Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Create gorgeous documents in minutes with the all-new Pages for Mac word processor — featuring a stunning new design, new writing tools and improved performance. Start with an Apple-designed template or create your own design using fonts, styles and tools from the intelligent Format Panel. Easily add images, movies, charts and more. And use change tracking, comments and highlights to review your work.
With iCloud, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. You can instantly share a document using just a link, giving others the latest version and the ability to edit it directly with Pages for iCloud from www.icloud.com using a Mac or PC browser. And with a new unified file format across Mac, iOS and web, your documents are consistently beautiful everywhere you open them.
Whatever you write, Pages puts powerful tools at your fingertips. So you can create great-looking, media-rich documents in minutes.
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 60 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, CVs, cards and posters
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts and sharing options
• The new Format Panel automatically updates based on selection
• Import and edit Microsoft Word documents and plain text files
• Turn on Coaching Tips for guided in-app help
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts and textures
• Easily update and reorder styles using the new Format Panel
• Use auto-text wrap to flow text around images
• Create and view impressive 2D, 3D and interactive charts
• Insert photos, music and video with the Media Browser
• Use powerful graphics tools including Instant Alpha and masking
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes and images look beautiful
• Edit down to the pixel with the ruler, alignment guides and powerful graphics tools
• A new unified file format on Mac, iOS and the web makes documents work seamlessly across platforms
Advanced writing tools
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Use comments and highlights to share ideas and feedback with others
• Show and hide change tracking and comments on mouse-over
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts with character, paragraph and page counts
• Automatic list making and spellchecking
• Seamless integration with MathType* and EndNote* for inserting equations and citations
• Advanced typography features including smart quotes and ligatures
• Easy setup for headers, footers and document body
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter or Facebook
• Anyone with the shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the document and can edit it with you at iCloud.com
• Export your document in ePub, Microsoft Word and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies and two-sided printing
* MathType and EndNote both sold separately. EndNote integration requires a plug-in available from Pages support link.
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
What's New in Version 5.6.1
• Resolves an issue where some Microsoft Word documents would not open
• Resolves an issue that sometimes prevented use of Look Up for words in lists
• Additional bug fixes
• Stability and performance improvements
Other recent improvements:
• Multitask while editing using new Split View in El Capitan
• Open Pages ’08 and ’06 documents
• Shared Pages documents can now be previewed on iOS and Android browsers
• Force click images and get haptic feedback as you edit using Force Touch trackpad
• New Apple-designed templates: ePub, Kids Certificate, Classic Certificate, School Newsletter
• Easily access recently used fonts in the Fonts menu
• Enhanced support for OpenType font features like small caps, contextual fractions, alternate glyphs and more
• View Collections, Moments, Favourites and Shared Albums from Photos in the Media Browser
• Add reference lines to charts
• Create table, chart and shape styles from an image
• Add and review comments with VoiceOver
• Track changes with VoiceOver
• Edit chart data and chart elements with VoiceOver
Just too simple now.
This is a smartphone notetaking app. I have tried really really hard to use and like it on my computer but it wantonly trips me up at every step. Trying to tame headers simply isn’t possible. Having to bodge a single column in because Apple forces three on your document is just bonkers - it didn’t used to be thus. There are weird bugs in the line drawing tools - you can’t set a drawing that has a bezier curve in it to be inline with text, but any other drawing can be. Why? It is really painful moving text around. Anchors pop up all over the place and jump around wildly. There are many weirdnesses though, I don’t want to pick any particular one out as the worst. They all build together to make this software unusable. Like someone else said whoever is in charge of Pages at the moment should be moved on to something else.
It would have got two stars (because as a smartphone text editor it would be quite good), but the fact that is offered for use on a real computer and the fact that it has gone quite so far backwards - and stayed there for so long - is unforgivable.
I’ve jumped ship from this product now, and won’t be back until Apple bucks its ideas up A LOT.
Auto capitalisation and similar features
I have noticed in my use of the new pages since I bought my new laptop in September that there is no Auto-capitalisation feature for the beginnings of sentences or the letter ‘I’. Also the ability to program in specific auto-correct functions for incorrect spellings that happen frequently for a person (for example 'teh' instead of ‘the’). This is a huge inconvenience, I am a student and therefore spend an inordinate amount of time on my computer and a lot of that time typing, having no way of programing auto-corrections in that I want and lots of unwanted autocorrections particularly for americanisations is a huge issue. I live in the UK, and I have set it to UK English but it still red lines some spellings like categorisation thinking it has a ‘z’ over an s.
It would be great if we could have this sorted as it was one of the best features about pages in iworks ’09’.
I would like more features!
With the latest build the app is very stable and most of the functions work as expected however, the features are very limited. Personally I am involved in writing scientific reports and have constant problems with MathType. Apple should include latex equation editor with better support with the OS X and iOS app as they already have it in Grapher. There are also many features like flipping text in tables, customising table sizes and linking images and paragraphs so they stay next to each other as editing its done would be very useful.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 11 November 2015
- Version: 5.6.1
- Size: 224 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: iTunes S.a.r.l.
- © 2005-2015 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.10.4 or later