Phoenix HD is the best looking shoot'em up that everyone can enjoy! Enjoy the marvelous action and rise to the challenge at your own pace in this action packed game. Phoenix HD is a modern arcade game with intense action and brilliant graphics, where every playthrough is different. Some of our unique features include:
* Amazing Visuals – Silky smooth graphics with spectacular explosions powered by Metal!
* Procedurally Generated Content – Every game is unique.
* Unique ships with their own gameplay – Lots of spectacular weapons and power-ups.
* Location-based Leaderboards – Become the best in your home town and move on to the entire world.
Fixes bugs introduced by our Flare engine upgrade in the last update:
* Bullets are cancelled again when you destroy the enemy that fired them. This restores the intended behavior.
* Fixes issue where a Striker targeting laser could stay around and start aiming at seemingly random positions.
* Fixes the problem where all Gamma Strike missiles would target the same turret on the left side.
* Fixes Trinity teleport malfunction after starting the game with a Phoenix Wake.
* Fixes a bug that caused the Striker to stop locking on to new targets (this was actually fixed in the previous update, but was not mentioned).
Thanks to Bozack Jerome and everyone else who notified us of these problems. Do not forget to review or rate Phoenix HD if you enjoy playing. We greatly appreciate your support.
Ratings and Reviews
My first favourite
This game's my first favourite game on the iOS platform, been playing for years now. Awesome gameplay with local and global ranking increasing competitiveness. Multiple difficulty levels facilitating a desirable learning curve. Great little game.
Highly addictive and the power increases are fun
Great, but also terminally flawed.
Like the original Phoenix that came before it, Phoenix HD is - in terms of gameplay, visuals and audio - very good, great in fact for a free title. Where it loses my faith entirely however is where it refuses to save any form of high score without you paying out for the Online Pass. Okay, fair enough... if you want to fight with the big leagues worldwide I can justify them charging for the privilege. What I DON'T like is how it won't let me record my own high scores just for my own benefit! I'm not interested in seeing how I stack up online, really I'm not. But I don't enjoy setting a pretty decent score, only to have it tell me the next time I play that I've never set a score at all! Very demoralising and not at all enjoyable. What point is an app without you being able to try and beat your high scores? No replay value at all. Yes I could pay, but why should I have to just for that feature? Until that's fixed, my score stays firmly at 2 stars. If you value the effort you put in, stick with the original.
- Firi Games
- 92.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2011-2016 Firi Games
- In-App Purchases
- Corsair £0.99
- Mirage £0.99
- Shogun £0.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.