By PhatWare Corp
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
PhatNotes for iPhone is the new generation of PhatWare's award-winning notes organizer that allows to synchronize notes with desktop PC and use cursive and print handwriting recognition for text input.
5 Top PhatNotes features
- Professional notes organizer can handle thousands of notes stored in multiple folders and grouped by specified attributes
- Advanced text search and notes filtering
- User reminders and hyperlinks between notes
- Advanced text editor featuring handwriting recognition input in addition to the iPhone keyboard
- Full notes synchronization with PhatNotes Desktop software*
* PhatNotes Desktop software version 5.5 or later is required for synchronization (sold separately). Visit www.phatware.com/phatnotes to download a free trial.
With PhatNotes, you create notes providing them with category, subject, creation, modification, and authorization dates, color, and priority, which helps to find the required information quickly and easily. You can search for specific text in a specific field, and sort notes by category, date, color, priority, or subject. You can protect notes from unauthorized access with a password and send e-mail messages directly from the Note Editor. Interface to the Contacts Database enables you to pick an e-mail address instead of typing it in, or insert the contact information into the note.
The intuitive, easy user interface lets you start using the program within minutes. PhatNotes allows synchronizing multiple notes databases between the desktop PC and the mobile device.
PhatNotes also offers many advanced features including the ability to handle thousands of notes stored in multiple databases, hyperlinks between notes, hierarchical notes organizer, customizable views, user reminders, spell checker, advanced filtering and text search, and much more.
What's New in Version 2.2
- Full support for iOS 4.2 including multitasking and printing support.
- Improved user interface.
- Allows to create calendars events.
- Allows to print notes on supported WiFi printers.
- Improved handwriting recognition learning curve.
- Allows to access PhatNotes data files via iTunes
- New icon and splash screen
PhatNotes is lightweight
I've fiddled with this for a couple of hours now, so it's possible these comments will be superseded by more knowledge. I like the simple presentation. Didn't realise when I bought it it also does translations - which would have been cool if it included Vietnamese - but no showstopper. The 2 big problems are 1. You can't organise stuff beyond a single level - I.e a list of folders containing notes, can't have more folders.
2. IT DOESN'T COPY and PASTE! unless I can't find this vital feature. I'm trying to copy words from a separate translation app and have just given up
A dead dinosaur Don't waste your money.
Perhaps eight years ago this was a class leading app on palm/Windows mobile devices.(I used it) However, today it should be retired and removed from the store.
I also bought the Windows desktop companion which was a waste of money too. (£16 ???)
This app cannot handle ANY NOTE MORE THAN 32kb !!!!! Has no audio capabilities or images. It can't even group categories. Its a joke.
It is completely non-intuitive and makes no use of what iOS has to offer.
It still has handwriting recognition. this is fine for a resistive touch screen, but TOTALLY useless on Apple devices. It just adds the irrelevant 'bloat' that phat notes is. This company is squeezing the last drop of revenue from this already desiccated cash cow.
I wrote to the company requesting a refund as the 32k file limit renders it useless. They never even acknowledged my correspondence.
There are countless better FREE note keeping apps being produced by far more deserving developers so don't make the same mistake as I did.
R.I.P. Phat notes!
A great app!
PhatNotes on my PC has been my faithful notes app for a number of years. I'm now using it on my iPhone, WIFI syncing with my desktop. I'm even using it now on my iPad and it's superb. The facilities seem endless - convert handwritten notes to text, three levels of organisation, event creation, spellcheck, dictionary, date/time stamping, etc., etc. I've checked a number of other apps but nothing comes close to PhatNotes. Ok it would be nice to have cloud syncing, and even nicer to have it upgraded to take full advantage of iPad features but it still warrants five stars.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 22 December 2010
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 9.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: PhatWare Corp
- © PhatWare Corp.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.