Create gorgeous documents in minutes with the Pages for Mac word processor. Start with an Apple-designed template to instantly create gorgeous reports, digital books, CVs, posters and more. Or use a blank document and create your own design. Easily add images, movies, charts and shapes. And use comments, change tracking and highlights to review your work.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone or iPod touch — even on a PC.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a document at the same time
• Collaboration is built in to Pages on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. PC users can collaborate too
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on documents stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 70 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, digital books, CVs, cards, posters and more
• Get quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts and sharing options
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and text files
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts and textures
• Enhance your document with a library of over 600 editable shapes
• Insert photos, music and video with the Media Browser
• Add an image gallery to view a collection of photos on the same page
• Create interactive EPUB books that can be shared and read in iBooks
• Use powerful graphics tools including Instant Alpha and masking
• Add comments and join threaded conversations
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Add bookmarks to easily link from one part of your document to another
• View pages side by side as you work
• Turn on facing pages to format your document as two-page spreads
• Create master pages to keep the design consistent across your page layout document
• Add linked text boxes so text easily flows from one place to another
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts
• Add elegant mathematical equations using LaTeX or MathML notation
• Seamless integration with MathType* and EndNote* for inserting equations and citations
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter or Facebook
• Export your document in EPUB, Microsoft Word and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies and two-sided printing
* MathType and EndNote both sold separately. EndNote integration requires a plug-in available from Pages support link.
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
• Track text changes in shapes and text boxes.
• Add colours and images to backgrounds in page layout documents.
• Give charts a new look with rounded corners on columns and bars.
• Add mathematical equations to page layout documents using LaTeX or MathML notation.
• Enhance your documents with a variety of new editable shapes.
• Improved support for Arabic and Hebrew.
Ratings and Reviews
On a whim, I have been using this more lately, mainly as a break from MS Word. Changing the interface that I have to stare at has helped me get through a writer’s block. This is a handy and very acceptable word processor. For 95% of the writing I do, I don’t need 95% of the features in Word. Pages is clean, intuitive, and focused on the text you are writing. Exporting to Word is easy and, without anything to do with fancy formatting, always works for me. Opening Word documents in Pages has also worked, but, again, I have not tested this with anything that has fancy formatting. This is not enterprise software. This is your word processor for whatever you need to do in your private life – produce a newsletter, make a brochure, write a draft (which is what I am doing). Export options should cover most needs. One glitch I find annoying: the auto-cap at the start of a sentence is unreliable. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. One specific praise: the toolbars and buttons are bright and colourful, so unlike the appeatrance Apple adopted elsewhere. If you just need to sit down and write, give this a try.
Only one thing missing now
Having used Appleworks for nearly 30 years, I was wary of having to change to Pages. But change was necessary, since when Lion was introduced, support for Appleworks disappeared. Being a writer of Maths textbooks, Appleworks was so easy to use, but having spent over a year working with Pages, I’m almost back to being able to do everything I could in Appleworks - with one exception. I have Pages 4 as well as Pages 6 and I need pages 4 to allow me to open all my older Appleworks files, sinces Pages 6 won’t read them. The only thing I can no longer do, which I could in Appleworks AND in pages 4 is insert an equation into a text box. You can do it on the page background but not in a text window, and for someone writing maths textbooks that is a terrible problem, having now to place equations and fractions one at a time manually in place. I’ve spoken to the Maths Type developers and they said the problem lies with Apple. So come on Apple - please make the next version of Pages as Equation Editor friendly.
Good for most things, currently experiencing type lag (2017 MBPro)
I have used pages for about 4 years and have not found another application that comes close to it for functionability and appearance. It is a beautiful word processing software. This is my opinion of it when I am creating fresh new documents within pages as I was for those 4 years. Recently my needs have changed mainly due to work and I now do a lot more editing of existing documents, mainly converted from word format, this has always been quite smooth when I have done it in the past but lately I have been experiencing quite severe typing lag - not great when I need this conversion function more now. I have had to stop using pages for this reason. I have tried fixes, reinstall etc but to no avail. The documents I edit are not particularly heavy either, a lot of text boxes, one or two images, about 4000 words… Disappointing that it seemingly cant handle this, I have a new 2017 MBPro with plenty of space so it cant possibly be that either. Aesthetics 10/10, functionabiltiy 9/10, compatibilty zero. I have had to begin using Word, which is hideous but at least it works for me.
- Apple Distribution International
- 264.8 MB
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2005-2018 Apple Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.