*This app is developed and is managed by Wern Jie, 15 years old.
"When all you want is the digital equivalent of a paper diary, this is the perfect one." - goyyboy
"[...] Exactly what I needed [...]" - (multiple reviews)
"Good and accessible with VoiceOver" - Allan.summers
Never write a diary because of the inconvenience to do that?
Always forget to write in your diary?
Afraid that someone will peek into your diary?
Unable to attach images into your diary?
Just need a simple & easy to use diary?
Personal Diary is an app that solves the above problems. It's completely free with no advertisements and limitations. Easily access all your entries in all your devices with iCloud Sync. You can write diary entries without worrying that someone will peek at what you wrote, with passcode & biometric protection. Forgot about your diary? The app will now 'summon' you back a friendly nudge. You can also import as many photos as you wish into your entries. As an addition, you can set your mood and also the weather.
- Numeric passcode lock (any number of digits).
- Unlock using Touch ID or Face ID.
- Auto-saves as you type.
- Simple & Easy to use.
- iCloud Sync.
- Smart Search.
- Ability to pick a mood.
- Ability to choose the weather of the day.
- Mood & Weather can be automatically chosen.
- Import photos to your entries.
- Select a theme.
- Dark Mode for better night use.
- Fully supports iPad Multitasking Features.
- Fully supports external keyboard.
- Fully supports VoiceOver.
- iPhone X, XS, XR series supported.
- New iPad Pro 11" and 12.9" supported.
- Apple Watch app supports all models, Series 0-4.
- Fully functional non-stripped down version of Apple Watch app.
- Daily Notifications for writing in your diary.
- NO Ads & absolutely FREE! :D
*Some features may not available on the Apple Watch. All features for editing and viewing all your entries such as the Timeline view are fully supported on the watch, except for previewing images.
Don't forget to let me know what you think of Personal Diary by leaving a review on the App Store! Reviews and ratings help and let other users find this app. If you have any problems or questions, feel free to send a feedback; I might be able to help! :)
- Please do not forget your password. If you forget your password and your identity cannot be verified, you may not be able to access your data.
This app allows you to tip/donate to directly support the development of this app through in-app purchases. No new features will be provided when you tip, it's just to support the app's development if you would like to. Selecting a Small/Medium/Large Tip will initiate a one time payment for tipping. A Continuous Tip is automatic-renewal subscription to tip every month, and will renew automatically every month unless it's turned off or cancelled (through your account settings) at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. For this, your iTunes account will be charged when payment is confirmed, and charged for auto-renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period at the selected price.
Critical Bug Fixes are released in this version. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
- Fixes an issue where the Apple Watch app crashes on launch for many users. (pssst there was a reason I released the watch app on a #.#.# minor update, i.e. I'm not very sure if there would be issues out in the wild)
- Fixes an issue where the scrolling on the Entry page while typing will cause the text to scroll back to where the cursor is located.
- Fixes some content for VoiceOver users.
Original Update (version 2.4.20):
Hey there! I've included a few amazing functionalities in this update. Notably:
- Apple Watch Support! Personal Diary is one of the FIRST diary/journal apps to offer a complete version of the iPhone app on your watch, including your entire Timeline and every single aspect of an entry can be created, viewed and/or modified directly on your watch as well (note: image viewing is not yet supported but will come soon!). Comes with automatic mood & weather selection as well (which can be overridden directly on your watch), and your settings will be mirrored from the Personal Diary app on your iPhone.
*Apple Watch app usage requires "Allow data access on your Apple Watch app" to be enabled on the iPhone app.
- Printing & Export To PDF Support! You can now export an individual entry or all of your Personal Diary data for printing or just for archiving your data.
And other random updates like:
- The new iPad Pros & iOS 12.1 are now supported as well!
- The App Store Screenshots are updated to make them more interesting. ;)
- Notifications now allow you to directly select "Create New Entry" (by 3D touching the notification) and instantly jump into a new entry within the app and start writing.
And some bug fixes:
- Fixed random animation glitches when deleting an entry.
- Removed animations for users on iOS 9 due to an animation glitch that only occurs persistently on iOS 9.
- Fixed bugs regarding the app not detecting a new iCloud sign in properly and therefore would not display iCloud content until an app refresh is performed.
Hope you enjoy using Personal Diary! :)
Ratings and Reviews
It's GREAT but...
I really like it but I think you should a have something to change your passcode like if you just realised that someone could guess it so you need to change the password there could be like...i dont know maybe a button what asks for you password now then it will make you put your new password and you copy your new password again and and then BOOM lol if you do I will write another review but 5 star that's not to make you do it I said that because of the password thing I've explaind and also have to emotions because I mainly feel angry or sad orrrr angry and a little bit happy I've just seen that you have replied to this report thank you so much I've literally just changed my password xD
You can change the password by going to Personal Diary > Settings > Set or Change App Passcode... > Type in your old password > press Done > type in your new password > press Done > retype your new password > press Done.
Hope this helps! :)
- Wern Jie
This app is amazing! I suffer with anxiety really bad and I was told that writing my thoughts down and what I do good during the day would help to ease it and it really does! I love the fact that you can set the date, time, weather and how you feel it really makes it feel detailed and like your in control of what your writing. I find it hard to keep a diary as I usually give up about a couple of days but this is so good because it’s on your phone ( which most people have on them all the time) and it’s easy to work and access. I would defiantly recommend to use this if you have anxiety ( it may not work for some people everyone is different).
It’s a ok diary but there a few glaring things to make it a great app. It is a easy app to get on with.
I use this to hold my work information where and when I have been to a job so these are what I really could do with.
It needs to have day and date on the front page would make it a lot easy to find things.
The main thing is I need to be able to flick through the pages to find information not go in and out from front pages. Just a forward and back button would do
Now you can flick through your pages makes this a great app. I would like day on the front page but that is minor.
I now find this a great app. Easy to use with everything I need need I a diary. I like the fact I can have multiple entries on the same day. Clearly separated so if I have multiple starts times at work I can see the times without having to open a page.
Thank you for your feedback. All the features you listed have been included with Personal Diary 2.4.11. Hope this helps! :)
- Wern Jie
- Eng Tat Lim
- 41.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 - 2018 Wern Jie Lim
- In-App Purchases
- Small Tip £0.99
- Medium Tip £2.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.