WHY DID WE MAKE THIS?
This app was designed by an MD pain specialist and PhD pharmacologist to help users with chronic pain create a comprehensive picture-diary of the different types of pain felt throughout the day. By keeping such a detailed diary, users can now see and better understand what they have been feeling and if the treatments being tried are helping them.
TRACK IT BETTER. TREAT IT BETTER.
Using patent-pending technology, you can now distinctly track, map, and monitor the intensity, pattern, and extent-of-spread of at least 12 different types of pain on your mobile device. We’ve also added a separate tracking system for numbness.
PAIN IS LIFE-CHANGING.
When you are suffering with pain, what you want is to get better again and be able to help your doctor understand what you are feeling.
Tracking your pain is important in treating your pain. When your healthcare team can see exactly how your pain changes over time, trends can emerge that might otherwise go unnoticed.
Pain is a complex sensation that can constantly change with varying intensities, textures, locations, and patterns of spread. This is especially true for individuals who suffer from a severe type of chronic pain called Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS).
Nanolume® makes it easy for you to track, analyze, and map at least 12 distinct types of pain every day. By more completely knowing what types of pain a person is suffering with, such knowledge can be used to improve the basis upon which your diagnosis and treatment can be developed and/or adjusted.
PAIN IS DIFFERENT.
Pain is a subjective (not objective) sensation — it cannot be measured by a medical device. Its assessment relies on the ability of a person to accurately describe and communicate what he or she feels.
This app helps you explain and show to others precisely what you feel every day.
For each diary entry (pain picture):
• Choose from a list of at least 12 uniquely different pain types; you can even choose multiple types of pain — each one layered separately.
• Select the intensity of each pain type.
• Use your finger or a stylus pen to draw an “outline” around the location where each type of pain is felt.
• The app automatically calculates (estimates) the % body surface area covered (affected) by each (or all) type(s) of pain.
• Open a saved entry (pain picture) and look at the location of each unique pain type (by touching the pain type you want to see) or look at how all the pain types overlap together (by touching "All Layers"). Swipe the picture left or right to review how your pain changes over time.
• Add "Notes" for additional details.
• Miss an entry? Go back and recreate a "pain picture" from the past; then, use the "Calendar" icon to backdate the recreated entry.
• View a summary of your data in "Charts".
• Calendar. Touch the "Calendar" icon to backdate any pain-picture you draw to create a record of what you remember feeling from the past.
• Export. Share (email) or save a CSV file of your numeric data.
YOUR IN-APP PURCHASE INCLUDES.
• Unlimited Pain Entries. After the free trial ends, an unlimited number of pain entries can be saved and tracked (data summarized in “Charts”).
• Copy/Edit. Copy or edit-a-copy of a previous pain entry.
• Numbness. Track numbness along with pain entries (data charted separately).
• Custom Pain Types. Allows you to define up to 3 customized pain types.
• Interactive Summary & Animation. After a week or more of data is saved, play an animation showing how “each” of your pain types, or “all” of your pain types, change within any time period you choose by selecting the corresponding start/stop dates.
Data is stored on your device and is not collected/stored by Nanolume®, LLC.
Copyright © 2014-2019 Nanolume® LLC. All rights reserved. Patent Pending.
In updates 3.10-12, we improved the screen display for all iPhones and iPads – including iPhone X’s. We fixed two bugs: one that caused the app to crash when the “Screenshot” icon was used to send a copy of a “Pain Entry” drawing to the photo album; and, one that generated an errant popup when a saved pain entry was accessed. We also added our newest feature, “Export Data File,” that allows you to EXPORT (share or save) a CSV (comma separated values) file of your numeric data.
We continue to offer a FREE TRIAL to all new users. What’s new is that we are currently offering a promotion so users may also try all of our previously locked extra features (in-app purchases) to create and save up to 10 comprehensive pain and numbness diary entries during the trial period. After completing your free trial, if you would like to continue to create and save more than 10 pain diary entries, you will need to purchase the in-app feature “Unlimited Pain Entries”.
As a LIMITED-TIME OFFER to new users, if you purchase “Unlimited Pain Entries,” we will permanently unlock and include all of the previously optional extra features (in-app purchases) — “Copy/Edit,” “Numbness,” “Custom Pain Types,” and “Interactive Summary & Animation.”
As a SPECIAL BONUS to our current users — during our above promotion — we will also permanently unlock and include all of the previously optional extra features (in-app purchases).
Ratings and Reviews
Just What the Doctor Ordered
A superb app. I have shown this app to my pain management doc and also my Rheumatologist and both ate very interested in looking at it closer. The support given by the app owner has also been perfect. I highly recommend this app.
Not bad but needs more features
It’s good at what it does but desperately needs a feature to display the graphs over a longer period such as month by month, year by year. Failing this, being able to export the pain ratings to Excel would be helpful.
I've used this app for a long time and it is good for recording pain symptoms. I've had issues with the updates but it now appears to be resolved.
- Nanolume, LLC
- 130.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2014-2019 Nanolume® LLC. All rights reserved. Patent Pending.
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Diary Entries £2.99
- Copy and Edit a Previous Pain Entry £0.99
- Interactive Summary & Animation £1.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.