PDX Bus, MAX, Streetcar and WES
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
PDX Bus is an award winning application that displays arrival times for public transport in Portland, Oregon.
** PDX Bus won Best in Show at the CivicApps.org awards **
This little application uses the Internet to quickly access TriMet's live tracking data to display arrival times perfectly formatted for the iPhone. It allows you to bookmark frequently used stops, displays recently accessed stops, and gives details for arrivals which are en-route.
You can enter the stop "id" of the stop (as displayed at each stop or station) or you can browse the routes for the stop.
- Interactive rail maps, showing the MAX, WES and Streetcar stops.
- Embedded maps, showing locations of stops, and when available, the last known position of the bus or train.
- Use GPS to locate nearby stops or rail stations.
- Browse routes and stops, show an entire route on the map.
- Links to TriMet route information.
- Displays Rider Alerts, and Detours.
- A "Nighttime visibility flasher" - a flashing screen that can be used at night so that drivers can see you. TriMet suggests holding up a cell phone to make yourself visible to bus drivers.
-Trip Planning - now you can use the same trip planning feature that is available on TriMet's web site.
- Specially formatted text to work with the iPhone 3GS VoiceOver accessibility feature to speak arrivals.
- QR code reader to read codes at bus stops and stations
Route and arrival data provided by permission of TriMet.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Note: this free application was developed as a volunteer effort to provide a service for TriMet riders, the developer has no affiliation with TriMet, or Apple. Suggestions and feedback are welcome.
What's New in Version 8.0
I've been busy! Added a bunch of stuff that folks have been asking for, bug fixes and tweaks.
Fixed notifications so alarms will work.
Updates for iOS 9 including searchable bookmarks, stations and routes. The first 4 bookmarks appear as Quick Actions on the home screen for iPhone 6S.
Updated TriMet MAX map - they changed it again to include the new streetcar route names and colors.
Using Handoff, arrival screens and trip results can be passed between devices.
Watch: Improved navigation though lists of stops on the watch by adding a "Next stop" button where appropriate.
Watch: Added automatic commuter bookmark to the watch.
Arrival detail screen is now auto-refreshed; added a map so now you watch watch the bus or train get closer as you wait.
Added support for iPad split view and overlay; updated for iPad Pro screen size.
Maps that show routes and stops now also show vehicle locations for that route.
Maps now show buses & trains as arrows pointing in the direction of travel and using the route color.
Trip planner now correctly says to stay on the train if the route color changes (e.g. Orange trains change to Yellow).
All distances are now given in tenths of a mile or feet if shorter than 0.1 miles. Metric distances remain the same.
For arrivals, added ability to find the nearest stops going in the other direction.
Bug fixes and stability improvements.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 28 February 2016
- Version: 8.0
- Size: 15.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Developer: Andrew Wallace
- © 2008-2016 A R Wallace
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.