Paper by FiftyThree - Draw, Sketch, Create Notes and Ideas
By FiftyThree, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“Ideal for jotting down notes, sketches, or your next big idea, this phenomenal app sets a new standard” - Apple App of the Year award winner
Used by more than 13 million people worldwide, Paper turns your iPad into a digital notebook, with everything you need to bring your ideas to life. Best of all, Paper is now completely free.
IDEAS BEGIN ON PAPER.
“App of the Year & Apple Design Award Winner”
Sketch out a new product design, chart your progress, or outline a great business plan. Paper is the essential digital notebook that works the way you think, with no fussy settings or distractions. In addition to its five original tools to Sketch, Write, Draw, Outline, and Color, Paper also includes Think Kit, allowing you to create diagrams, charts, and wireframes at the speed of thought. Paper’s tools, along with unlimited, secure, cloud backup are all offered for free with no in-app purchases.
CREATE WITH PENCIL
“The Best iPad Stylus” — Wired and The Verge
Express your creativity more naturally with Pencil—FiftyThree’s handcrafted Bluetooth Smart stylus. Pencil’s unique Surface Pressure technology allows you to use Pencil’s tapered shape to fluidly control the width and strength of lines. You can also flip to erase, blend with your finger, and rest your hand comfortably on the screen with world-class palm rejection.
JOIN THE MIX
“People are at their best when they create.”
You don’t need to be an artist, or even know how to draw to be creative and use Mix, the sharing network built right into Paper. Mix takes away what’s scary about facing the blank page and leaves you with a fun place to get inspired and share your ideas. Find the perfect template for a task, learn a new skill, or make new connections with collaborators around the world. Mix is where the world creates together.
What's New in Version 2.6.0
We've lined up some great changes to line drawing in Think Kit:
- Snappier new connectors
- Lines inside shapes connect more perfectly with boundaries, making it easier to subdivide shapes.
- Lines close to the outsides shapes stay separate from shapes, making detailed graphing easier.
- Flow charts are easier to make with connectors that align vertically or horizontally to shapes.
- We've fixed some bugs in the Pencil firmware upgrade. If you've been having trouble connecting or upgrading, please upgrade your Pencil's firmware in this release.
If I am supposed to be the target customer given......
Update: glad to see the team has added tools to make it easier to draw basic shapes and increased rating accordingly. Would still like to see grids, lines and other stencil options just like you get with real paper.
All the marketing on the website suggests "drawing skills not required" and "not just for artists". Then how is it that this app does not come with a basic set of tools to make my life easier?
I'm not a great drawer and certainly not an artist, however I consider myself creative and have always liked to hash out ideas on a notepad and enjoyed the process, whether it be for work or pleasure. A physical notepad of course has limitations and it just seemed to me that based on the gushing reviews and marketing this app was my answer to organising and sharing my ideas as well as improving how my doodles looked. Given this I am amazed the app does not come with the following.
- Different paper types including grids and lines. Look at Adobe Line, it has paper types that also make it much easier to draw in perspective.
- Shapes that enable the easy creation of perfect straight lines, circles, squares etc. Suggesting you can go use a physical straight edge on your iPad is just ridiculous given the opportunity to use technology to provide a much richer and more adjustable set of tools.
This is so frustrating as the addition of these two simple features would change everything for me.
I have the Fifty3 pencil and I am wondering if it can be used for calligraphy as well as drawing?
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 13 July 2015
- Version: 2.6.0
- Size: 70.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: FiftyThree, Inc.
- © 2015 FiftyThree, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases