PDF Squeezer is an easy-to-use PDF compression tool.
It reduces the size of large PDF documents by compressing images and removing irrelevant information. This will help you obtain important savings in bandwidth costs, digital storage costs and network transmission times.
• Simply drag and drop your file into the application window
• Choose from predefined compression filters or create your own
• Batch compress multiple files
• Compress all files in a folder and its subfolders
• Finder, Safari and Preview ad-on available via the share menu
• Support for password protected PDFs
• Automatic compression and save with 'One-Click-Compression'
If you're having questions or problems, don't hesitate to ask for help by following the support link on the right!
If you like PDF Squeezer, please consider to rate it on the App Store to support further development. :)
NEW: The Finder extension now asked you where you'd like to save the compressed file.
FIX: Compressing locked files could confuse the user password with the owner password
FIX: Editing a filter did only recompress the selected file and could cause user interface issues.
FIX: With One-Click-Compression enabled the app may quit before the compression was finished.
Ratings and Reviews
This is a beautiful little program. It is exceptionally easy and quick to operate and has been written with a great deal of common sense. It’s more an essential than an extra.
If a pdf can be shrunk (and obviously some are already as optimised as the pdf spec allows), it will be shrunk, often with very little visible loss. I love the immediacy of this program: you can see so quickly what is possible with the file in front of you.
Standard tool - used it regularly for years
I have been using this tool for a little over four years now, principally to reduce the file size of fat scans. Why not scan skinny? a) Becasue you don’t always have the orginal to scan; b) because sometimes it’s good to have a hi res version on file but a low file-size version to e-mail.
Main points for me are that:
- it is simple to use;
- there is little visibile deterioration in quality in most cases - even for some significant file-size reductions.
This app lives in my dock and will be there for a while yet. Developer updates are frequent enough. (Cool icon too.)
Wish list? It would be a nice touch to be able to reduce to a specified file size rather than only to a specified resolution or quality. (Maybe there are practical obstacles to this.)
When you have loads of PDFs on your system, something like this is invaluable. Simple to use, great compression rates, and quick. On certain PDFs it won't compress but thats just one or two out of hundreds. Well worth installing.
- Witt Software UG (haftungsbeschrankt)
- 5.9 MB
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012 - 2017 Witt Software UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.