The Pembrokeshire Marine Code protects the amazing marine flora and fauna for which Pembrokeshire is renowned through voluntary codes of conduct and seasonal agreed access restrictions.
It is important that you become familiar with and understand the Marine Code in order to enjoy wildlife responsibly and preserve the safety of Pembrokeshire’s wildlife for everyone’s enjoyment. To reduce the potential for disturbance to wildlife follow the agreed codes of conduct, and access restrictions maps.
Features of the app include
• Wildlife facts for plants and animals commonly found in Pembrokeshire
• Pembrokeshire Marine Code maps and best practices on viewing wildlife.
• Information in a searchable format on flora/fauna/geology.
• Best places to view the amazing plants and animals of Pembrokeshire
• See your location in relation to wildlife hot spots and wildlife sensitive areas
• Record wildlife sightings and locations of invasive non-native species and post/share photos of wildlife
The background location mode is required to alert users to agreed access restrictions that have been drawn up by conservation experts and coastal users. These have been agreed in order to preserve and protect the marine wildlife. You will be alerted when you enter any of the follow types of access restriction zones:
Seal and seabird area
Priority to wildlife
Slow. Minimum speed
Ministry of defence area
Extreme Caution. Porpoise area
This application uses GPS, continued use of GPS can dramatically decrease battery life.
bug fix - loading remote images when local cache fails.
- Writemedia Partnership LLP
- 33.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016 Pembrokeshire Marine Code
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.