Patterns is a simple yet powerful tool for working with regular expressions. Build great patterns quickly and effortlessly with syntax coloring, and with matching and replacing occurring in real time.
- Regular expression syntax coloring makes it easy to see how your pattern is interpreted by the regex engine. No more confusion about what needs to be escaped.
- See matches and replacements in real time while you edit your pattern.
- Copy match and replacement code snippets of your pattern for quick use in a number of different programming languages.
- The built-in regular expression reference sheet helps you find the piece of regex syntax you need.
- Highlighting of matching parentheses for capture groups in regex editor
- Bugfixes and improvements
- Fixes an issue where quotes and dashes are substituted in the text fields
- Support for macOS 10.12 Sierra
- Hover over a match to view the contents of capture groups
- Restoration of app state on quit and relaunch
Ratings and Reviews
This little app is brilliant. I never really understood regex that well, and using this app is allowing me develop more complex patterns as and when I need them. The built in guide panel is a great quick reference, and the copy to clipboard functionality which will copy the pattern in many common languages is great.
I'd highly reccomend this app to those struggling to get to grips with regex, it's a great learning tool and a permanent fixture in my utility belt.
Its almost there .. It really needs a "Matched" list displaying strings you've matched, instead it just says "1 Match", which isnt all that helpful.
Please add in a panel that lists the matched strings and ill re-rate this app, as currently I'm still using Rubular because its nice to actually see your matched strings.
Not much else to say really, does a great job and is simple to use… The reference sheet doesn't seem to play nicely with the trackpad scrolling on my MBP but that is a very minor point for me...
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.