Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Create beautiful evocative pictures even if you do not have advanced drawing skills or formal art training. Painterly lets you build a picture from one or more images stored in the iPad’s photo albums. Paint new composite creations by touch. Mix and blend with your finger to create stunning atmospheric effects, all done with simple, intuitive tools.
* Simple, intuitive non-layered approach to painting, does not require pro level skills
* Canvas sizes: full device resolution (including retina display), portrait or landscape
* 15 stock grounds (canvases) to paint on or use your own photo
* 66 brushes that work with you to produce painterly style images
* Fast access to brush palette, size and opacity while you paint
* Popup controls for brush height, width, transparency and rotation
* Select one or two filters (cascaded) to apply to brush strokes
* Choose between 10 different blend modes for creative rendering
* Combine blend modes with filters for beautiful, unusual effects
* 20 levels of fast Undo/Redo at your fingertips encourages experimentation
* 20 holders for source images saved with their exact position, rotation and magnification
* A pop-up list lets you reselect an image previously used for painting
* Quickly change opacity of source image overlays while you paint
* Two finger pan and zoom canvas and source images
* Single tap full screen view of current painting for fast detailed evaluation
* Project Archive lets you save projects. Restore and finish later.
** The current project is automatically saved as you work. Switch apps, even close Painterly completely and return to continue working with your source images and undo/redo buffers all preserved.
** Uses the iPad photo albums to fetch source photos and to save intermediate and completed photos. Gives you maximum flexibility to transfer images between other complimentary apps and Painterly.
*** An info screen is available as a pop-up within the app which provides both a quick reference and detailed descriptions of how to use Painterly (internet required for tutorial videos and access to Painterly product site).
** What Painterly is and What it is Not **
Painterly is not a traditional painting program. It uses photos as a source for painting through patterns that simulate brush strokes, a very powerful technique for rapidly creating a wide range of artistic effects. It’s unconventional. You won’t be painting an image from scratch with brush and pigment. You won’t be pushing one button and having the program create something automatically. You will be painting using photos, which is fast and fun or as challenging as you care to make it. Whatever path you choose, it will be your vision realized with your own hands.
What's New in Version 2.8.1
Fixed a possible crash associated with IOS 9
Other IOS 9 compatibility updates
Added initial support for full resolution of iPad Pro