Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Create gorgeous documents in minutes with the all-new Pages for Mac word processor — featuring a stunning new design, new writing tools and improved performance. Start with an Apple-designed template or create your own design using fonts, styles and tools from the intelligent Format Panel. Easily add images, movies, charts and more. And use change tracking, comments and highlights to review your work.
With iCloud, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. You can instantly share a document using just a link, giving others the latest version and the ability to edit it directly with Pages for iCloud beta from www.icloud.com using a Mac or PC browser. And with a new unified file format across Mac, iOS and web, your documents are consistently beautiful everywhere you open them.
Whatever you write, Pages puts powerful tools at your fingertips. So you can create great-looking, media-rich documents in minutes.
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 60 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, CVs, cards and posters
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts and sharing options
• The new Format Panel automatically updates based on selection
• Import and edit Microsoft Word documents and plain text files
• Turn on Coaching Tips for guided in-app help
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts and textures
• Easily update and reorder styles using the new Format Panel
• Use auto-text wrap to flow text round images
• Create and view impressive 2D, 3D and interactive charts
• Insert iLife photos, music and video with the Media Browser
• Use powerful graphics tools including Instant Alpha and masking
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes and images look beautiful
• Edit down to the pixel with the ruler, alignment guides and powerful graphics tools
• A new unified file format on Mac, iOS and the web makes documents work seamlessly across platforms
Advanced writing tools
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Use comments and highlights to share ideas and feedback with others
• Show and hide change tracking and comments on mouse-over
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts with character, paragraph and page counts
• Automatic list making and spell checking
• Seamless integration with MathType* and EndNote* for inserting equations and citations
• Advanced typography features including smart quotes and ligatures
• Easy setup for headers, footers and document body
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud beta
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter or Facebook
• Anyone with the shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the document and can edit it with you at iCloud.com
• Export your document in ePub, Microsoft Word and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies and two-sided printing
* MathType and EndNote both sold separately. EndNote integration requires plug-in available from Pages support link.
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
Pages for iCloud beta is currently available in English only.
What's New in Version 5.5.3
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes.
Great word processor
It seems most people here are complaining about backwards compatibiliy. However, as a new user to Pages it’s a perfect and adequate replacement to MS Word for all business documents.
The sidebar controls include everything you commonly use in easy-to-find Format menu, unlike Microsoft Word whereby you need to go hunting in allsorts of advanced settings just to change paragraph spacing which has stupid defaults in most word processors.
It’s great how transparent images can wrap around text properly, vector support works well meaning no pixellation on your company logo when zooming.
I always use numbered headings in my documents, which is easy to do well in Pages. However there is a bug in this, you need to uncheck and recheck the ‘continue numering’ checkbox in some circumstances to make it continue numbering, otherwise it is defaulting to start at 1 again. Also, it’s annoying how heading shortcuts are saved on a per document basis, instead of globally.
Overall, a great word processor - but there’s still loads of improvements to be made so keep up the good work Apple..
How is this an ‘update’?
There is simplicity and there is dumbing down. And then then there is just plain dumb.
The old version of Pages had its issues. But it was a decent combination of wordprocessor and page layout, and it was good if you didn’t want or need to fire up InDesign. This new one is all style and no substance. You can no longer link text boxes so that text flows from one box into the other. Of course, they don’t warn you of this, all you get, as you open up your old documents is a message saying ‘Linked text boxes were unlinked’. Thanks for that. Very helpful. And no way of relinking them. Apple has treated a lot of loyal users appallingly with this. Why would you produce an upgrade of a programme which has less functionality than its predecessor? And then try and claim it as some great advance?
I’ve been an Apple user since 1982. I’ve been a Pages user since it first came out and, when it matured into an effective, productive product I ditched Word and migrated all my company’s document templates to Pages. And all has been well for years. Until now: as with other reviewers, I find that I cannot use any of those templates, much of the core functionality has disappeared and many of the existing bugs are in fact still present. The new UI is inconsistent, frequently illogical and utterly obscure. This, from a company that effectively invented the notion of Human Interface Guidelines, is contemptible.
Apple’s dumbing down of their products for no reason other than because they can has lost them another faithful user.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 21 April 2015
- Version: 5.5.3
- Size: 295 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: iTunes S.a.r.l.
- © 2005-2015 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later