Paragraft is for editing text - anything from to do lists, random notes, to lengthy documents. Its aim is to give you basic control over your formatting with the minimum of fuss.
It gives you an easy way to write up notes while on the move *and* to share those notes in a neat and tidy format with friends, clients, colleagues, etc.
-> Edit your documents using plain text with simple markup for creating headings, bold and italic text, bulleted lists, numbered lists and horizontal lines.
-> Drag paragraphs to re-order them.
-> Smart keyboard shortcuts save faffing with buttons and pop up menus, keeping you focused on writing.
-> Preview stylings with a quick touch.
-> Share your rich text documents by email, PDF or print.
-> Keep your documents organised with powerful and easy to use tagging system.
Paragraft: text editing, tuned for the touch based device
More Detailed Feature List
* use simple keyboard shortcuts to apply italic, bold and list formatting - this approach is much faster than selecting text and using menu or button options
* use swipe left and right gestures to create headings and adjust heading levels or, for lists, to adjust list levels
* create and share rich text emails from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
* use draggable tags to help organise your documents - you can also search documents by name or by contents
* easily adjust size and style of font for editing and, independently, for email / PDF / Print / preview
* import plaintext from other apps such as Mail, iCloud Drive, or Dropbox
* import Markdown formatted documents from other apps such as Mail or Dropbox (but note, not all Markdown formatting is supported on import)
* export plaintext files (with Markdown markup) to other apps such as Dropbox, Pages or PlainText
* choice of smart quotes or straight quotes
* create rich text email signatures
Fixes for compatibility with more recent versions of iOS and more recent devices, including iPhone 6/7 and iPhone 6/7 Plus.
Ratings and Reviews
A great idea, evolving nicely
I love that the author of Paragraft has found this niche between plain text and word processing, and has found clever ways to address some of the shortcomings of writing on an iPad. For example using 'xx' as a quick way of typing **.
There are a few unexpected conventions in the app, but the developer is listening to feedback, and it's evolving nicely. I look forward to it becoming my main plain text / markdown editor, and deleting the many others that I've bought over the last year.
A great app..
A great little app that's simple and very handy. I was looking for an app for my ipad so i could do my writing on the go without lugging my laptop everywhere with me, now this is what i do all of my writing on, at home as well.. The only little teeny problem I have found since updating to IOS6 is that the keyboard seems to flick up and down very quickly whenever it starts a new line. It's not a major problem but its a little distracting, I assume all will be we'll again with an update for IOS6... Great app overall.
yes, keep it simple
I was looking for simple and effective and safe text editor for Annie and I think this is it. Certainly I am very happy with my trial run through. I agree with the five stars. I am surprised I am the first to write a review. There are some really nice original touches to make its use easy. I shall update this review after I have seen how Annie gets on with Paragraft.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.