Patch Base is a collection of patch editors and librarians for new and vintage synthesizers, enabling easy visualization, editing, and organization of patches.
* See what patches on your synth look like
* Edit the parameters of your synth in real time, while you play
* Save patches in Patch Base, and back them up for free using iCloud
* Access your patch files on your computer via iCloud Drive
* Create random patches, and "init" patches as starting points for new sounds
* Play your synth for sound testing using the on-screen keyboard
Patch Base currently has editors for the following synthesizers, with more to come:
* Casio CZ-1, CZ-101, CZ-1000, CZ-3000, CZ-5000
* Clavia Nord Lead 2, Nord Lead 2X
* DSI Mopho and Mopho Keyboard
* Ensoniq ESQ-1, SQ-80, and ESQ-M
* Korg Volca FM, Minilogue, microKORG, MS2000, MS2000R, MS2000B, MS2000BR
* Oberheim Matrix-1000, Matrix-6, Matrix-6r
* Roland JD-Xi, JV-1080, JV-2080, JV-1010, XP-80, XP-60, XP-50, XP-30, D-50, D-550, D-05, D-110, D-10, D-20, D-5
* Waldorf Blofeld
* Yamaha DX7, DX7II, TX7, TX802, TX816, TX81Z, DX100, FB-01, FS1R
The app is free for download and to try out, ensuring that the app works with your hardware setup. For full access to all editor features, each editor is available as a separate In-App Purchase.
Discount pricing for All Access upgrades now available to people who've bought single editors in the past.
Also, some bug fixes, and a nicer MIDI settings screen.
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent app, excellent developer
I’m surprised to see a couple of bad ratings here, but not surprised to see that Chadwick has resolved the issues. He is a very responsive guy with a very positive attitude towards developing great apps for the iPad. Nobody else is doing what he is doing.
If you own one hardware synth within the Patchbase library, his editor will be very useful. If you own several, like I do, it’s an absolute bargain, especially if you catch one of his all-access specials :-)
This guy deserves the support of hardware synth fans everywhere - he is making some very difficult-to-program synths (D-110, FB-01, Matrix1000, JV-1010 anybody?) as easy as they can possibly be. He is also covering a bigger range of synths than anyone else on the iPad. And although I am a fan and user of MidiQuest on the PC, most of the synths in that software are from the 80’s to the mid-2000s. So Patchbase is filling gaps in the hardware line-up (eg Mopho, Volca FM, JD-Xi) and doing it for much less money than PC equivalents. Great news for the synth community. Go, Chadwick!
Updated to this version crash crash crash !!!!!!!!!!
These crashes have been fixed! Sorry for the problems.
Got this app for volca fm only ,worked great for a few months.now since new update Nov 30th keep s asking to restore purchase.since l've already bought it ,it reloads but nothing works?
Sorry, this was a bug in that release. It has since been fixed, so if you are still having problems, please download the latest update.
- Coffeeshopped LLC
- 57.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright 2017 Coffeeshopped LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Korg Volca FM £19.99
- All Access £99.99
- Roland JD-Xi £19.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.