pages 5.1 my mouse has lost its responsiveness which is so frustrating, continuously clicking in the hope that something will eventually be selected. I have now gone back to Pages ’09, it’s like finding an old friend, it works, it’s great. Henry Ford said, “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently”. Come on Apple you can do much, much better than this.
I have been a very happy pages user for the last 6 years when I first made my move to an iMac. I don’t consider myself a “power” user, I have used pages to create the brochures, reports and proposals for my sole trader business. These have been great documents that have really helped the image my business conveys. I found pages much more creative and easier to use than word. This version has removed basic level functionality. The management and editing of section and page positioning has been removed. A large number of templates that allowed you to quickly create very impressive looking documents have been removed. I went to create a new document from a previous document and I could not do it, I thought it must be a simple misunderstanding on my part. I spoke with an Apple engineer, he explained I couldn’t do it. If I wanted to I would have to use the old version. So that’s what I am doing…and it does not feel right. Sadly after 5 years I am now looking at Microsoft Word. My sad and closing words are "Pages 5 - Where Technology and Creativity diverge... for all but basic users".
Having used Pages for eight years to write the simple reports that I need in my work, I assumed this latest incarnation would be an excellent update. Instead it is a crock of pooh! When I try to open an old document it won’t let me because the ‘required index xml file is missing.’ What on earth is that? So I have to go to the ‘Open With’ menu and tell it to open the file with Pages 5.1. If that doesn’t work I try Pages 4.1. Usually I can open with one or the other. However, today came the piece de resistance. I wrote a document and saved it. Went down for lunch and when I came back the document had disappeared. Pages was saying that it couldn’t open the document because it was empty. I’d only written it 45 minutes earlier, so I knew it wasn’t empty. Fortunately, I have ‘Time Machine’ set up so could retrieve the old document.
If I didn’t think I’d lose a load of documents I would uninstall this useless app and go back to Pages 4.1, that is, of course if I could work out how to uninstall it.!!
The above is a mere sample of the problems I’ve had with this totally useless App. Don’t even think of using it!!!!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 23 January 2014
- Version: 5.1
- Size: 292 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: iTunes S.a.r.l.
- © 2005-2014 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later