PC Pro is the UK's biggest selling IT monthly. Each month it enables millions of IT professionals to make the best possible tech decisions - both at work and home - through a unique blend of labs-based reviews, provocative features and real-world advice from real-world consultants.
This app is a straightforward reproduction of the magazine. Fully searchable and easy to navigate, it's a great way to access the magazine before it hits the newsstand.
All the subscriptions are auto-renewable subscription directly from the App Store. Payment will be charged to your App Store Account at confirmation of purchase. This subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period, your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. The cost of the renewal will match the initial subscription price. You can manage your subscriptions through your Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
- 12 Issues (1 Year) at £34.99
- 6 Issues (6 Months) at £16.99
- 3 Issues (3 Months) at £8.49
Welcome to your brand new app! We've made some changes that we think will make you love your digital subscription even more.
Some of the benefits include:
- A one-step login process using your Customer Number
- Save your favourite articles and share them with your friends and family too
- Read downloaded issues offline
- Access to a collection of historical issues
- Better customer support
You will need to log in for the first time to access your subscription. We think you're going to love it!
Ratings and Reviews
As a long time magazine subscriber, I finally ‘upgraded’ to the digital version too. Unfortunately, there are a lot of basic mistakes with this app.
1. Why do the past editions not appear in order? There is a run of months in the correct order, then suddenly a few are out of order, then back in order again. (And the issue numbers are not readable in iPhone)
2. The content is not hyperlinked. Why can’t I click on an item in the index, and be taken to the relevant page. I either need to swipe through 50 pages to get to the right page, or navigate to a drop down list of pages in the home menu (helpfully just a list of page 1, page 2 etc!), then click the page. It would be even better if the content was hyperlinked across editions. (So I could click on a review from the A-List section and be taken to the correct edition and page).
3. On iPad, the pages are rendered just slightly too big to fit the screen! So you end up scrolling up and down a few lines to be able to see the whole content. Why not fit to the screen height? This would result in a solid view of the page, with left/right swiping always turning the page. At the moment, a slight drift up/down with your finger caused the page to scroll up/down and not turn.
It’s a real shame these issues exist, since the content is excellent, and I will continue to use it to inform my purchasing decisions in the future. Hopefully, the app will be updated soon.
Terrible application, disgusted with Dennis publishing
So below is an email I received back from the magazine support team after I chased them up about restoring my issues back to 2012.
Thank you for your email regarding PC Pro.
Dennis have only decided to load a certain number of issues into the app. This is usually only a years’ worth of issues per title. We appreciate customers will want to view all issues they have purchased, so we have raised this with Dennis and they are checking now if they can load in more older issues.
If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
I just can’t believe that they basically made you upgrade to an app that’s worse than the original and that didn’t give you the option to at least archive off the issue you’ve purchased.
I will be cancelling my subscription.
Don’t upgrade, I had issues available in the old app going back to 2012, they are only available now back to last November. Talk about making your loyal customers feel like they have been ripped off.
App forgets password
I bought a subscription from Dennis publishing, which then requires set up of a pixel mags account. But I have to re-enter the pixel mags account email and password each time I run the app.
I have contacted pixel mags, they said they are working on an update. I have contacted Dennis publishing, suggesting they migrate to another iOS magazine platform. They said this is not possible and referred me back to pixel mags.
- Dennis Publishing Limited
- 14.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Dennis Publishing
- In-App Purchases
- PC Pro: Auto Renewing Subscription £31.99
- PC Pro: Auto Renewing Subscription £7.99
- PC Pro: Auto Renewing Subscription £14.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.