Keep track of your spending and save money with Pennies, the award-winning budgeting app for iPhone, iPad and Watch. Winner of Apple's ‘Editors Choice’ award and thousands of 5 Star reviews worldwide, Pennies is THE budgeting app for everyday people.
••• Read the reviews and see what people are saying •••
"The easiest and simplest budgeting app ever"
"Been using it everyday for a year now - and my bank account shows it!"
"The perfect, simple budgeting app that actually helps me save"
"You need this app!"
••• MAIN FEATURES •••
> HELPS YOU KNOW HOW MUCH TO SPEND
Pennies does all the hard work for you by telling you how much you have to spend today. If you spend less, no worries, Pennies will give you more money to spend tomorrow.
> HELPS YOU SAVE MONEY
Should you spend or should you save? Pennies shows your spending and finance health with bold colors, helping you slow down or speed up your spending to keep you on track.
> MORE PERSONAL THAN ANY OTHER BUDGETING APP
Pennies offers you weekly, monthly, bi-weekly, twice-monthly, custom and one-off budgets, that start on any day you want. No other budgeting app gives you this much flexibility to create budgets that work perfectly with your lifestyle.
> INSTANTLY SYNC VIA ICLOUD
Keep your budgets backed up and shared across all your iOS devices via iCloud. Pennies installs on your iPhone, Watch and iPad and seamlessly syncs your budgets for you.
> AS MANY BUDGETS AS YOU NEED
Have more than one budget that you want to keep on top of? No problem, there's no limit to how many budgets you can set up.
> FLEXIBLE EXPENSES
Sometimes we forget when we spend – that’s OK. Add and edit expenses to previous dates and budget periods, and Pennies will recalculate your budgets today so you are always up to date with your spending money.
> MULTIPLE CURRENCIES
Use any currency in the world for individual budgets.
> TRANSFER BETWEEN BUDGETS
Easily transfer money between budgets with a single click.
> SUPER SIMPLE, SUPER QUICK
Made a purchase? Sweet, just add it in. Pennies only cares about the numbers, no tags, charts or complex breakdowns here. Just the amount of money you have to spend is all you need to know.
> 3D TOUCH SUPPORT
Add budgets, transfers and expenses straight from your home screen using 3D Touch Quick Actions. Requires iPhone 6s / 6s+
> TODAY WIDGET SUPPORT
Head to the Today view in Notification Center and add Pennies Today, you'll get a handy view of your daily budgets, and with a single tap you can view them in Pennies.
> BUDGETS ON ALL YOUR DEVICES
Pennies comes ready to install on your iPhone, iPad and your Apple Watch, so you can keep your budget with you wherever you go!
Budgeting shouldn’t be hard work or boring. That’s why in Pennies you won’t find any charts, graphs or complicated diagrams. It's personal finance made easy, it’s your money made simple.
Pennies is friendly, bold and unbelievably easy to use, giving you the freedom to manage your budgets and spending in any way that suits you. It's all about keeping things easy and flexible so you can get on with having fun, spending what you want, and saving money at the end of the month.
So, start budgeting how you want, when you want, without any worry. Start using Pennies today!
If you enjoy using Pennies please rate the app! If you have any feature requests I'd love to hear them. If you want to send me chocolates and roses, that's cool too.
Check out Pennies in action: http://www.getpennies.com
Follow Pennies on Twitter – https://twitter.com/PenniesApp
Contact me – email@example.com
The number one budgeting app has just got even better:
• New languages added
Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Mandarin and Arabic added to Pennies!
• Added Yearly Budgets
You can now create yearly budgets to track long term spending
• General bug fixes and improvements
If Pennies is making your life easier and helping you save money, please consider supporting the app by opening the Setting page and leaving a tip in the Tip Jar.
It would also be great if you could leave a positive review in the App Store, or update an existing one. I’d really appreciate it. As an indie developer it makes a big difference. Thanks!
Ratings and Reviews
Sticking to a budget can be challenging, especially when you forget to keep track of all those little purchases you make throughout the week. Pennies is a slick, simple way to keep an eye on your money. At-a-glance colour indicators let you know if you’re on track with your spending or need to slow down on the shopping sprees. Creating customised budgets is quick and uncomplicated, and it takes just seconds to track purchases. It’s fiscal responsibility made fun.
Useful, simple way to manage a budget
I have found Pennies to be a really good and intuitive app for keeping track of spending and managing my monthly budget. Categorising expenses helps me keep an eye on where money is being spent and the little tags indicating “most/least spent” when grouping spending history by category is a handy feature when I need to quickly review expenses.
I’ve never exported the data for any kind of analysis, preferring to monitor spending throughout each budget period, but can appreciate that this is clearly a useful feature for some users.
Although this is already a very good app, there are a few features that I feel could be added to make this a five star app:
1. ability to add/remove categories/notes to/from the default notes list (including custom ones). I realise it’s possible to create a custom category/note but this has to be typed in each time - being able to add a custom category/note to the notes list would simplify the process when multiple expenses fall into the same category.
2. ability to enter/select a category/note when adding an expense. At the moment, adding a category/note has to be done separately by editing the expense.
3. I don’t know whether this is possible (privacy, etc.) but the ability for payments made using Apple Pay to be automatically added to Pennies would really make this a killer app. If it can be done, I’m sure other users would want to give their authorisation for this to be done.
Hi, thanks for your review and feedback. To answer your questions:
1+2 You can add a note when adding an expense. Right above the keyboard is a button that says 'add note'. Tap this to go to the 'Add Note' screen. This gives you a preset list, but also a list of your last 10 used notes which makes it quick and easy to reuse notes/categories without actually having to manually create them
3. this just isn't possible at the moment, I wish it was though!
Hope this all helps. Any more questions feel free to email me firstname.lastname@example.org
I downloaded this app to replace Spend which I have used for years, but sadly is no longer supported by iOS 11. I thought it was a little overpriced but couldn’t find another app that allowed me to do what Spend did, namely set budgets for various things and track what I’m spending out of those budgets easily. This app does allow me to do that, but....
- It forces you to set a date range for budgets (this allows it to calculate your daily allowance) but I don’t always want a date range or the daily allowance, there needs to be an option. For example
I’ve set money aside for new tyres, I don’t know when I’m going to buy them and it’s a one off purchase so daily allowance not required.
- If I have to have a date range then I need to be able to add/subtract/transfer money outside that date range, what if the thing I’ve been saving for is on sale and I decide to buy it a week earlier?
- I have to tell it every time I set up a budget I’m using GBP, surely on a paid for app this should be a global setting?
- The input could be a little quicker, for £10 you have to type 1000, with my old app you only had to type 10, then if you needed pence you kept typing and it recognised it. A small thing, but that was a free app and quicker to input.
Almost perfect but needs some flexibility and time saving improvements.
- Emile Bennett
- 94.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Emile Bennett
- In-App Purchases
- TipJar - Generous Tip £0.99
- TipJar - Awesome Tip £2.99
- TipJar - Superhero Tip £4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.