Papers is your personal library of research on the go. Find, read, organize, share and sync your research papers - anytime, anywhere!
• Revolutionize how you collect, organize, and read documents.
• Search simultaneously from 20+ repositories, including PubMed, Google Scholar and ArXiv.
• When you import papers into your library, Papers lets you organize them in collections and read, annotate and freehand draw them in glorious full screen.
• Import Word, PowerPoint, and other document files to your library and organize them just as easy as your PDFs.
• Automatically find and download the PDF for references you import from search engines, when the full-text is available!
• Papers now also optionally lets you synchronize your library via your local Wi-Fi network or Dropbox to your Mac, PC and iOS devices.
• Create Shared Collections and add content to your Reading List, also accessible via your web browser.
• Support for Apple Pencil in the reader mode.
Papers is a full workflow solution designed to make sure you spend time on what’s important: your research.
- Fixes compatibility issues with iOS 11
- Fixes an issue where searching via Google Scholar didn't return any search results
- Improves Dropbox syncing
Ratings and Reviews
i have used papers since the first version and there is no other option that will search for and match medical papers easily, importing the reference and metadata and pdf automatically. coupled with ability to open pdf in preview, highlight text, which is then viewed seemlessly in papers these are critical features i couldn’t do without as a busy hospital doctor. i was put off upgrading for years by awful reviews and horror stories. i looked at all the options but there isn’t anything that replicates this functionality. therefore i eventually cautiously upgraded each version and have been pleasantly surprised no major issues so far. it has always been slightly buggy here and there for me with syncing between mac/iphone/ipads but generally worked satisfactorily. seems better this version. UI had nothing wrong with it before that i noticed but now looks more modern at least. however i find it a bit less intuitive to navigate around the different view sections and tabs than before though (e.g. mainly read vs search, what is open to view vs what is in the library already) partly probably because of social media sharing type functions which have been added, which are probably great for some people but not used by me. Well done for sticking at it though developers - please keep going.
Buggy but still better than others
Mirroring the development on the Mac, the Papers app for iOS has got buggier, but is now improving again. I regularly find the UI getting stuck, or not making the database changes which I ask for. Importing papers is clunky and inconsistent. The sync is extremely slow, and seems to destabilise the app. Making this worse is that the app must be open to sync. Keeping all my PDFs on my iPad Pro (12.9") is a nonstarter and makes the app unusably unstable, crashing repeatedly. Papers support is very responsive, and have advised not to keep all library PDFs on the device.
Papers has suffered from a bad feature creep, and is sacrificing stability for mostly useless social and cloud features. It could use a back-to-basics rewrite focussing on core functionality.
The latest version is good!
I have recently bought iPadPro and syncing my Papers 3 library containing 3,000+ PDFs between desktop Mac and iPad Pro was breeze! When I add new PDFs either on Mac or iPad, they all update smoothly! This is the way to go! Viewing papers on iPad Pro 12.9 inch is also fantastic! I can now annotate using Apple Pencil just like I used to do on the printed paper. I can now highly recommend this for any scientists, but try to get iPad Pro as well!
- 103.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Digital Science & Research Solutions Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.